February 10, 2010

Egg Hunt

Edited for a question: I use Copic Sketch markers to color my images. You can color with the pointy tip and airbrush with the other. My faves.

Welcome to one of the *official* stops on the Papertrey Egg Hunt!

Look closely and you may find
a hidden egg that's one-of-a-kind.
Perhaps there are more than one or maybe even none!
The challenge is yours, enjoy and have fun!

If you are starting out here, make sure that you stop by Nichole's Blog to read about all the details along with the GRAND PRize affiliated with this fun contest!

I hope you are ready for Easter...right after we celebrate Valentine's Day....oh and St. Patrick's Day......because I am in love with what's coming out this month at Papertrey. Easter is another holiday that I love to decorate for and make gifts for family and friends. One of my favorite parts about Easter is the eggs. Colored eggs, deviled eggs....you name it, I love it. I love birds too so I guess the eggs just fit right in with my other decorations.

Pine has really outdone herself with her Easter line up of new products. Everything you need for Easter and Spring themed projects, Pine has thought of it! There's an adorable stamp set....with matching patterned paper....and an egg die to coordinate. Do you know how much how I've longed for an egg punch or die??

I can't wait to see what Pine has up her sleeve for us. I know she's been working hard to set up an Easter Inspiration Station of her own. I am joining in on the fun too. Today I have a sneak peek of some of my Easter decor that has inspired my color theme for Easter this year. Stay tuned next week when I show you the rest of my Easter Inspiration Station.

These are some paper covered eggs that I picked up at a craft store....I can't remember where I got them though. I love all the mixy matchy colors.
And here's a more natural colored egg wreath, sporting speckled hues of greens and yellows and creamy whites. I love the vintage Easter prints too like the little Easter chicks shown below.
I couldn't wait to create some eggy goodness of my own using Pine's new product lines. Starting with the egg die, I cut out lots and lots of eggs from the coordinating Egg Hunt patterned paper. Using a small flower from the Egg Hunt set, I stamped and punched some circles with a 1/2" circle punch. I used clear epoxy stickers over the tops to create some fun doo dad accents.
Then it was all about layering on ribbon, doo dads and tied buttons to decorate my die cut eggs. To apply glitter to my eggs, I used thin strips of Scor-Tape then dipped the egg into my glitter bowl. For the chunky glitter like what's on the vintage Easter chick hanging in my inspiration photo, I used more Scor-Tape and Martha Stewart's Snow Glitter. Sweetness indeed!!
For my very first Easter project of the season, I created a notepad using all my fun elements. The papers, the eggs, the buttons....the fun sentiments....they all come together for some egg-cellent gifts. :) I used Kraft cardstock the notepad and matching tag. This year, I'm sending out notepads instead of cards. All of my friends and family loooove the notepads.
Here's a closeup of the top of the notepad with the decorated egg. And look at those fresh fonts Pine chose for the Egg Hunt set...adorable!
To make a simple gift wrap for my notepads, I love to use the large glassine bags from Papertrey. I created a coordinating tag using Pine's first Fillable Frame #1 die cut and coordinating stamp set. Is this girl on a roll or what?
Look how cute that little ticket tag is. I simply love the fact that Papertrey will now have dies that coordinate with stamps. Remember, you cut the die first then stamp on the image. The dies are not see through so you will not be able to center stamped images with perfection. But all Papertrey stamps are clear so stamping on the cut die will be a breeze. So easy peasy. And the dies cut like butter. BUTTER I tell you. I might need an egg cutting intervention before Easter even gets here.
Hey guess what? It's Group Post Day at Papertrey which means you get to see even more fun Easter goodness. Be sure to check the other PTI Designers' blogs to see what they've got crackin':

Nichole Heady
Heather Nichols
Lisa Johnson
Betsy Veldman
Debbie Olson
Dawn McVey
Kim Hughes
Niki Estes
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Maile Belles

{Egg Hunt Notepad}

Stamps: Egg Hunt, Fillable Frames #1
Ink: Fresh Snow, True Black
Cardstock: Kraft, Egg Hunt
Other: White Notepad, Vintage Buttons, Rustic Cream Twine, Large Glassine Bag, Epoxy Dome Stickers, Rhinestones, Fillable Frames #1 Die Cut, Lavender Moon Topnotch Twill

28 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

I love what I saw of your Easter Inspiration Station! You know how to get us into whatever holiday is upcoming! Love your tag and notepad cover!

patriciad said...

Hi Mish - Easter is my favorite holiday. Yep, love it even more than Thanksgiving or Christmas and is the one holiday I insist on having at my house. I can't wait to break out the Spring decorations and fool myself into thinking warm weather and flowers are right around the corner.

Loving Heather's papers. That girl is a whiz kid, eh? And in combination with the magic you can do with the goods, well, seriously, it's all just too perfect. Ohhhhhhhh boy, I can't wait to get some of these goodies on the 15th.

Unknown said...

Wow, amazing project. I love how you show your process - it's very interesting and inspiring!

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, FUN! Love your project today - as I always do, Mish! Love your style!!

Heather said...

Love it! I so can not wait until release day. YOu all sure do know how to lure us in. :D
I told my husband I wanted PTI stuff for Valentines. Funny ha?

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute notepad!

Cassie_lu said...

what can I say but cute, cute, cute. your embellies are amazing and the overall look is so cute and homey

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I always love coming to your blog for inspiration. Love the notepad for spring! And can I tell you how much I love that photo of the eggs?! What a great color challenge idea.

Sonia said...

I absolutely love your stuff! Your ideas are soo amazing...great release!

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful!! I love that Easter means spring and no more WINTER WEATHER!!! I love your projects and I am so excited for this PTI countdown!!

jan metcalf said...

Great use of the glassine bags!

Charlette Finley said...

Love your project for the Egg Hunt!
The notepads are just a great little gift for someone. You design them so cute. Visiting your blog everyday has me hooked on PT. Cannot wait for the new goodies.
Which Copic markers do you use? I am driving in a buying the sets. So if you would help me with this I would appreciate it.
cffjewels@aol.com

Rhonda Miller said...

wow, great job. I love your project. TFS.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Fabulous projects, Mish! Love all that glittery goodness. :)

Michele said...

Really great ideas! Love the colors, too...thank you! :)

Eveline said...

Lovely as usual.
Eveline.

Tina H said...

As always your projects are amazing. I want to get started on my own projects as soon as I look at yours - so inspiring!

Nancy L. said...

adorable and o so cute!!!!

Rubie said...

I love the notepad! Clever idea!

scrapfancy said...

Cute Cute Cute as always-we know you will be making Easter set for Etsy Shop or the girls will be going nuts!!!!!LOL

Mindy said...

As always love your project! I just can't jump that fast into a new holiday! Wish I could but I am just such a seasonal person.

Tonya said...

GREAT project, Mish! Love your embellies, they are sooo cute!

Juanita B said...

Eggsquisite, what a wonderful idea!! I've been filling a "just because" basket for a dear friend and this is definitely an item I will be including. TFS.

Princess Danell said...

I am loving everything...coordinating paper, dies, stamps, dye and buttons. You guys are BRILLIANT. And who doesn't love the notepads? Everyone I make them for loves them. In fact, I should probably send you royalties or some for of compensation. Cheers!

airing cupboard crafts said...

your cards are simply beautiful xx

kathypa said...

Nice work. Love the new sets.

Anonymous said...

Always love your inspiration, beautiful projects!

Pammejo said...

Lovely tag and notepad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails