February 5, 2010

You warm my heart..........

Hi friends, today is a new day. There was a fresh snowfall last night and the world is beautiful around me. It looks like a winter wonderland outside. I have a new project for you today too!

I was so tickled to see this Coffee to Go stamp from Karen Lockhart's new collection. We've been enjoying caramel cappucinos from the local gas stations......hey, they're a lot cheaper than Starbucks and my girls like them because they're sweeter. We love the warm cups and steamy goodness, right down to the last drop. Karen's new Coffee to Go stamp reminds me of our coffee ventures so much. I thought it would be fun to do a little masking with the stamp. I started by stamping the image as usual onto cardstock and then colored it with my Copic markers. Next I used Eclipse Masking Tape to stamp another image.
Then, using fine tip scissors I precisely cut out the part of the image I wanted to mask. No need to cut around the top because I knew I wasn't going to stamp over that part of the image.
Next, I placed the mask carefully over the stamped image. I used a little oval stamp from PTI to stamp over the mask.
Next is the fun part. Peel up the mask to reveal the entire stamped image. Viola! Now you've got a new stamped image that's multi colored and more dimensional looking. Tip: When you're done with the mask, place the mask right on the wood stamp of the same image. It stays in place and you'll always know where it's at.
And here's my Copic colors I used on the coffee cup image.
Have you had your coffee yet today? Doesn't it smell sooooooooooooo good? Enjoy!
P.S. Stay tuned a little later because I have a darling piece of artwork that Jordan did. She's been making so many pieces in fact, this one will be for sale in my Etsy shop. She's very excited to see her artwork on my blog when she gets home from school. I can't wait to show you....coming in a bit.

13 comments:

Nola Taylor said...

Love this little, Coffee to go card. Here on the Western side of WA state, there are coffee stands on every corner, I'm sure. Well it seems so ! Cute idea, thanks for the masking demo.

Patti J said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for the inspiration this morning! We have darkness this a.m. and rain on top of old dirty snow, so it's nice to hear of your winter wonderland!

Sarah O. said...

Regarding yesterday's post...thank you. Your post helped me decide to send a handmade Valentine (is there any other kind??) with pictures of my kids to my 92 year old Grandma for the first time in YEARS. Family stuff...blah, blah, blah, things get said & feelings get hurt and no one wants to budge. I've been softening, but your post reinforced my intuition to do the right thing. I hand sewed her a little felt heart pin to go with the card too. Thanks for the nudge.

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the great tip! You are so creative! I am still apprehensive about those copics...maybe I will come around. :0)

Heather said...

Very cute! I love coffee stamps. I have one from Hero Atrs, and ya know what? I think you inspired me to use it again.
I just wanted to tell you that your daughter's artwork in your Etsy is just darling..my son who is 10 likes to paint, color, and make cards with me. He wants to sell his stuff on Ebay. Your daughter is very talented. Tell her to keep on going with the artwork.. who knows, maybe she can be an artist one day.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

can't wait to see what Jordan made! I'm not a coffee fan, but do love cocoa.

Lori Renn said...

So CuTe! Love the cards and the stamps!

Geny said...

These are such pretty cards Mish! Love that color combo! I also just read your post yesterday and it touched my heart. I am going to get off the computer now and LIVE:)! Thank you for being you Mish, I love ya!

Mary Sara P. said...

Just love this card. Saw this stamp last night and wasn't sure, but you just gave me some inspiration, so I'll have to go pick it up.

Anonymous said...

what shiny element was used over the coffee cup?

Judith said...

These are sooooo cute I love the image, the papers, the colours every thing x

Evelin said...

Yes... I love love love Coffee :) Love the fun card you made. I'm gonna go enjoy my cuppa now.. :P

Sharon said...

Hey Mish - what punch is that you use for your edging? Looks great on everything!

Related Posts with Thumbnails