February 19, 2010

Crafty Sewing Card

Hi friends. Today is the 19th which means it's my Personal Day....from my 12 Days of Me concept. However, I've been ill so I'm going to postpone my personal day post until I'm feeling a bit better.

But I do feel good enough to sit in my big green comfy chair and blog. So today I have a crafty card to show you using supplies from my Sewing Kit I featured a few days ago. The kits are now sold out in my Etsy shop...so if you got a kit, here's a fun sample for you....and if you didn't get a kit, you can still recreate this card using images from Papertrey's Quilter' Sampler and Fillable Frames #1.
I love creations like this because it looks like all my goodies were just dropped onto the card and then adhered into place. There's a lot going on but it all seems to work . I think the crafty sewing them helps because as crafters we know that a lot of *stuff* is good, even on a card like this.

For the scissors image, I stamped the image onto patterned paper from Pretty Pastels and then colored it with Copic markers. I also used the frame image from Fillable Frames #1 and then die cut the images using the coordinating Fillable Frames #1 die cut (it will be back in stock soon). I added glitter to the scissors and it also stuck to the ink on the frame....extra glitterfication is good.

The circle doodad (you got on in your Sewing Kit if you ordered one) was made by punch a 1-3/4" piece of vintage textbook paper, then layering with die cut sewing patterns circles, then a flower punched piece of textbook paper then a Sweet Blush Vintage Button.

Background papers are from Amy Butler..many of her fabulous fabric designs have been turned into patterned paper so I thought it was fitting for the Sewing Kit. For the ribbons, Spring Moss Saddle Stitched ribbon was tied with a pink ruler themed ribbon (source unknown, it's been in my stash for a while now). The sentiment is from Quilter's Sampler.

Ohhh, I almost forgot about the button stick pin. To create my stick pin, I used quilter's pins which have a flat, plastic top. I simple adhered a button to that flat top and then used it as a stick pin through the ribbon on the card. I'll be making more of those for sure. You can see them in my sewing kit post where they were presented in a pink piece of felt that was die cut with the Fillable Frames #1 die.
Ahhh, such a dreamy little creation. I hope you find time to get crafty this weekend!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Love the sewing pattern flower & that sweet button stick pin! :> Quite cute! I hope you feel better soon! :>

Andrea said...

I hope you have a wonderful Day of YOU - whether it's today or another day when you're feeling better. You are so inspiring!!!

MaGoooo said...

Mish I really LOVE how you used an old pattern on the flower

patriciad said...

Bummer that you're feeling crummy on your "me" day. What's that all about?? That pink ruler ribbon is just too perfect for this card. Soooo darn cute. Feel better. No crafting for me this weekend. Boo. Getting ready to head out to Aspen for a firm/client ski trip (no, I don't get to ski, I get to run the show--ohhhh, give me strength!!!) I'm trying to figure out what I can take with me to work on - maybe some stamped images I can color in my down time to relax after a day of trying to make everyone feel like they're top dog. Wish me luck - I'll need it!!

Mary said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I love all those "doodads" you make! Cute sewing card!
Mary

mamajulie said...

Feel better, Mish.

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a cute star! I lOve all the embellishments! Thanks for the inspiration... I can't wait to try something out like this!

Karey said...

Really cute card.
Feel better!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Glitterfercation..........right up my alley!

Fabulous artsy card!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

gayla.odell said...

I love all the doodads. The button stick pin is adorable and I feel the need to make some for ME coming real soon. Thanks for all you share.
Gayla O'Dell
www.megastampinstudio.com

Sue McGettigan said...

OH how I love this card! All the sewing ephemera, I have those flat topped pins, love the idea of using them to make custom button pins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails