February 8, 2010

Papertrey Color Challenge

Welcome back to the Papertrey Anniversary festivities. More exciting products are being introduced today, so be sure to check out Nichole's blog. Heather Nichols will be debuting her Fillable Frames Collection and Dawn McVey will be introducing her Color Couture product line.
You definitely do not want to miss the contest on Nichole's blog either. Each of the Papertrey Design Team members created a signed piece of artwork. The entire collection of framed pieces will be a fantastic prize indeed.....can you imagine your design studio decked out with Papertrey artwork. It's a prize that all of us would love to win!!

When designing our artwork to send to Nichole, she asked that we use our favorite Papertrey color scheme. This was hard to narrow down because of Papertrey's fantastic colors, but I chose the following favorite colors: Kraft, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream...with a
little bit of Dark Chocolate. Doesn't the photo below just make you drool?
Here is my artwork that Nichole will use for the prize package. Note: The final framed piece of my artwork will look a little different...I had a hard time following directions and had to revise the size. ;) But it's pretty much the same.
For my card front, I used Baby Button Bits and paper piecing to create an adorable, embellished cupcake complete with a Dark Chocolate Vintage Button tied with Rustic Cream Twine. Square Nesties were used to cut the scalloped and plain square mats.
Tip: To paper piece two different patterns onto one image, simply stamp the imaged two times, once on each of the chosen patterned papers. Then cut out the separate pieces and adhere them on top of one another. For my patterned paper, I used Pretty Pastels.
If you look back at the close up image of my cupcake, you'll notice some shading. I used the Copic Sketch marker colors below to add a little depth to my cupcake.
Please join me as I hop to the other PTI Designer blogs to see their projects. They are totally drool worthy.

{Sweet Cupcake}
Ink:Dark Chocolate
Other: Copic Markers, Rustic Cream Twine, Dark Chocolate Vintage Button, Square and Scalloped Square Nestabilities, Scallop Dies, Aqua Mist Luxe Satin Ribbon

17 comments:

Eveline said...

I would love to have PTI artwork on my walls and yours looks so sweet and yummy.
Eveline.

Zarah said...

That is just sooo cute! (And you take amazinlgly pretty, inspirational photos of the process too. I love that!)

Unknown said...

Oh gorgeous, gorgeous colour combo! This one's definitely going down for future reference. Thank you!

Sherry L-H said...

Thought it was time I let you know how much I enjoy your blog! I love your inspiration stations, the use of vintage items for storage, etc. I love that you use Lockheart images and PTI, both are favs. of mine. I love when you share recipes too. I always find inspiration here. Please share more recipes, and more photos of your vintage pieces. Also, I appreciate that you share the colors of the Copics that you use on your projects, such a help. I am still getting the hang of the Copics. Oh, and I agree with you about our country, we need to help our own more here on our own soil. I am so sorry your girls will be losing their school.

momto3ms said...

Love this color combo! thanks for the inspiration!

cynthia@devoll.net

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO adorable!! Love the paper pieced cupcake!

Karen said...

Such a sweet piece, frameable for sure. I am glad you used aqua mist because I see you use it a lot and think of you every time I use it. Can't wait for the release.

Judy Cook said...

What a cute card as usual. I just love the way you mixed up the papers. Cute, cute.

Alicia said...

Love this color combo! And of course your card always makes it even more impressive. :)

sharon said...

Your talent is so homey and comforting. I love this stamps et.
Sharon L

Beth said...

AW! So SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Love it Mishie!

Laurel Beard said...

Thank you for such an amazing color combo. I loved all of the colors together! They just work....... Here is the little project I made using your fun colors.
http://laurelbeard.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/new-post-pti-color-challenge/

Melissa Rodgers said...

I absolutley love this paper combo! I just bought Aqua Mist and now I want everything you used! I love your blog and look forward to visiting every day.

liannallama said...

Beautiful! Love your use of the color combo and a perfect card!

Heather said...

I love this Michelle. I wanted to make a card for this challenge and didnt see it until I got home from work and didn't have time. sigh....I just wanted to tell you, you do an awesome job cutting out your stamped images. It looks like it was punched out. I always love to read your blog...and so does my mom. :D

Kierra said...

I absolutly love this card!! It is so darling. I LOVE the colors too.

Katie said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration photos. I need to print these out and stick 'em with my set...once it arrives!

Related Posts with Thumbnails