January 17, 2010

Tiny Treat Sacks

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was quite a day for us. We travelled to two different cities in search of a computer. We debated back and forth several times over a PC vs. a Mac. We finally ended up with a Mac and a new printer and a nice little dent in our pocket book! Everyone was up this morning like it was Christmas, waiting for Dad to install the new computer. Josey is looking forward to the free wi-fi on her Ipod. Jordan wants to play her Webkinz again. I'm looking forward to the 21-1/2" screen. Eric.....well, he's hoping for pancakes or something good for breakfast and a nice afternoon nap. All is well in the Wooderson household today. Now on to today's little project:

Here's a cute idea using some of the doo dads and items from a Valentine kit I had in my Etsy shop a while back. Sometimes you want to give a little treat that is super duper cute but you don't want to invest in a lot of money or time. These little treat sacks are perfect. I used small glassine sacks from Papertrey and slipped in a miniature candy bar. To embellish my sacks, I used a tiny lined notecard that was stamped with images from Pine's Simple Valentine set using the tea dye inks. I punched the top edge of the notecards with a Fiskar's scalloped border punch. The sentiment I used is from Heart Prints. Ribbon is Sweet Blush Swiss Dot. The doo dads were made by embellishing heart punches with Vintage Buttons and more ribbon.
I'm hoping to gradually make more of these Valentine goodies until I have a nice little stash when Valentine's Day comes around. Everyone loves to get a little treat, even if it's just a small gesture. What are you planning for Valentine's Day this year?
Ladies, sorry if you're missing out on my Etsy kits. I know they go fast and a lot of you are disappointed that you miss out. I'll be adding more and more items so check back often.

23 comments:

Kelly B said...

As always Mish, your projects are wonderful. I'm always inspired by all the goodies you create and check your blog daily. I just wanted to add that you'll be glad you picked a Mac... I switched to Mac and kick myself for not doing it sooner! Enjoy your new toy and I'll look forward to the next post.

Annette said...

Ohh so sweet, they are.

Lisa said...

I just got a Mac too! I'm going to have to take a few classes to learn the different commands and be efficient at using it.
Your treat bags are so cute! Thank you for always giving such a thorough explanation.
Enjoy the day!

Diane Burns said...

We have switched to Macs in our family also. Love them!

Susan T said...

Congratulations. You are going to LOVE your Mac!!! You will not be disappointed. I think you made a really good choice. They really know how to fine tune a machine. Worth every penny. Love your work. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Cathy Weber said...

Even though you say your treat bags are quick, you still put such detail into them. Couldn't help noticing the words on the music note doo-dad Sug-ar is sweet. So perfect for this treat bag. I probably would have just punched away without framing the perfect words to fit the spot.

Liz (wifelady) said...

I also just got a iMac last weekend - LOVE it! I feel so hi-tech! Love your projects!

Wendi said...

These are super cute little thoughts. I am always in need of little ideas like this for friends and especially teachers. It must make you feel so wonderful that your kits are in such high demand. Your work really is amazing. Any time I need any kind of inspiration this is my first and only stop! I am always sure to find just what I need. When I look at my stash it is definitely inpired by you! Keep the cute little ideas coming. Thank you!!!!

Heather said...

I would love to receive one of these. I am sure whoever gets one will love them. I am going to have to make myself some doo-dads for my projects.

Cindy said...

I love using these little bags for holiday school treats. I just picked up my miniature candies for ours. Questoin Mish: is that sheet music a stamp or real sheet music? That is my new obsession.

Shirlann said...

Michelle...you will be so happy you bought a Mac! My son talked me into a 27" last spring and I am thrilled! (Apple's educational discount was great too!) I absolutely LOVE iPhoto...I am so organized now. Your treat bags are sweet...enjoy your Mac!

Lindsay said...

These are so cute. I can't wait to try my hand at them! Thanks for sharing!

Patricia said...

Love your projects and especially the Love treat bags...they must have flown out of Etsy yesterday. Maybe next time I can snatch one as they fly bye.
You are going to love your MAC, it has been the best purchase of a computer. I have always worked with PCs but they can't compare to the MAC.
Enjoy and have a great day playing with your new toy,
Patty

Unknown said...

Yay for Mish - yay for Mac! I bought my first one for college and now we have 4 Mac laptops (I know, ridiculous). In 18 years, never one virus. It's a beautiful thing!

Love the treat sacks! I just finished a big project and put away all my supplies so the craft table is cleared and cleaned - ready for some Valentines! I'm inspired to bust out the glassine bags - thanks!

Patty M said...

Thanks for the cute idea. I had already made Valentine tags for my bible study friends and now I think I will just attach a little treat bag with a candy kiss! Always inspirational..

Mindy said...

You will love your MAC!!! will take some getting use to, but we now have 2 and I love them both!!!!

Wonderful projects as always!!!!

Barbara M said...

I just bought the small bags on the the last release. Going to do a V day brunch for work and I was ethier going to make small cards (glassie bag as envelopes) or...ah ha! a small bag of treats with do dads! This looks much easier. Mine may be not as detailed need to about 75!! Thanks for the ideas:)

Jeryn said...

Your Valentine treats are so cute! I need to get in the frame of mind for Valentine's Day.

BTW- You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Mac. We made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back since. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'm so addicted to your blog! I loved your inspiration station and I tried my own today and blogged about it here: http://lealoo73.blogspot.com/2010/01/busy-busy.html
Thanks for sharing with us!

starsandcards55 said...

keep us updated on how you are liking your mac versus a pc. i would be interested to hear your take on it after you've worked with it for a while.

Princess Danell said...

I love the way the tea dye ink makes a lovely shadow. There is my take away. Thanks again, Michelle. Oh, and I'm Mac owner and lover 2 years now. It will rock your world! Every time I have to get on the old PC, it's like Fred Flintstone getting in his car!

Debstamps said...

Congratulations on your new Mac! I love your website, and thought I'd just say, "hey!" and have fun with the new machine! Whenever you try to do something unfamiliar on the Mac, just ask yourself, "What would be the easiest thing to do--and Bingo! it will be that 9 times out of 10!" Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Once you go MAC, you'll never go back! I love mine. There will be an "adjustment period", but once you get the hang of it, it's great. Enjoy! Wendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails