January 28, 2010

Lots of love...

Hello beautiful people visiting my blog! I hope you're having a great day! We're expecting more snow than we thought...possibly 5-6"....so I'm making a grocery store run while in town for Jordan's guitar lessons. Nothing like news of a big storm to boost the economy! :)

Today I have a pretty little Valentine card to show you using JustRite's Favorite Occasions Borders & Centers stamp set(which works with the 1-5/8" or 2" stampers). I love images that I can punch out with my circle punches. They make such quick and easy accents for cards. I paired this pretty little flowery heart and sentiment up with punched hearts from Making Memories' new Valentine line that I got at Archiver's.
My accent piece is decked out with a piece of vintage paper doily, old sheet music and a pretty tied ribbon. Background papers are also from Making Memories. Stapler is Tiny Tim's....well, it's from Tim Holtz but I call it Tiny Tim. I love those little staples! I found mine at my local scrapbook store.
Hope you enjoy my card!!

I'm off to gather some wood before it all gets covered with snow. Let's revert back to one of my favorite characters, Mary Ingalls Wilder. Pa wants some wood carried in so I'm gonna go put on my britches and wheelbarrow some up to our little house on the prairie. All the little ones are at school so I reckon I'll have to fetch it all by myself. You're getting a visual, eh?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the card! I recently found the PTI website and Im in love with the stamp sets but have never used the clear mount sets and was wondering if you have any tips on using them. Thanks for the daily dose of creativity.

Krissy said...

Love the card! You crack me up with the Little House on the Prairie....all I could think was "Golly, Pa!"

Stay warm!

Swamp Tulip said...

You are amazing. I start every day with your blog and check it for (...hopefully...) updates throughout the day. Your work is such an inspiration but I also enjoy reading about your family life. I grew up in farm country on the NY/Vermont border and we live in a small town so I can relate to a lot of your posts ... especially today's. It's snowing here and I'm working from home so I'm off to put on my britches and fetch some wood to keep Pa happy too ;o)!

Stay warm!

Teresa

Jean H. said...

I feel for you...I'm "up" in Nebraska and we came back from an Arizona-Christmas trip to the 24"+! Yuck...I'm really ready for the heat of summer!
Love your website -- you have great ideas, beautiful finished product and a great sense of humor.

Jaspere said...

This is gorgeous. Love the softness of the pink ribbon.

Alexis said...

I agree, i love stamps that can be used with punches. Gorgeous card. Stay warm and cozy.

thanks for the inspiration, as always!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is "beautious" Michelle (I know, not a real word, but you get the idea ;)

Eveline said...

Stay warm and safe.
Love the card. The colors are so soft.
Eveline

Princess Danell said...

Ditto! (see above comments)...and thanks for calling me beautiful. I needed that. :)
So...loving the "dictionary" paper, or is it a stamp? Very clever! Have a super, bacon day! (Just in case there is any laying about)

Jean Franks Beck said...

OMG, I love this, Mish! So many awesome little details - shabby chic and yummy! We're getting ready for a winter storm here in NC, too, and I tell ya, we don't deal very well with these things down here, LOL! The kids may be out of school for a week! Stay warm!!

Pat's little corner of the world said...

This is the first time I have left a comment, but I want you to know I'm on your site everyday looking to see what you have come up with...You are a great stamper and I love your things...Hope you will look at my blog:htpp://patslittlecorneroftheworld.blogspot.com

christina #4635 said...

This card is beautiful! Love the "Pa" reference, still giggling!

Karen said...

So pretty. Love all the beautiful paper you used. Good luck with the wood and food gathering. Bet the girls are praying for a snow day. I used to really enjoy them.

Stefani said...

i love that you call that stapler "tiny tim". i'm gonna name mine that too. {i also LOVE the teeny staples...well, anything in miniature really!!} :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet & lovely card! Cute DP too. Please send some snow our way - the Olympics are starting soon here in Vancouver and we could USE SOME!

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, all your stuff is so AWESOME!!!

tamari* said...

i love this card!

Shirlann from Beautiful British Columbia said...

You certainly have a great style to your cards and I love the way you photograph them around your home decor.
We need your snow! Unusually mild winter...I have a crocus poking up in my garden!

Cindy Holshouser said...

Love this card. I'm trying to switch blog layouts and love the simplicity of yours and am wondering which one it is?
Thank you.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Such a lovely card!

Lou said...

soooooo pretty

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

This is beyond perfect!! I love it. Thank you for your creativity

Related Posts with Thumbnails