October 27, 2010

Beautiful rose card...

Some days you just need to sit and color. It makes you feel artsy. Good for the creative soul. This card is for my mom. After having surgery, she deserves a beautiful get well card. For my beautiful colored rose, I used Papertrey's Year of Flowers: Roses stamp set. Such a beautifully illustrated flower.
The papers on my card today are from Cosmo Cricket's new Circa 1934 collection. Even more beautiful in person. Note: I got my box of Cosmo goodies this week and am drooling over every single item. Can't wait to share my creations with you next month as I take on the Guest Designer spot for November. :)

For my flower, I stamped the image onto some red grid paper from the Circa 1934 line. I love the unexpected graphic feel it gives to flower image. To color in the image, I used Copic markers in these colors:R02, R20, R24 and RV29. Coloring images like this is so gratifying to me. It takes a little time but oh so worth it.
I cut the colored image out, glittered it up and adhered it to my embellished Large Manila Parcel Tag with pop dots. The suede-like leaves were stamped with the rose leaf image from Year of Flower: Roses. To finish off the card, I tied ribbon around the card front, adding a Vintage Button tied with black string.
Since my card was so dimensional I packaged it up in a Brown Paper Sack embellished with a distressed Dainty Doily.
The center of the doily was a perfect place to add some cardstock stickers from the Cosmo Circa 1934 collection. I personalized the sack by creating a simple tag using a Small Manila Parcel Tag and a leftover snippet of a sticker.
Such a pretty little ensemble....I know my mom will keep it out front and center so she can see it all the time. She just loves my homemade cards.

A challenge for you: Have you sent out any cards lately? How about sending out 5 cards this week. I'll list my five people who I want to send cards to. Feel free to share your list in the comments. It feels so good to send out cards to loved ones.....and even better to be on the receiving end. You're guaranteed to make someones day. And this will give you a reason to get crafty. Writing down a list really helps to keep your card making sessions organized.

Here's my list of five people I need to send cards to this week:
1. Thinking of you card for my friend Missi who lost her sister recently
2. Sympathy card for the family of my high school principal
3. Congrats card to my single mom niece who got a great job
4. Thinking of you card for a high school teacher who has cancer
5. Card with photos of the girls for Cousin Myrtle who is 101

26 comments:

Debbie R. said...

Such a pretty card! That new Cosmo Cricket paper looks great, can't wait to see some more of your cards using it. This week I sent 7 Halloween cards, one baby and one pastor appreciation card. I made 8 of them!

anya said...

This is a beautiful card, Mish.. love all the details. I think your card challenge is a great idea. Its one thing to sit back and say 'Boy, I should send more cards' but something else to actually put names on paper. We all have someone that could use a card for one reason or another! Thanks for the push.

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful card!

I've actually sent out quite a few handmade cards this week already. Let's see...7 Halloween cards, 1 congrats card, 3 cards donated to U of Tx M.D. Anderson for cancer patients and families, 9 cards donated to Operation Write Home.

noomiy said...

Amazing! It inspire me so much! :)

Janine said...

How funny you mentioned sending out cards!! I was just on my way to do that very thing!! I have a new stamp for fall that I wanted to try and was planning to send some cards out for fall. I also need to make a get well card. So off I go to do that very thing!!! :-)

Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie said...

beautiful card for your mom! i can't wait to get my hands on that new CC paper myself!!

cards to send:
1. Halloween card to my 2 nieces
2. Thinking of you to a dear friend
3. Sympathy card to a friend
4. Sending Prayers to a family from church
5. 3 cards for ladies dealing with breast cancer surgeries this week

Anonymous said...

Great challenge Mish!
1 pink card for my aunt who is so blessed to be an official "survivor"
4 cards for teachers
1 card for my mom who is so supportive of me and my 3 boys!
1 to my sister who is feeling a wee bit down....
Great challenge!
Zavi

June K said...

Beautiful card. I love your coloring.

I sent 9 Halloween cards out this morning but I have been meaning to send out some "thinking of you" or "just because" cards to my friends for no reason or occasion with a note. Thanks for inspiring me that I not only need to "think" about it but actually do it.

Have a good day, Mish.

**June**

Amy Pitts said...

Very pretty - I like the coloring on the patterned paper.

I just sent out four cards last week and was so proud of myself.

1 - thinking of you to a freind who lost her mom last year
2 - sympathy/thinking of you card to a freind who lost her mom a few months ago
3 - Happy Fall (using your Freindship Jar set actually) to a friend who just needed to be lifted up
4 - Happy Fall - friend who moved away and needed some happy mail.

I like to make a list too as it feels good to see those cards go into the mail. Sad to say sometimes the list just grows longer and longer. Gotta mail the cards too!

Connie Pruitt said...

I have been sending fall and halloween cards lately. People love recieveing cards. Theres nothing like getting a card in the mail. Thanks for all your inspiration.

Suzanne Klein said...

What a great idea and great way for me to use up some of theses papers that I never like to use. This week I am making birthday invites for my daughter, A birthday for mom and can not forget Halloweeen treat bags and treat boxes.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, love your ideas, so talented. I just received my Papertrey order couldn't resist the holiday jar filler set and the matching die. Great idea to make a list, good motivator. Hope your Mom recovers quickly!
Donna

Rhonda Z said...

I love your blog. I sent 5 cards, yesterday. Sympathy to a co-worker, Sympathy to my brother (loss of a beloved pet), Get Well for a co-worker's Mom, Thank you to a friend and a New baby card to a co-worker. I am trying to make this a habit . . . actually, sending the cards I make!

Tami McBeain said...

Beautiful card Mish, I love the rose stamped on the grid paper, such a fun element! I sent 9 cards out this week and I was just thinking of making some more "just because" cards to send out to some special people in my life! Thanks for the reminder to use the cards we make.

Bugga in OK said...

Such beautiful,inspiring work as always, Michelle! And you always inspire me to send my cards. This week I sent a birthday card to my granddaughter, a wedding congrats to another granddaughter, and 20 Halloween cards!

Crestajune said...

I was just thinking today that I needed to send a card to at least 2 people. I will come up with 3 more and make it five, and actually do it instead of "just thinking about it"! Thanks for the challenge! Love your card today! Thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your Cosmo goodies!

paula e. said...

love that new cosmo cricket paper and your card. i have a big card list this week. i made and sent: new baby girl card, 2 thinking of you cards for sick coworkers, 3 sympathy cards, & 8 halloween cards. i made 6 other birthday cards to go out in the next two weeks!

kelly said...

Your right, It is a beautiful card.
Michelle.

Kelly

EFI said...

What a lovely card!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your "dressed up" brown paper sacks Mish and the card is beautiful. I've been in a bit of a card making frenzy this week... I have to make 1 sympathy card, 2 male birthday cards, 1 card for my niece who's turning 7 and 1 congratulations card to my bestie who's moving back to my town!
Jo R.

Cindy said...

This week, I sent out 9 Halloween cards that I created!
As always, thanks so much for sharing your creations!

Unknown said...

Are you a single mother attempting to find scholarships? If that’s the case, you

much more than likely already understand how mind-boggling it could be to balance

being a mother while pursuing a career. But really there is not much to worry

about. Fortunately, there is a great deal of resources offered which exclusively

appeal to single mothers who necessitate monetary support to be able to further

their education and future.If you just know where to look.

single moms

Heather Rogers said...

This is so cute Michelle! Love the Rose on grid paper. :)
I sent 2 cards out this week already. To two of my sweet blog friends. Who better tosend them to, than one who appreciates out craft. Right?
I also sent out my Halloween cards last week.

barbie_love said...

Beautiful rose card. I have already sent out two cards this week so I am half way there!!! Thanks for the inspiration

barbie_love said...

Beautiful rose card. I have already sent out two cards this week so I am half way there!!! Thanks for the inspiration

LindaC said...

I sent my cards this week! Also finished my 10 'holiday planners' using your idea and PTI products.
What fun! Thanks for your inspirations! LindaC

Related Posts with Thumbnails