February 28, 2010

Spring is in the air...

Yay, it's March! That means it's time to creating Easter cards and goodies. I love this time of year. It's also time for the Papertrey Senior Design Team Challenge. Nichole asked the designers to create a fresh and fun Spring time project.

I chose to create some dimensional Easter cards using products from last month's release and goodies from my Spring/Easter Inspiration Station. There's a lot of fun details on my cards so be sure to zoom in for close up shots.
I created these egg doodads some time ago using papers from the Egg Hunt patterned paper collection, the egg die, tied Vintage Buttons, punched circles with clear, epoxy circles on top, glitter, and ribbon. It's so fun to just die cut a bunch of eggs and then add little embellishments to fancy them up. It's just as much fun as coloring real eggs! I nestled the egg doodads in some pastel Easter grass, using my tape runner to adhere the grass to my card front and pop dots to adhere the eggs to the grass.
For the bottom of my card, I used the cutest sentiment ever from Pine's Egg Hunt set. I then created some fun patterned paper using various ink colors and Pine's Tin Type background set. Zoom in to check it out further. A piece of patterned paper from Pretty Pastels finishes off the bottom of the card. Card base is Kraft cardstock, inked with Fresh Snow ink. A fluffy Aqua Mist Luxe Satin ribbon finishes off the card.
Ahhh, a nice little start to my Easter card stash. I love to see the little piles grow.
I hope I've inspired you to create some Spring time goodies. Or maybe try your hand at some egg doodads. I'm thinking I need to make a scrapbook page with my doodads lined up along the bottom, tucked into some Easter grass. Wouldn't that be cute??

Know what else is cute? All the creations that other Senior girls have created. Kelly Purkey, our guest designer, is playing along too. Enjoy the hoppin..........blog hoppin that is. :)

Nichole Heady
Heather Nichols
Lisa Johnson
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Kelly Purkey

{Eggs in Easter Grass Card}
Stamps: Egg Hunt, Background Basics: Tin Type
Ink: True Black, Lavender Moon, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow
Paper: Egg Hunt, Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Egg Hunt patterned paper, Pretty Pastels patterned paper
Other: Luxe Satin Aqua Mist ribbon, Epoxy Dome Sticker, Egg Die, Vintage Buttons, corner rounder, Easter Grass, pop dots, embroidery floss

25 comments:

Taheerah said...

So fun and cute Mish! I'm really starting to think I need to add Egg Hunt, the die and the paper to my stash!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So soft and lovely, I love the 2 cards. Very nice detail. Thank you

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Mish, so many fabulous, creative, details on these cards! Love how you mixed the Tin Types patterns, gotta try that!

Heidi said...

Feels like spring with these cards! they are so pretty! The grass is a great touch and I love the paper you created with Tin Types!

Laura said...

What fun cards! I love the addition of the pastel Easter grass. :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Very cute Mish! Love the different tin types patterns and that grass peeking out is an adorable detail. The colours you used definitely sing Easter!

Michele Gross said...

I LOVE the Easter basket grass! How clever!!!

Debbie Olson said...

These are darling, Mish!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

SO CUTE! Love the spring colors. They are so inviting. It looks like I am going to have to place an order for the Tin Types because I love how you used them!

NatQuebec said...

What nice cards and little eggs !!

Kookie said...

If these don't stay SPRING I don't know what will! So cute, love the grass behind the eggs.

Anonymous said...

How cute are these? They look just like an Easter basket. Very clever. Beautiful colors. Very spring like. Thank you.

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet way to convey SPRING! Love your egg doodads, Mish...so adorable :o!

ebonee butler said...

love the colors mish

Elizabeth S. said...

Such fun cards!! I love how you attached grass behind the eggs.

patriciad said...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...this is the cutest card ever. Yes, I said it again. And will continue to say over and over ;-) I love the addition of the easter grass. Why the h-e-double hockey sticks can I not come up with a cute idea like that on my own? Thank goodness I have you to copy from is all I have to say!!

Mellie said...

mishie your never-ending talent never ceases to amaze me. these are gorgeous!!! love ya!
Mel

amber said...

oh, those are so fun! and i love, love, love the easter grass...you are so stinkin' creative...it's just fabulous!

Karen said...

These cards scream spring. Love the colors, eggs, the fun Easter grass, and the sweet saying. Great cards.

Anonymous said...

I always love your cards. This one is a winner. What a pretty color combination.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till those dies come in. Your cards are so unbelievely cute!! I love them!!! I love the details in them. Spring is here but when you have those cards around, spring can be here all year round!!

Rachel A.

Karen C said...

I am so inspired! Your cards are truly the cutest things!

Kierra said...

so cute!! so creative to use the egg grass on the card! great idea!! I also LOVE the ribbon you used and the easter eggs are oh so pretty ^-^

Sharon said...

Absolutely DIVINE! Love these. WOW!

Vicki Bray said...

Simple wonderful! These are so sweet looking! I think I'm going to go create! Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails