August 7, 2007

Crafty Secrets Journal



Edit #2: This set is called Journaling by Crafty Secrets and it is a brand new release. It should soon be available at a number of stores.....check my shopping link at the right for Crafty Secrets, Sweet Miss Daisy's shop, and Eclectic Paperie. This set is not yet listed (I checked all three sites) but I'm sure it will be out soon. You could also email Crafty Secrets direct to order it, I'm sure. Tell them Mish sent ya!
Edited to answer a few questions:
1. The notebook was purchased with the burgundy design. No patterned paper was used, therefore no need to punch holes or disassemble the notebook to get the paper on.
2. To adhere cardstock and ribbon to journals, I use a double sided tape adhesive. Redline tape holds really well. I also use my ATG tape gun often with good results.
3. For my previous post with the garden clogs and messy stitching.....the question was about dull sewing machine needles. Yes, the needs do get dull more often and you do have to adjust your tension sometimes. But for the most part, I have no trouble with my machine. I use it mostly for sewing on cards anyway. The bigger issue is gunking up the sewing machine needle with adhesive goo, which also tends to attract lots of lint/dirt. I wipe down my needle often with a little cleaning brush.
Sandy, from Crafty Secrets, sent me some brand spankin' new stamps.....it was like Christmas when I got home vacation! This cute little set is called Journaling and is just perfect for altered notebooks. I bought a bunch of these lined journals at Staples off the clearance table. I always try to keep a stash of notebooks handy because they are so easy to alter but make great gifts. I kept the design simple but added some detailed embellishments like the sequin on the letter *J*, the button in the flower center and some pretty velvet ribbon. The main image was colored with Copic Sketch markers. I love the skin tone colors that Copic offers. I also used my Spellbinders Nestability Die Templates...an embossed rectangle for the main image and a scallop cut rectangle for the next layer. The scallop layer ties in the colors and the *loops* of the journal pattern. I'll put this in my For Sale basket, just in time for all my teacher friends wanting gift items. Those cute vintage note cards and writing box are from estate sale finds.

Supplies:

From Ellen's online store: Copic markers (E31, Yoo, R59, 0, E00), Spellbinders Nestability Dies

Other: Crystal Sticker Elements (sequin), Crafty Secrets Journaling Clear Art Stamps set, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Prima Flowers from Eclectic Paperie, Burgundy velvet, Staples notebook

7 comments:

Dottie K. said...

This is just darling. I want to try some of these for Christmas gifts. Love the colors!!! How do you adhere your paper to the journal so it stays on? How did you punch holes so your paper goes thru the rings? TFS :)

Anonymous said...

I just love your sweet notebooks! I too have the same questions as Dottie K plus I would love to know how to obtain the cute crafty secret set of journaling stamps.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

So very CUTE!!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love notebooks . . . even made some of your 1/2 junior pads recently! So great, thanks for the ideas!!

Dottie K. said...

Thanks for the answers to my questions. I really appreciate it. Have a good day!

Whimsey said...

Hello from Kansas! I love the notebooks! I've determined I must be the dorkiest stamper out there - I am WORTHLESS at altering notepads, notebooks, etc., it never seems that simple to me. :( Maybe I'm trying to hard? Oh well, you've given me great inspiration...might have to try again. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

hey Mish - I have a little question -- do you find that when you sew on paper you need more or less tension? I can't seem to get mine figured out. It seems to be too loose (on the back) - any suggestions???
thanks,
kerry
kerrydavis72@hotmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails