February 26, 2010

Spring/Easter Inspiration Station

Hi everyone. With March just around the corner, it's time to get a crackin' on some Spring and Easter projects. Who knows when this winter weather will gone but for me.....it's SPRING!! (please do not remind me that it's not actually Spring because I'm officially forecasting SPRING now no matter what the weather man or calendar says...so there. It's Spring).

What better way to break in Spring than with my Spring/ Easter Inspiration Station!! This year I've nestled all my goodies into a vintage, wooden basket tray. I've included both Easter decorations and paper crafting supplies. Inspired by Heather's new Egg Hunt collection of stamps, dies and patterned papers, this year it's all about the egg. And flowers. And pretty pastel colors. And glitter. Let the fun begin!
Fuzzy, little, yellow chicks are always adorable at Easter time. I love these vintage looking prints.
How about these beautiful, pastel, paper eggs? They usually hang on a fake tree but I like them nestled in this old bread pan too. Jordan made that Easter sign out of Popsicle sticks a few years ago.
Then there's Peter Cottontail and the little Mrs. They're delivering egg of all kinds. I prefer the Reese's kind. Just sayin'. I got these two vintage looking figurines at Nell Hill's.
I do not like green eggs and ham....but I sure like my green egg wreath! Sometimes I hang this, other times I use it as a centerpiece with a candle in the middle. Again, from Nell Hill's.
These delicate, vintage Easter postcards were given to me by my dad. They were in a stack full of letters from his grandmother, Cora. I will cherish them forever.
And now for the crafting goodies. Using a Papertrey color palette of Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart and Lavender, I've created a beautiful array of pastel colors.
My Vintage Buttons are nestled into old jello tin molds and a glass jar from Anthropologie. I tied ribbon around an old set of measuring spoons to use as a button scoop. (Tin jello molds were collected from a variety of garage sales, flea markets, auctions,etc)
My pretty, assorted ribbons are all lined up. I use stick pins to keep the loose ends tucked in nice and tidy.
I've already got a head start on some Easter egg doodads. Stay tuned for a great idea using these egg embellishments very soon. And check out this post of my notepad I made using some of these doodads here..
And look at this. My crafting goodies are nestled into a removable wooden tray. So now when I want to use my goodies, I can just remove that part and take it to my work table. I could see that closer to Easter time, I might use the entire wooden basket as a centerpiece. I'll keep the goodies in my stamp room and fill the other side with decorated Easter eggs....or sugar cookies or Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs....oh my, I can't wait.
Well. Now that SPRING is here, whatcha gonna create? I can't wait to make more goodies.

Note: You can look through my Labels section at the left under Easter/Spring and Inspiration Station to see Spring and Easter from past blog posts. Enjoy!

15 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Mish!
I just had a quick question for you. I am going to order some
Copics tomorrow. I wanted to know if there is a major difference in Ciao and sketch for stamping. Is one better than the other? JoAnn has a Ciao set on sale for a good price online. Alot less than the sketch set. Please help. :D I did read the Copic web site on the difference, but wan't helpful as how it relates to stamping.

Lisa said...

Love your Spring/Easter inspiration station!! The colors are so fresh... I am forecasting spring too and I even have tulips coming up!! Yay!!

Debbie said...

always love the stations you create, on a recent trip with friends I just had to pick up some old jello molds because I just love the way you use them to display your crafting items. You really have a talent for display!
along with many other talents.

deb said...

your photos and descriptions just inspire! If I don't do anything else, I will just gather some buttons and ribbons, and pretty papers and enjoy the "view"

Kathy T said...

You have such a gift when it comes to gathering everyday things. I bet your house is beautiful. I am always inspired to attempt a "Mish" look. I've gathered the set of jello molds for .25 at a yard sale just for my inspiration station, which isn't very grand, but very handy. Thanks so much for sharing.

scrapfancy said...

Love the inspiration. I was just getting some little birdhouses sanded up and thinking SPRING for them. You know the colors and such. By the way you may be able to help. Our do I figure my URL to a picture??? When the contests happens I do not know where to find that. Thanks and keep on inspring us!!!!!!

Michele Swanberg said...

I love your inspiration station! I am so happy that you have declared it spring, because I am tired of winter! I hope you have as much influence with Mother Nature as you do with me! Ha Ha!

Princess Danell said...

I love your inspiration station. I think you should just leave it out as a table scape. Mix in some little jelly beans and you are good to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty! I just love your blog, I always find something to inspire me.

Deirdre said...

Hi Mish ,

Beginning to notice a new pattern with you and that is, your mast head changes with your topics.. love that. Looking here at a vase of gorgeous golden daffodils and sunburst tulips and snow outside! Know how you feel about Spring but this year it looks like we might just spring into Summer instead!!!

Ted said...

Mish, love the spring inspiration station and those pastel colors. I reckon it has something to do with my being a spring baby. ;) Wonderful basket!

Anonymous said...

Love your inspiration station Mish! The colors are great, the photos are great!

Monica K. said...

What a gorgeous display of spring colors! It's very inspiring. Makes me want to get started on Easter cards. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my, so much pastel loveliness, I can hardly stand it!

Liza Yon said...

gasp! oh my word!! (speechless)... TFS!!! This is so YUMMY! I love everything about it....

Related Posts with Thumbnails