January 4, 2010

Mish-Matched Valentine Doo-Dads

Edit: The kits are now up in my Etsy shop. Happy Shopping!

Oh boy, did we have fun yesterday. Instead of a blizzard like we had last week, we had a beautiful snowfall that left us with several inches of the powdery white stuff. The girls had a blast sledding around the countryside. I'll post photos another time, you'll get a kick out of them.

Back in the crafty kitchen, I've been creating more fun Mish-Matched Doo Dads.
You'll recall that I created these fun doo-dads using Papertrey patterned paper scraps, ribbon, Vintage Buttons and old sheet music.
And these little doo-dads that used even tinier scraps of paper, ribbon and buttons.
Well, I added to those doo-dads to create some fun little Mish-Matched Valentine Doo Dad kits for the shop. Again, the idea behind the Mish-Matched Doo Dads is that all of the little pieces and parts are separate.
But then you use your own creativity......or maybe a little help from me........to mix and match the doo dads to use on your projects. Here's some samples of how you can mix and match all the different elements from the kit.
Then you just start creating. Here's the card I showed in a previous post using the sheet music doo dad:
And here's a project I whipped up today using the punched heart along with a flower embellishment and white envelope from the kit.
I created a vintage looking embellished envelope, perfect for that very special Valentine or love note. I inked all the paper edges with a Vintage Ink Duo cube to give the instant vintage appeal. I then stamped the *hugs and kisses* sentiment from Heart Prints onto the envelope corner using a Vintage Ink Duo cube. The heart punch is available from Papertrey also along with the pretty Sweet Blush Swiss Dot ribbon I tied around the card. The vintage doily is from an auction I went to last Fall and the glittery leaves are Christmas sprigs I found at Michael's. The glittery edge on the envelope is from Martha Stewart's glitter from Michael's.
I hope you will enjoy my little doo dads cuz I sure love making them. Look for this kit in my Etsy shop a little later on today. With the Mish-Matched Valentine Doo Dads kit, I'm going to be showing you some samples of what you can create with the contents. So stay tuned for more samples soon.

I hope you are warm and snuggled in today. This weekend I finished reading The Friday Night Knitting Club (so good) and watched the movies The Hangover and Julie and Julia. Fun movies. I need some new books now....looks like a trip to the library and book store are in order. Have a great day everyone!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

what fun ideas you give us - love the little leaf sprig - could be very easy to make...i made your easy squeezy cranberry lime cooler again this weeken for my DIL's - they loved it!!!! anyway - when looking for books - why not go to amazon.com - if you find a book that you want to read - they might have it in paper back - used - for a GREAT price! after you mentioned friday nigh knitting club - i went there - found it for one penny!!! plus 3.99 shipping! still less than the box stores. i have also found some new authors that i wouldn't have found in a store..just an idea...thanks for all of your great ideas and for sharing them with us.

Lueyes said...

I hope you'll do more of these. I read your blog two hours after your posted and the kits were all gone. ;-(

JaneAnn said...

I missed out on this kit because I slept in this morning.... SAD SAD SAD...

Anonymous said...

happy new year michelle!! i watched julie and julia too this weekend...such a cute movie. and the hangover is hilarious and absolutely ridiculous. i wanted to let you know that i made your cranberry and lime cocktail for christmas lunch at our house and it was a hit! i want to send you a picture so you can see them, so pretty. thanks for all of the great ideas, both crafty and not. i enjoy your blog and look forward to spending the new year enjoying it even more!!

Kat said...

So cute and adorable. I love your dodads!!!

Melissa said...

So sweet, love 'em loads....missed out again darn it.

Chelle said...

that card is adorable!!! i love all the mishie kits and creations lately!!!
chelle

Anonymous said...

Rats - all gone! Bummer....

Wendi said...

I feel like I just keep saying the same thing over and over! You are amazing! Your work inspires me! Wow, it just never ends!!Thanks again for sharing. Working on my inspiration station today. Can't wait to see yours!

Anonymous said...

oh wow - such cute and great things ;)

best wishes from Berlin/Germany
♥Nette

Related Posts with Thumbnails