October 22, 2010

Sparkly Holiday Sacks

Happy Friday Friends! No school today and the house got cleaned yesterday so we are home free! Feels good to hang out with my girls. My mom is having shoulder surgery today so as soon as Dad brings her home, we'll be going to their house to take care of Grandma. I have beef stew and homemade bread going right now so we can bring supper.

Before I get to my project for today, I have some fun stuff to talk about. I'm preparing to do a big holiday kick off starting next week here on the blogaroonie. I'm working out the final details but stay tuned for lots of fun kits and projects, just in time for the holidays. Also, I'll be having more Papertrey Make + Save projects soon and starting in November I'll be doing my guest designer posts for Cosmo Cricket on Saturdays. Lots of fun stuff coming up. :)

Okay, on to today's project. I have decided that holiday cards are going to be big gift items for friends and family this holiday season. I always try to come up with something new but I always come back to the cards. Everyone loves them and they are such a useful and practical gift. So I'm all about creating beautiful sacks to package the cards in.

Here we go with another version. Today I'm using lots of items from my Etsy shop so you'll be able to do a lot of one stop shopping if you want to recreate my projects. I just organized my shop so that all the products are grouped together by like items, it looks so much better and similar items are easier to find. Remember, I love to freely share my projects for you to recreate for gifts for friends, family, teachers, etc......but you do not have permission to sell my creations or tweeked versions. Just a friendly reminder. :)

My Brown Paper Sacks are the base for my gift sacks. I covered them with red and cream sheet music, oh so pretty for the holidays. I got mine from the music shop where Jordan takes her guitar lessons.
The tag for my card is the show stopper here. Using my Medium Manila Parcel Tags, I applied adhesive to the tag and placed it on the back side of the candy cane patterned paper(all patterned paper from My Mind's Eye). Then I simply cut around the tag and punched a new hole. Such a simple way to make patterned tags. I then cut a circle of patterned paper to fit on a Large White Metal Rim Tag. The felt snowflake was cut from Papertrey felt with snowflake dies and was tied with Vintage Buttons and Red Baker's Twine. Sentiment is from PTI too.
Here comes the sparklies. Using my Small Clothespins, I created some sparkly, red clippies. Oh so fun for the holiday season. I also added a Red Sparkly Sprig. I finished off the tag with a Jolly Jingle Bell and some red and white baker's twine.
For the fun, glittered clippie, let me show you how to make those. Take a Small Clothespin and adhere two strips of 1/4" Scor-Tape to the flat sides. Trim with sharp scissors. Peel off the paper backing, exposing the sticky adhesive.
Plunge the clothespins into red glitter. I'm using Martha's glitter, available at Michael's in festive, holiday colors. Press the clothespins into the glitter firmly, really making the glitter stick to the adhesive....allowing even coverage. And there you have it. Glitterfied, glorious clippies just waiting to be used on your holiday projects. Use them for notes, attaching gift cards to the tree, fun garlands...lots and lots of uses.
Wanna make it like it Mish? Here's a photo of all the goodies you'll need. I've given links above in red but here's the list again: Small Clothespins, Large White Metal Rim Tags, Red Sparkly Sprigs, Jolly Jingle Bells, Medium Manila Parcel Tags and Brown Paper Sacks. Most of my products are sold in quantities of 5 or 10 so you'll easily be able to calculate quantities needed for your projects.
The Red Sparkly Sprigs are in limited quantities today so get 'em while they're hot, folks. :)
I hope you enjoy today's project! Thanks for stopping by. And again, thanks for all your wonderful comments lately. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel good. :)

16 comments:

noomiy said...

Lov it for all of my heart!! I've never seen red notes! Great! :)

{Chrissie} said...

I love this! We have so many music lovers in my family (and my son is in his first year of band) - this is perfect for me! I'm going to scrap life it if it's A-OK with you! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

dolcreations said...

Wow Weeeee this is awesome Mish! I love it! Those little bells are darling! So pretty!!! Your the best!!!

Anne-Marie said...

I was going to use some paper sacks for a mini album but changed my mind when I saw these!!
Just gorgeous!

Geny said...

Fabulous Mish! Love all the red sparkle!

Unknown said...

doesn't Martha have THE BEST glitter!!! great colors - thanks for all of the ideas...

♥Wendi said...

Ok, so I am totally in love with clothes pins. I make them with cute paper all the time. Why didn't I ever think to cover them in glitter? OMG! You completely amaze me. I am seriously marching in to my stamp room right now to make some for Halloween and then I will move right in to making them for Christmas! EEEEEKKK! I'm so excited! You are wonderful and so full of fun ideas. Bless your heart for sharing them all with us!

Noreen said...

Now THAT is some sparkle! And I love all the red! Hope your Mom recovers quickly.

Diana said...

Love this! I recently bought some of your small clothespins and the metal tags from your shop. Now I have a new idea on how to use them, thank you for the inspiration. I am so excited to see all your future projects coming for the holidays.
I always get so excited when I click onto your blog.
BTW, I hope your mother recovers quickly.

Anonymous said...

As always, it's an absolute delight to visit your blog Mish! Such pretty eye candy! Hope your Mum is feeling better after her surgery. My Mum had knee surgery on Thursday but I live too far away to pamper her :(

Jo R.
Australia

Ingrid Danvers said...

Another awesome project. You're so creative. Your blog is always a treat to visit. Lots of inspiration to find here. Thanks so much for sharing! Hope your mom has a speedy recovery.

Carolina said...

Beautiful sacks! Excited to hear all the fun stuff you have coming up!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I love all of your ideas and love to create for family but also do local craft shows for fun and extra money for my PTI piggy bank but I want respect your disclosure. Am I allowed to do that or not sell anything close at all? I couldn't find another way to contact you, sorry! :( PS - i'm so excited about the gift ideas to come - Thank you!!
my email is Sistersue2@rocketmail.com
Cheers~ Q!

Anonymous said...

Mish please allow me to preface my statement with I love your blog ...absoutely ....I have to check it everyday! But I am confused about your statement regarding tweaking your creations....for example the red glittered clothes pins...they have been on etsy for months ...I just can't believe that all the kits similar to yours are all from your idea...but o well....I can't scrap lift anything...lol to save my life just was requesting clartiy I. Rekon! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!
Permikus

Anonymous said...

I really don't understand your discloser either.Being that some things you make are being sold on etsy.How do we know you didn't get there same idea and sell it for yourself?Just sayin

styathm said...

so pretty with the glittered clothes pin! it took everything up a whole notch with tag & circle! you have wonderful ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails