February 22, 2010

Butterfly Parcel Kit

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. I spent Saturday night home alone......just me, some snacks, a good pay per view movie (Couple's Retreat) and my stamps. I kept my supplies pretty simple........Papertrey's Butterfly Dreams, Fillable Frames #1 and the matching dies. I did add in some border sets and punches too. Colors were Dark Chocolate and the Vintage Ink Duo cubes. Butterflies were definitely the theme. Once my movie started, I stamped.....and stamped some more.......I couldn't quit stamping. So...I watched the movie twice and kept on stamping.
And then I got out the new PTI dies. You can cut through at least 4 sheets of old text book pages with one cute. Like butter.
Then I decided to make up a few kits with my butterfly doodads. I love the one that uses images from the Take Note set...the pointy finger with the resting butterfly. And the square one with the loopy square border from Borders and Corners: Squares....so botanical looking.
I paired all the goodies up with some die cut scallop borders, a few Vintage Buttons, some ribbon and a few other goodies. All this is in the Butterfly Parcel kit that will be up in my shop later this morning.
Wanna see my favorite part about the kit? It's not the kit contents at all, it's the packaging. I had all these leftover scraps from my die cut images......
I used the negative cut butterfly images as tags for the Butterfly Parcel kits. Signed my name and attached to the glassine bags with some old string I got at a garage sale. The tags are tied on with PTI's new silk ribbon. Not trimmed neatly or anything. Recycle and reuse.....it's a great thing.
The Butterfly Parcel kits are very limited in quantity and I won't have more anytime soon. Get 'em while they last, friends. :) Have a great day everyone!!

17 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Such cute kits! love 'em!

Anonymous said...

wow these are just too cute!Im just sorry I didnt get one maybe next time. thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Absolutely darling. You made such great use of your time. I marvel at how well you can "mass" produce so many charming details for embellishments. So often, I make one or two...I need to rethink and do what you do. Terrific kits!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Mish, I think this is your best kit yet!!! Fabulous! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Tracie Behan said...

These are super cute!!! I just never get here in time to get one of your cute kits...:)) Smeday soon hopefully!

Katie Skiff said...

Boo I missed these kits! I don't have anything like these, so I was hoping. Very cute!! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Wasn't Couple's Retreat SO good?? :) Micheal and I watched it on V-Day. Love the kits! I am not much of a butterfly person but I think you DT girls are converting me.. Kinda like Pine and her owls! ;)

LISACPARSONS said...

Cute kits!!! We watched Couples Retreat last night and laughed soooo hard!!!! Great movie!

pnkgeeni said...

They look so beautiful!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

So darn cute. You make the cutest embellies!

Linda said...

So, all I have to do is use the pages from an old book huh? Great idea. I'd love to find some old sheet music. I think I'll make a trip to the thrift store this week. Thanks for the inspriation. As usual, your cards are darling.

Lisa F. said...

LOVE these Mish!!! Thank you for your inspiration!!

Deirdre said...

Oh Mish,

Butterflies are my thing and I just love the colours you used, again my thing... notice a pattern here? You're singing my song and I can't even join in!

Thanks for sharing though....

Jenn Copeland said...

VERY cool!

Unknown said...

Soooo Pretttttyyy! Love that color scheme with the butterflies - very vintage! Love it!!!

Lynn said...

Adorable...I was so inspired by this kit. Too slow to order one so I got out similiar stamps, brown and tan ink and stamped away. I made a ton of mini notecards. I never would have thought of using the brown ink with the butterlies and the "take note" stamps, you're right, very botanical and vintage-y, which I love! Thanks so much for sharing your ieas with us!!!

mamajulie said...

I would order a kit if you made more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails