February 21, 2010

Papertrey Luck of the Irish

St. Patrick's Day definitely makes me think green. Nichole's new Papertrey set called Luck of the Irish was a requested set to fill some stamping needs. I think she did a great job and it will be fun to send some cards out this year. The cards you'll see today were in my PTI gallery on release night but I wanted to show you my process for making them.


I started by gathering up some green goodness. Lots of Vintage Buttons with some Aqua Mist thrown in........
Various shades of green ribbons..........
And a sampling of Spring Moss and Aqua Mist patterned papers.......
I created my cards using the same method that I used for my Valentine bookmarks shown in this post. I cut strips of patterned papers from Pretty Pastels and the Everyday Blessings collection, and ribbons that would fit onto card fronts.
Next, I adhered the papers and ribbon strips using adhesive and Scor-Tape for the ribbon. When everything is in place, turn the cards over and trim with scissors. Now I'm ready to decorate the card fronts.
I used punched shapes from the Luck of the Irish stamp set along with a sentiment, tied Vintage Buttons and circles that I punched from old ledger sheets I got at an auction. The ledger sheets had the word *rating* on them so I punched out that word and added *#1* using Simple Alphabet.
Lots of fun details for some fun St. Patrick's Day cards this year.
Enjoy!!

12 comments:

Mary J said...

As usual, Michelle, gorgeous cards!

Pam W said...

Such a fun card! I am soooo going to give this technique a try. If it looks half as good as yours, I will be pleased. Thanks for the inspiration!

Eveline said...

Such a great way to make a background. The result is great.
Eveline.

Kristy Hansenwi said...

I love looking at your website. I love how you gather your collections. right there in front of you-all the shades of color. It must give you great inspiration! kh

Heather said...

These are awesome. I love the different widths of paper and ribbon. Great as usual, girl! :D

Stempeltiger said...

WOW! Such stunning cards!!!
I love the papers, the ribbon and the buttons.
Lots of hugs
Swantje

Carol M said...

Always love your work, just noticed your new blog header...love, love, love it!!!!

Melissa said...

Super cute Mishie....love them, love them.
Melis

Denise said...

Oh Mish love the new blog header! and of course your cards are super too...so clever girly :) Love from Denise in Oz

Deirdre said...

Mish, you've changed your mast head, thought I was in the wrong place first! Just love your St. Patrick's Day ideas. Makes me look at doing mine this year in a whole different way.

Jeanne said...

I love ;your style!!!!!! Such a great idea. Wonderful way to use some of the extra strips of paper.

carolyn peeler said...

I love these cards. Very cute and great design.

Related Posts with Thumbnails