February 12, 2010

Studio Style Card Kit

Welcome back to the Papertrey festivities. Are you making your wish list and checking it twice? What a fun month for Papertrey and all you wonderful customers!

Dawn McVey has a fun set coming out this month called Studio Style. If you love to send cards to your crafting buddies, this set is for you! There's nothing more fun than stamping with a friend. So today I have a fun card kit to show you...the idea is to invite your friend over for some stamping fun. The *Let's get together for some crafting!* sentiment is perfect for making an invitation.
Then listen to your friend scream from miles away when he (for Ted) or she opens this adorable card kit. It's jam packed full of handmade doo dads, ribbon, buttons and patterned paper.....enough to create two cards, gift bags, etc. All you have to do is add some cardstock and basic supplies and your crafting day will start off with a bang!

Here's a fun idea: Send a card kit to each of your crafting friends that are coming over to stamp. Tell them to bring their card kit along with their other supplies. Then, start the session off with making some cards, etc using supplies from the card kit. You can do a show and tell at the end of your stamping day.
The card kit is composed of two A1 envelopes that are joined together with the flaps to create a folded card with pockets on the inside. The doodads which I colored with Copic Sketch markers, ribbon and buttons are attached to clear cardstock with glue dots. The clear sheet is then topped off with some Egg Hunt patterned paper and then stapled to the envelope.
Here's a shot of the envelopes. I created about a 1/4" spine so that the card kit would not spring open from the bulk of the doodads on the clear sheet.
So. Who's inviting me over to stamp? I have a nice little batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles just waiting to be devoured. I can make a mean margarita too. Chocolate and lime make a good combination. Me + You stamping. Good times.

Speaking of good times, be sure to check Nichole's blog for the ongoing Papertrey par-tay.

Oh, and looky here....Nichole is also debuting another new set today called Flowers of the Year: Violets. There's a fun contest involved with one of my favorite themes....handmade embellishments...or doodads as I call them. Here's a sneak peek of my doodads that I made with the violets set. Stay tuned for my full post coming soon.

{Studio Style Card Kit}
Stamps: Studio Style, Fillable Frames #1
Ink: True Black
Cardstock: Egg Hunt Patterned Paper, Creatively Clear Cardstock
Other: A1 Envelopes, Vintage Buttons, Rustic Cream Twine, Fillable Frames #1 Die Cut, Ribbon, Silk Ribbon, Stick Pin, Glue Dots, Copic Sketch Markers, Tim Holtz Stapler, Fiskars Border Punch

26 comments:

Geny said...

Very fun project today Mish and I can't wait to see your embellies, they look beautiful!

Mary J said...

This is a really fab idea! I love the colour combination - very feminine. Thx for sharing!

kreativeimagination said...

This is an amazing project! I am loving the violets and the studio style stamps sets.

cra3y said...

great idea! i like it!

Melissa said...

This might be the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I would definitely scream if someone sent this to me! Love your style and humor...and I'd love a margartita too!

Pam K said...

I host the party! You bring the cookies and drinks and I’ll supply the rest! How fun would that be! Love the cards! Very fun! Pam

Diane Jaquay said...

Brilliant!!! What a super FUN idea Mish, and who WOULDN'T want to stamp with you (margarita and chocolate in hand lol!)

Kendra said...

Beautiful job girly ~ I love your little doo-dads!

Barb M. said...

This is awesome - I love it!

momto3ms said...

Love the project and love the idea of making cards together! Can't wait to see more doo dads!

Thanks for sharing!

myglitterplace.blogspot.com

Carol's Ink Spot said...

You're Invited! Bring the family and we will have a party with some PTI friends that live out here. What a great project idea! I have my sister in mind who lives way far away but would love to receive something like this! Thanks for the inspiration.

wanda50 said...

Mish,
Girlfriend...You ladies are too much. You guys never cease to amaze me and my friends. I love this idea. The wheels are spinning in my head. Just when I think I have a plan for our beach trip coming together...BAM....you ladies hit me with another wonderful idea. Your project is amazing and I definitely will put it in my book of creations & inspirations. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what else is in store for all of us. Be abundantly blessed!!!

Wendi said...

Oh wow! You are full of darling ideas today. Great way to start a crafting weekend. Thank you for sharing and thank you too for the Copic getting started ideas. I'm off to support my local stamp store! Yipppeeee!

Karen said...

You can come stamp at my place anytime. It might take some doing to get together since I am in Oregon. Even so, the welcome mat is always out. I am always amazed at your ideas. I have 2 friends that i stamp with every month or two. We are going to have a Mishie style stamping day. Thanks for the fabulous idea.

Heather said...

Girl! What would I do without you? I love the envelope idea. I am so using that for my challenge on Nicole's blog. I will make sure to give you credit and link it to your post so everyone can see how genius you are. Thanks so much for being a great inspiration. YOU ROCK!

Linzy said...

Hey Mish, I live in Topeka! :) Just tell me what time to be over... :) Evey time I stop in at Scrapbooks Etc. I hope to see you but so far, no such luck...

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

LOVE those embellies!

Please check out my blog candy and NEW color combo challenge at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Heather said...

Hey again. I made my little envelope package from your genius idea. If you want to stop by and take a look.

Kathy McDonald said...

Consider yourself invited! You have a standing invitation! CUTE embellishments, Mish. I can't wait to get these new stamp sets.

patriciad said...

Too darn cute for words! I love the idea of putting one of those cute lil doo dad sets together and sending it to my crafy friends. Ohhhh, would they ever be blown away!! We have a weekend get away coming up the end of April. Hmmm, I'm sure I could get enough of these made up by then. Maybe I'll try to beat everyone to the house we're renting and leave a kit on everyone's pillow. Oh yeah, that's it, by golly!! Thanks again for the fab idea. You are a rock star!

Christiana said...

That is such a fantastic idea! Love it. And the use of the two envelopes is pure brilliance. Love your color scheme too.

patriciad said...

ps...see how you are? I would have never thought of that idea on my own, but you give me just the little extra push I need to start the creative juices flowing. I'm a follower, not a leader, but I follow good ;-) YOU, my friend, are the leader of the pack!!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the color combo and the cute way you attached the acetate to your card!

Julie Sokolowski said...

You can come play with me anytime! I live in a suburb of Des Moines so next time your in the neighborhood, look me up (I'll be the one under 54 feet of snow, LOL). I love all of your ideas and your blog is the first one I check everyday.

Princess Danell said...

Bahaa! I am sure Ted enjoyed the shout out. I sure did! Another fun idea. Looking forward to the violet stamp post. Yippee!

Mary Sara P. said...

I'd love to stamp with you any time, Michelle. Love the colors that you used in this card, so fresh and fun.

BTW, I love your blog and it's on my daily check out list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails