October 13, 2010

Quick & Easy Tags

Hello friends.  It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas around Papertrey Ink.  Today the Design Team is will be showing how quick and easy tags can dress up a holiday gift.

Sometimes you luck out and find a gift that has a friend's name written all over it.  Literally.  Take this jar for instance.  I won't give it away totally, but this gift could be for person named Pine...or perhaps a person named Mason.  ;)  I love this jar as a gift all by itself.  What's not to love about a cool jar with an old zinc lid?
So to keep my gift simple, I opted to just add a simple tag embellishment to the jar.  Using 2010 Holiday Tags, I stamped the mistletoe image onto a die cut Kraft cardstock circle.  I then adhered my circle image to a die cut and stamped tag from the new Fillable Frames #9.  The green cardstock is the new Pinefeather green. Such a deep, pretty color for the holidays.
For the red rhinestones, I used an R59 Copic Sketch marker to color them.  With just one color of the Clear Rhinestones, you can create endless colors with your Copic markers.  I love this!  Nichole's been using this method a lot on her blog lately too.  Such a clever girl.
To finish off my tag, I combined some of my new Papertrey goodies with items from my vintage stage.  A simple snippet of vintage lace creates another softer layer to my tags, along with some new Pinefeather ribbon, a mini clothespin and vintage looking jingle bell.  So simple.  So easy.
For an additional gift, I created three more of the same tags and paired them up with Brown Paper Sacks.  You can never have enough little gifty sacks on hand during the holiday season.  These can be used for cards, candies, CD's, flat quarters of fabric, etc.  
I rolled the sacks up and tucked them into the jar along with the three tags.  I love that the sacks fit into the pint jars.  I placed my jar and another jar filled with candy canes into this wire basket container that holds two pint jars.  I got mine at Wal Mart in the canning section for less than $5.  Such a cute little display.
So remember.....keep it simple and keep it quick.  Take that extra time to enjoy your family and friends this holiday season.

Be sure to check out the other Design Team members to see all their lovely creations:

15 comments:

LMcBurney said...

You are the queen of cute jars! Love it!

Crafting Butterfly Creations said...

I love the ideal of coloring the clear rhinestones. How do you do it? Do you just color the top?

Leticia

Elizabeth S. said...

You have such wonderful ideas and tonight is no exception! Your finds are always terrific.

nancy said...

I love how you used things (stamp, color, FF) associated with the gift recipient who might - or might not - just be named Pine. You're so clever and thoughtful.

Unknown said...

We shall facilitate to have the finalized call centers demonstrate their abilities and experience to you. If after this demonstration and round discussions, you suggest whether you wish to proceed with a call center as a provider of choice, you are welcome to enter into a service level agreement with them after you are satisfied.
================
seo services

Eveline said...

Great work.
Eveline.

Renee said...

LOVE IT! So adorable and such a wonderful idea! I love the whole little set-up as a gift idea, fairly inexpensive(have you checked the price of toys lately? This is very economical for all the *grownups* on our lists

Denise G said...

Beautiful jars! Love the tags.

missy j said...

Hi there,
Did you get the little basket from Walmart also?
Love your ideas!
Missy

missy j said...

Hi there,
Did you get the little basket from Walmart also?
Love your ideas!
Missy

Noreen said...

I love everything!! Too many fun, wonderful details to mention them all.. just love it!

DooDuhh said...

Michelle, Your creations are precious!! I really love the new Christmas set, and dies, and,... and,... and... everything you designers do! Thank you for sharing!!!!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Gorgeous as always!

Mich, if you were asked what your most used sets are so far this year what would they be? My husband is treating me to a few extra sets for my birthday so want to make the best decision. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Sooooo incredibly sweet Mishie...your homespun style speaks right to me heart.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Melis

sharin said...

Such a cute and clever little gift. And the idea of placing 2 jars in a basket is darling.

Where'd you get the cute basket? That's such a great addition to the display.
Thanks!
sharin

Related Posts with Thumbnails