February 2, 2010

Just Rite Garden Tour 2 Blog Hop

Welcome to the JustRite Garden Tour 2 Blog Hop. This month, JustRite is releasing more beautiful sets....perfect for spring...perfect for coloring! The set I'm showcasing today is called Breath of Spring. Please visit the JustRite Blog to see the set in it's entirety.

I'm focusing on the pretty daffodils in a pitcher image for my project today. I found these beautiful inspiration photos from the internet to share with you. When coloring flowers, I find that looking at a photo is the perfect way to capture just the right colors and get some wonderful shading examples.
The photo below is what I used for my color inspiration for my pitcher of daffodils. Ahhh, this photo just makes me long for spring even more. I can almost smell the sweet scent.
Here's my finished cards below.
And here's a closeup of my colored images. I paper pieced the vases and colored the flowers and stems with Copic Sketch markers. There is nothing like digging into my Copic stash then sitting down for a coloring session. Especially with flowers, they are one of the most fun things for me to color.
Here's the Copic colors I used to color my images, below. The BV(purple) color was used as an outline around the image but it's a little hard to see in the photo. Purple is a complimentary color of yellow so that BV marker adds some nice color to the images.
Here's a little sketch below for my card layout. It was inspired by Betsy Veldman's beautiful card that was featured in the recent Stamp It! magazine. You are welcome to use the sketch as a challenge for some of your own cards. And notice the colors on my cards too. I used yellow and gray which I've seen so much in the design industry lately. Give that a whirl too if want to add in a color challenge. Please post your project links in my comments section, I'd love to visit your blog to see your projects! My new friend Maile Belles is playing along with the challenge, so be sure to check out her blog today too.
And Betsy was kind enough to let me show her card on my blog. Isn't it beautiful?? I love the bright pink punches of color in the flower, the sentiment, the ribbon and the stitching around her card. And the card layout is one that I will keep in my sketch book to use over and over again. Thank you for the inspiration Betsy!!
Hope you enjoy my project today. Be sure to check out the other JustRite Designer Blogs to find more creative projects!!

JustRite Inspiration Blog
Angela Barkhouse
Barb Schram
Becca Feeken
Debbie Olson
Heidi Blankenship
Kathy Jones
Kazan Clark
Kellie Fortin
Michele Kovack
Sharon Harnist
Sharon Johnson

22 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What darling cards! Your entire post is a good deep breath of springtime fresh air! I needed that on this cold, cold morning!!!

beth said...

I LOVE the yellow and gray - can you tell us what paper you used?
Thanks as always - your blog is awesome.
Beth

dolcreations said...

What a breath of fresh air this card brings...i just love the signs of spring on your blog! Love the paper that you used to paper piece! Love your colouring too...always so perfect in my eyes!
It is ground hog day here in Ontario, Canada...and apparently he saw his shadow so that means for us...6 more weeks of winter...but apparently....he's only right 30% of the time!!!LOL

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your daffodils in the yellow and gray theme!

Daisy said...

Beautiful! Lovin the yellow daffodils that are just perfect for today. Happy Groundhog day!

CherylQuilts said...

Fabulous, Michelle! Love the great coloring and color combo! And I love the layout too...so you! Daffodils are one of my favorites! \
Love it - thanks!

AndreaA said...

very pretty card. love those daffodils.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful Mish!! I love the soft Spring colors. I can't wait for those nice warm Spring days! I love the paper piecing too!

Unknown said...

WOW!! They look so real.

TFS,
Angela

Alice said...

you coloring is amazing, Mish! such a beautiful card!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautifully refreshing breath of spring, Mish -- love the color combo!

Linda said...

Michelle the daffadils are gorgeous. I just love coloring. Thnaks for sharing.

Barbara Schram said...

Love the yellow and gray together! Wonderful inspiration pics too!

Sofia said...

Just love those yellow daffodils!!! So real!!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely Beautiful Michelle!!! Your colouring is just gorgeous and love the paper pieced vases!! If I could send you some of our summer I would!! :)

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so sweet.....I love your colors......love it all...

Michele Kovack said...

Love this card! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the sentiment running up the side of the image!

Carol said...

What a great idea to use a photo to make the coloring so authentic looking. Beautiful!

Claire said...

I could ALMOST feel the warm spring breeze...tfs...hugz...

marge said...

You're making me think it's spring......

Kathty P said...

Beautiful cards. I have a bouquet of daffodils on my craft table right now that I picked from my garden yesterday. It's a nice contrast to the snow coming down.

Sonya said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely sample. It is beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails