August 27, 2007

Spooky Skies......

Are you scared yet? Well you better get ready because I'm in the mood for Halloween! I love it when Fall comes around because I start thinking about ghosts and goblins and warts and witches too! So get ready for lots of Halloween projects this year....I think I lost my mind because I have a TON of Halloween stamps and goodies to use. I got a little obsessive, you could say.
So here we go with a bewitched sample. My good friend Emily over at Stamping Bella gifted me with some fun new images. I immediately knew I needed this cute witchy poo stamp, isn't she cute? First, I stamped my image in black ink, heat set then cut out and embossed the image with a Spellbinder's Oval Die Template. That image was matted on a scallop cut Spellbinder's oval. I colored in Witchy Bella with my Copic markers, using a direct to paper coloring method. I colored just like you would in a coloring book then went back over areas with the same color markers to add shading.

Then I took my Copic Airbrush System and created a spooky Halloween sky. First I masked the colored witch with some Eclipse masking tape. Then I selected some spooky sky colored markers-a purple, a green and an orange color. Then I airbrushed each color on in back and forth sprays, switching markers for each of the three colors. When I pulled the mask off...which is SO fun...the spooky sky appeared. So how bout that? For more information on airbrushing with Copic markers and the Airbrush System, visit Ellen's blog. She did gave some *technical* tips on how to operate the airbrush system.

To finish off the card, I used some SU! tiny bat images in black, Doodlebug Halloween patterned paper and I tied some May Arts ribbon around the card. Notice that the tied ribbon portion looks like bat wings! I planned that part, so clever yes? I also colored the pumpkin's grin in with a gold Copic Spica glitter pen, they are fabulous!! And the grand finale are those three purple beads. My daughter Jordan called them *witchy warts* so that's my new name for them! Actually they are what Emily at Bella calls *baubles*. They are fun! So I hope you enjoyed the first of many Halloween projects. You realllllllly need to try the airbrushing, it's addicting and you'll want to airbrush everything in sight!
What's this you ask? This is a little goody sack I sent to my good friend Pine. She loves Halloween too and she makes the BEST Halloween goodies. I can't wait to see her creations this year!
Inside her goody sack was all kinds of Halloween stamped images and embellishments. I hope she has fun using this stuff and hopefully she'll post some of her goodies on her blog. Do you have some good *stuff* sitting around?

Tip of the day: Stamp some images, cut some snippets of fun ribbon and patterned paper and send it off to a stamping friend. Challenge them to create something fun...it's fun to share!

21 comments:

Karen said...

How cool is that airbrush! I'm waiting on my local store to get them in! Love the card and the bling!

Donna Baker said...

I don't even do Halloween, but this card?! It makes me SO want to! It's TOO CUTE!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card and your coloring is beautiful

Tara said...

love your halloween card!! I love Halloween...can't wait to start making more haloween stuff!!

Rose Ann said...

You created the perfect background with your airbrush! Wonderful creation!! (I just got my WitchyBella today, and was thinking of getting it inky. ;)

Dottie K. said...

Oh the new Bella is just adorable. Love the card and your coloring is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Alex said...

I love your bella Halloween card - the coloring is gorgeous! Nice job Michelle - love it!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

MISHIE! I LOVE when you do Halloween!!!!!!!!!!! Oh - I need this bella now, too! :)

Beth Thomas said...

That is such a cute card!! Definitely inspiration to get to work on my Halloween cards and goodies! Thanks for the goodie bag idea- I'll definitely have to do that!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love that airbrushing! The card is great! Nice goodie bag of goodies! Laurie

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is just too cute. Fabulous job with shading and design. Awesomly wicked!

Beth said...

Oh MISH!

I had the airbrush system in my basket and took it out (for now).

KICKS SELF!

Love it!

Christina Fischer said...

Your card is so terrific! I love the bright colors and your airbrushing!!

Sharon in NE said...

Your coloring and artistic touches are SO enviable!

June Houck said...

This card is wonderful! The coloring and shading of the witch, the air brushing, the ribbon, the dp, and the baubles. All wonderful! Kudos to you!

Viv said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday and your witchy Bella is so cute! Love that background! Your tip of the day sounded very sweet--might just give it a try! TFS!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN, FUN bag of goodies, and what a FABULOUS card that is! You always brighten my day with the creative and happy things in your life. Thanks so much!

Jenn said...

Oh is she ever cute!!!

Debbi T said...

OY! I love her!

Ida said...

Mish, I love all things Halloween so I've really been enjoying all your great creations this morning. Love those "baubles" too! Ida

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!! Witchy Bella? Love it! I've been on holidays, must have missed that one! Love what you did with her:)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails