January 9, 2010

Heart Lollipop Envelope

Edit: The envelope that I used for my project is a 4" x 4" Papertrey Kraft envy. My computer with all my photo software is messed up with possibly a virus. DH is working on it now. So I probably won't be uploading my Inspiration Station today. Regarding the next round of The 12 Days of Me Kit.......I need to be able to access my other computer so there will be a slight delay on the kits. Thanks for your patience!

Happy weekend everyone! We were finally able to make out way to the highway yesterday, through all the drifted snow that was plowed. We were all so cooped up. Who knew a trip to Walmart could be such a nice get away. Don't ask me to ever say that again. Because I won't. ;)

Anyway, while in Wally World, I was looking for the Valentine aisle. No Valentine aisle. Boo. So until I can get my crafty hands on some Valentine goodies, I settled for a paper crafted lollipop. If you ordered one of my latest Valentine kits, you got a heart doo dad like the one below along with a lollipop stick. The girls have been saving their slobbered on sucker sticks just so I could use them in your kits. Snort! Not really.....callllllllm down now. :) Your sticks are brand new!
Since these paper lollipops can get a little bulky, I used mine to embellish the outside of a Papertrey square envelope. I'll probably tuck a little Valentine inside or maybe a gift certificate to our local chocolate/candy shop. That would be a sweet treat indeed.

For the envelope, I stamped Fresh Snow hearts from Background Basics: Hearts for the overall background. Then I used Dawn's Say it With Style sentiment *You are so sweet* in Pure Poppy ink. The lollipop was created by punching the large heart and then sewing on a Vintage Pure Poppy Button. The ribbon is Sweet Blush Swiss Dot. To adhere the lollipop to the envelope, I used two layers of pop dots on each side of the sucker sticks. To adhere the sucker stick to the heart doo dad, I simply used a piece of clear office tape.

Oh my gosh, can you image an entire basket filled with these sweet little envelopes? I think I must make some more. I hope you have a SWEET day! I think Eric's invited some of the girls' friends over to go tubing. Jordan is working on some new crafty projects that are soooooooo stinkin' sweet....I might even put some in my Etsy shop, they're that cute! And I am working in my craft room today. I lost my mind a while back and took on a 5 day subbing job next week. Right during Papertrey release week. Right during our basketball tournament. Eeek, I must get all my stamping done this weekend so that I can remain somewhat sane next week.

P.S.......I'm taking photos of my Valentine Inspiration Station and will post them very soon. I know you're all patiently waiting. :)

18 comments:

patriciad said...

Uh-oh...first comment two days in a row. I'm feeling kind of stalkerish! I'm up early cause I'm meeting friends early for breakfast, but I had to make my morning Mish stop first. A girl has her priorities, know what I mean? Such a cute project. Love the lollipop idea - sooo darn cute. Have a great weekend!

Patti J said...

Michelle, you are such an inspriation! I don't always comment because I know you are so busy, but I never miss an entry, and love each and every one. Can't wait to see what DD has made! And...am looking forward to seeing your Valentine's Insp.Station! Great job as usual!

LeAnne said...

Very cute! I love this idea - it's cute but you don't need real lollipops! A dangerous thing in my house! :D Yes, and what's up with Walmart??? Usually Valentine stuff is chasing the tails of Christmas. Nothing at mine either!!??

Alexis said...

Love the lollipop envelope. Suhc a simple but brilliant idea!! Another 'gotta try it' project. Thanks

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Mish, I live in Florida and I never thought i'd be able to say this, but it SNOWED here this morning!! Nothing compared to your snow, though! :) LOVE those cards. Just might have to CASE it. Have a great day, and try to stay warm!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are so cute!! Love them. Have fun stamping this weekend! Can't wait to see what Jordan is doing!

nancy said...

Are you really as nice, sweet, generous, thoughtful and caring as you appear? Or is that all made up to give your blog that right tone so that unsuspecting folks like us keep returning? JK... truly. Love your blog, your projects, your writing, your photos. Oh, Mish, I love you!

Hope that you're able to accomplish everything you want this weekend to make your week the least stressful it can be.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

you are too funny! Love the lollipop joke!

I can't wait to see what Jordan is creating. How fun to share this with your daughter.

Also glad to hear that you are dug out. Weird that your Wal-Mart doesn't have Valentine stuff out, ours does.

Wendi said...

Oh, I am patiently waiting. A whole week of subbing...UGH! I hope that doesn't mean we wont hear from you for a week. What will I do without my favorite daily inspiration? Boo Hoo!!

Tommy said...

Mish,
This is darling.........did you use the 3x3 size card or he 4x4? To cute.....Thanks,Elizabeth

Jana said...

Oh, you made me laugh with the kids saving their sticks for you. This card is adorable.

Barbara said...

I am always so inspired by you Michelle! I really appreciate all of the time that it takes to keep your blog updated and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your talent so freely. :-)

Juli said...

I always come here for my cozy, warm and wonderful fix for the day! Your projects and cards are just the best and I always feel inspired to make "doodads"! I was so surprised too when there was no valentine aisle at our Walmart- can't quite figure it all out. Hope your weekend is cozy!

Diane said...

Ugh..there is a Trojan Worm going around, it wants you to install a "fix"...don't do it, its a scam to buy their "fix"...the virus is real, they are trying to get you to buy it saying you have a virus... don't fall for it, if you have a protection, spamware~firewall~virus protection you are okay...it lookd real, the virus is real, they give it to you so you will buy their fix...did I just say that...oh yeah...just be carefu; and don't fall for it!!! Hope this saves at leat one of you!!

Diane said...

Now for a REAl comment!! I too, am looking for Valentines goodies...Michaels has NEW MS Spring punches...one has a birdie border...a must have...love all your projects Michelle!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for your wonderful ideas and enthusiasm, Michelle! Just what I needed this morning. :)

Wish we had more focus on Valentine's Day but I don't think I have seen anything in the local stores ... however, Easter Eggs are now available!

I especially loved your gift card to the candy shop as a Valentine's gift - maybe it's time I started a trend like that in my neighbourhood!

Erin said...

Entirely too cute! I totally love it.

bissecat said...

So Sweet,so sweet lovely idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails