February 3, 2010

Red, White and Cream

Melissa Phillips has more inspiration for us today from A Creative Mint. Look at this photo below, isn't it divine? I love all of the vintage buttons, twine, clothespins, labels and old letters. Very inspiring, indeed.I knew I had a lot of red, white and cream goodness in my collections, so I decided to gather all my goodies into one spot. There's Papertrey ribbons, vintage ribbons, vintage buttons, glitter, twine, old sheet music, paper doilies, ric racs and more.I decided to use some tags to make Valentines that will be inserted into Papertrey medium glassine bags. First, I distressed all my tags and a sheet of PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock with Ranger Distress ink in Antique Linen and my handy dandy brayer.
Next, I picked out a bunch of punches and a bunch of Papertrey stamps. I stamped the images onto my distress cardstock with Pure Poppy ink and punched them out with various punches.
I also distressed some heart paper doilies I found at Walmart in the Valentine aisle. I punched out circles from the doilies. Love that!
After I had all my stamped images punched out, I arranged them and then adhered them to my distress tag. There is no overlapping of the punched images on the tag. Instead I let those pieces hang over the edge of the tag and then I trimmed them off with scissors. Cool, yes?
Then I dug into my stash of PTi Vintage Buttons and found these neglected buttons that were somewhat bulky for a card and had shanks on the back. Voila...perfecto for my tags, just what I was looking for. To get the buttons on the tag, I threaded PTI Pure Poppy Luxe Satin ribbon through the buttons, brought the ends to the front, wrapped around the button and tied a ribbon.
And here are my beautiful tags. Oh how I love them, let me count the ways. Zoom in to get a better look at the details.
Oh, I also tied some red and white baker's twine from Martha Stewart around the buttons, so pretty. I love that stuff!
I slapped on some chipboard heart stickers that were leftover from a sheet of K & Company stickers onto my glassine bags. The tags slip right in. Source of tags is unknown, they were loose in my stash. I'm planning on tucking in some chocolate bars behind the tags and mailing these off to some special gals.
Now. You have to check this out. I didn't notice this until I was sewing on the buttons, I swear. It wasn't planned. Two of the hearts I punched from the sheet music have some interesting phrases that totally suit me....*Dance of the Butt* and *Clown Pranks*. What a hoot that was when I saw those on my tags!
Well, that's it for today. I must make a dent in a big project list. Hope you're enjoying the Papertrey festivities. And thanks for the challenge Melissa! Be sure to visit her blog, I think a few more PTI girls are playing along with her challenge.

Note: Some of the stamps I used from Papertrey are Giga Guidelines, TAke Note, Simple Valentine, Say It With Style, and Borders and Corners Circles.

31 comments:

Debbie said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!! I'll have to give this little challenge a try too! TFS :)

leslie said...

OH MY!!! Those tags are AMAZING!!! I am beyond inspired and feel so honored that my photo could inspire such creativity. Thank you for sharing your work.

Gabriela said...

Your Valentines just ran away with my heart. I won't tell if you don't. Now about those cute little round wodden clothespins.... where ever do you find them?

Eveline said...

What great looking tags. You're a real genius.
Eveline.

Nerina said...

These are amazing! I'm always amazed at how many elements and patterns you are able to put together - gorgeous to look at and SO inspiring! Thank you!

Princess Danell said...

Baaah! Dance of the Butt! That's hilarious! I hope you send those to someone with a sense of humor who will appreciate it. Enjoying the anniversary celebration. Keep in coming!!!!

Jenny said...

Ya i love the inspiration from Creative Mint... cant wait to use it too. Cute! :)

patriciad said...

Dance of the Butt - now that's good stuff. Oh yeah, your project is adorable too. ;-)

Lindsay said...

(picking jaw up from floor) You never cease to inspire me! Go girl

nancy said...

I love how you pull all your little bits of goodness together into one inspired creation of goodness. You are so talented, Mish.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Too darling Mish. I might do something like this for teacher treats for our teacher appreciation lunch next week.

Staci Lynch said...

TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!! I just L-O-V-E you! I swear each time I come to your site...which is usually many times a day I am just amazed and sound yippeee! LOVE THEM!!

Diane said...

These are so gorgeous...I LOVE them...you are so dang creative....everytime I visit here (which is lots) I get so inspired!!!

Karen said...

Those tags are fabulous. Where do all these ideas come from? I think you are the most creative person I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said...

what a lucky gal to be receiving one of those little creations. ~J~

Unknown said...

Dance of the Butt?! Clown Pranks?! Too hilarious - you can't make that up. Gorgeous tags too.

Melissa said...

Ohhhhh...these are so yummy and sweet...perfect, adorable little Valentine bundles Mish. Thanks so much for playing along.
Melis

Isabel Z said...

Whenever I read one of your posts I want to head to your house and create with you. You are so talented and I just love your style. It makes me happy:-) Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful works of art with us.

VAKAnomi said...

so cute tags...I love these...You are such a good designer..:D

Take care
Mirja

DeeDee said...

Super cute. Wonder what dance of the butt is like. ;)

Sharnee Torrents said...

WOW!!! Can I have one???? these are sooo stunning, the elegance and vintageness and well, i'm speachless!! completely amazing!!!
Smiles SHarnee :0)

BradysMAW said...

I LOVE THIS...dropping by for the 1st time to your blog...won't be my last time...thanks so much for sharing details!

jaymack said...

You just come up with the best ideas. I was at WalMart yesterday looking for baking cups and the heart doilies were right next to them and I thought I have no plans for these but I need them. Now I have a plan. Thanks

Creative Momma said...

Beatiful beautiful beautiful...as always...
hugs
marina

smahrty said...

This project is so cool! I love the idea to use up bulky buttons with shanks on them. I have seveal pearl pink ones that would be perfect and cant wait to get started. too bad I dont have anything as "classy" as your butt dance! wink, wink--teehee!

Tonya said...

Mish, you give me soooo much inspiration! LOVE these tags and how you put them together. I even zoomed in on one picture and read "Dance of the Butt" but I was thinking the whole thing, you know, butterfly. So when you pointed it out I laughed out LOUD! Oh, and if you have an extra tag I'll take it! Hee! Thanks for sharing your stuff with us!

scrapping4twins said...

Really cute - the first thing I noticed with the heart dollies is that they look like an "owl face" - so cute!

Anonymous said...

another beautiful creation! i like looking @ all the interpretations from a picture or color scheme! thanks for sharing!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

when i see a new post from you on my google reader I almost scream with excitement....i love everything you do

Bellawhoop said...

These are so cute! I got a good chuckle when I zoomed in and saw "Dance of the Butt" on one of your punched hearts! LOL Did you happen to plan that? Sounds like a fun dance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails