January 25, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love

Edit: A few of my links weren't working but I've got them fixed now. Sorry about that, total user error here on my new Mac. And to answer a question about the ribbon on my card. I used Scor-Tape to adhere the ribbon...and just snip off the ends. They don't wrap around. Hope that helps. Oh, and I have to go back to the dreaded dentist tomorrow for a 2 hour appt. I think I had a mini panic attack on the way to town this morning. Tomorrow will be a major deal for me...I am just a dentist wimp!

If you're like me, sometimes you need a little change of pace when working on projects. I usually have no problems coming up with my own card layouts but sometimes it's just nice to do something a little different....try something new. Sketches are a great way to mix things up a bit. This week, JustRite is sponsoring the 2 Sketches 4 U weekly sketch. Check out the 2 Sketches 4 U website to see the weekly sketch and play along. It's a very simple sketch and very easy to use with JustRite's 2" squares.

For my card, I used patterned paper from Bo Bunny, Sweet Blush Cardstock from PTI, pink rhinestones, Sweet Blush PTI Vintage Buttons and embroidery thread. For the main image I used JustRite's 2" Decorative Square Frame and a sentiment from the Romantic Sentiments Centers Round set. These round sentiment stamps fit right inside the square frames, making it easy to stamp both images at one time. Hope you enjoy!
I'm out the door for a busy day. First thing is to see how my brother is doing. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Next, I have a severely dreaded dentist appointment. I cracked a tooth that had a large filling in it. Enough said, you know what comes next.....the drill, that smell, people's fingers in my mouth. Ick. Then in the afternoon, it's back to town for Josey's MRI. Finally time to see what's going on in her shoulder. I'm praying she doesn't need surgery but that we can figure out what to do to stop the pain when she plays sports.
Okay, I better run. Have a great week everyone!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish-

Thanks so much for the book mark idea...I have unexpectedly had some time at home and have been trying some of your projects. I am amazed that with all you have going on you are able to keep up with this fabulous blog. Thank you!

Mel said...

Mish
I love your blog and your inspiration...good luck with your daughter's MRI.

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful card. TFS.

Denise G said...

good luck with the dentist... i just went through that too... i feel your pain!

yvette said...

Good Luck and yes I am out for a busy day too of errand and appts. See you tomorrow in blog world

wanda50 said...

You always make the simplest of cards look so elegant. I love your blog too Mish. Your guided inkspiration always makes me happy. Thanks for taking the time to share on such a busy day for you. Prayers for your family and the testing. Be blessed!!

JustYolie said...

What an elegant and simple card! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Yolie
http://justyolie.blogspot.com/

Harriet said...

Absolutely beautiful card... I love the colors and elegance of this card

scrapfancy said...

A cute card and so girly. I do have a question about your ribbon on the card. How do you put it on and do you overlap it at the end? Thank you.

Jennette Warren said...

Too Cute Michelle! I just love all the things that you do! Thanks for always sharing your talent with all of us! You're amazing!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!

Kari D said...

First: love the card and your comment about using sketches to help with inspiration. Sometimes I just sit and look at all of the stuff on my table and feel overwhelmed about where to begin! Maybe a sketch would help kick start actual card production!

Second: It is nice to know another dentist wimp. I have periodontal disease so see a dentist once a quarter....still have that pang as I drive to visit and I don't have to act brave because I have munchkins! Close your eyes and think wonderful paper and ink thoughts!

Third: sending thoughts and prayers to your family. So hard when a loved one is in pain!

Alisa said...

Your so awesome. Everything you makes is inspiring and incredibly creative. Thanks for putting that out for the rest of us here. =)

I am too a dentist wimp. The good news is, it will be over in two hours. I always try to think of things that lasted longer than that which I have made it through...like childbirth. Ha! You can do it! Think positive...things will go smooth and the pain will be minimal. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family right now. Hugs!

mamajulie said...

Good luck with the dentist. You are my inspiration. When I can't think of what to do, I come to your blog and it always gets my creative juices flowing.

Cynthia said...

Love your blog and love this card! It's beautiful!

Thank you!

cynthia@devoll.net

Tricia T said...

Bless your heart! I hope your appointment will be over by the time I type this! I'll be praying for you and Josey both. Blessings! Tricia

Sarah O. said...

"Breathe in...Breathe out"...let this be your mantra at your dentist appointment! Kansas girls aren't whimps!! YOU WILL BE FINE! :D

Michelle said...

Oh Mish I will keep you in my prayers. I absolutely fear teh dentist. I can totally relate. My blood pressure always reads high when they take it before they work on me.. I feel like such a wimp..

Michelle

patriciad said...

What a gorgeous card. As one dentist wimp to another, sister, I feel your pain! Oh, and I agree, the smell of that drill. Ok, I'll shut up now - don't wanna get you any more worked up than you already are! Good luck!

Meg said...

Yet another dentist wimp here..hope your appointment was a breeze and that you got a good report for your daughter!

Whimsey said...

Good luck at the dentist - I really do have panic attacks when I have to go to the dentist - so I GET IT!!!

Love the card; great colors!!

Wendi said...

Omg! Something else we have in common. I HATE going to the dentist. I will put it off until I'm in total pain every time. UGH! Not smart. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you happy teeth!

Geny said...

Love this card Mish!! So cute! I saw you are reading Knit Two right now on your twitter post...me too, I just started it yesterday, I loved the first one even though it was sad!

Linda said...

Love the card. Glad the dentist appointment is behind you and that you are doing well. :)

Gail S. said...

Mish - I will be thinking of you at the dentist tomorrow. I, too, am a BIG dentist wimp. I finally have had my dentist give me some gas so I don't care that they are working on my teeth. I had a root canal done in December so I feel your pain. I always love to come visit and see what you have new to show us.

paperplay said...

When you go to the dentist bring an ipod, cd player, mp3 or something with some mini headphone/ear buds so you can listen to your favorite music while you are having your work done. It will distract you from the noise and help the time pass. Good luck. I work in a dental office and we like to help make our patients as comfortable and relaxed as possible. Hope it helps.

Unknown said...

как нежно! влюбилась без памяти!!! респект! (how tenderly! love with no memory! respect!)))

Related Posts with Thumbnails