January 26, 2010

Melissa's challenge...

Good morning everyone! It's a new day and I have lots of fun work to do. Isn't it nice to use fun and work it the same sentence? I have a great job! I'm working on more 12 Days of Me kits today and hopefully I'll get them into my shop yet today too. I'm going to post them in sets of 10 at various times of the day in hopes that everyone can get a shot at them. I know the time zones and work schedules have prevented many of you from getting one. Hopefully the staggered times will help you out.
For the question about my photos below. Yes, I used a photo editing feature on my new IMac that blurs the background/edges of photos. Pretty snazzy huh? Gives a soft, romantic feel to photos. Have a great day everyone...and as always, thank you for visiting me. I saw a stamping friend, Maggie, at the girls' ballgame the other day. She said she starts her day with me every morning. I know a lot of you grab a cup of coffee and settle in with the blogs. I am so glad you visit me, I really really appreciate all of you wonderful, crazy ladies! Good morning Maggie!
Hello friends. I am back from the dentist and survived. Fun...no. Done....yes. Woohoo! The sweet Melissa Phillips has a beautiful photo for her fun Inspirational Photo challenge on her blog today. It is so soft and serene. Her photo comes from A Creative Mint blog. What a great new source for inspiration!
Here's my card I made using the photo for inspiration. I used the sweet new papers from Papertrey called Pretty Pastels. The Shimmery White cardstock is accented with that great purple sheet music I rescued from the music shop where Jordy takes guitar lessons. Vintage Buttons in purples and pinks were plucked right from my Valentine Inspiration Station. Sentiment and background on shimmer cardstock is from Giga Guidelines. Base cardstock is Lavender Moon.

Here's a pretty assortment of items I pulled from my Valentine stash. Ahhhh, so pretty to look at.
Be sure to check out Melissa's blog for more links and more fun projecst by more awesome friends! Thanks for the challenge Melissa. These are fun and inspiring!

29 comments:

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

So beautiful!

Lindsay said...

sigh...it is so lovely! Great work!

Unknown said...

I don't usually use purple in my cards unless I have too. But, I am really drawn to this one. SO pretty.

Melissa Sauls said...

Can you hear that?! That's me "ooohing" and "aaaahing" all the way from Texas. Absolutely stunning!

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness...this is so darn pretty! Absolutely stunning!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW OH WOW!!! This is so beautiful! Your card is perfect for this challenge. I am blown away by the romantic look.

yvette said...

Mish I just love the sweetness and how pretty a card it is.....

Melissa said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever seen Mish...I adore every last detail.
Melis

JustYolie said...

oh sooo PRETTY!!
Yolie
http://justyolie.blogspot.com/

Christine Blain said...

So beautiful; a real treat to look at! How great is that purple sheet music??!! What a find!

Lisa Dolson said...

Mish, a most looovvely card!!

delisa said...

I just love this card, it's so soft & sweet & beautiful! Purple sheet music...oh, my heart be still :>

Eveline said...

The card is lovely, just as soft and serene looking as the picture.
Eveline.

Theresia said...

WOW this is so beautiful.

ros crawford said...

This is a different side of you and it is absolutely stunning!!

Barb Moyer said...

Love the card but I love that last picture you took. Is that some type of photo vignette? Did you use a special software for it?
Barb M.
dallasfan539@yahoo.com

jan metcalf said...

Your card is a perfect fit for the photo!! Very beautiful!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

OMG.... tis is ofthe most adorable card what I've ever seen!! Love it!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Shabby Elegance! I love what you've done from the inspiration photo. What a beautiful interpretation!

Anonymous said...

love love love it!

Anonymous said...

So elegant!!

I going to try and hone in on my inner "Mish" and make some of your famous notebooks for my girls at MOPS. Had my jr notepads cut yesterday at Office Max. Very excited but they won't be as nice as yours! :) Your notebooks are awesome!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So soft and pretty, a bit of 'fairy dust' seems to have been sprinkled on it with the way it has been photographed. I love it all. And you also placed a beautiful flower on your card like Betsy.

Leslie said...

Your card is really pretty and I love how you take such dreamy photographs!!!

Juanita B said...

OMG...your creation is excellent, pure perfection!! The links are great also. TFS.

Jean Franks Beck said...

WOWZA, that's gorgeous!!! Love your purple sheet music! I'm green with envy, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Like yours a lot, it really captured the feeling of the inspiration photo!

Unknown said...

Очень красиво!!! So beautiful! Бесподобно!!!

Cindy Major said...

This might be one of your best card yet! SOO gorgeous, feminine and delicate. Love it!

Jenn said...

Mishy this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails