December 16, 2008

Snow Day and Redbird Birthday Card

We had a snow day today! I think everyone remembers how much you loved a snow day from your childhood days. My girls were super excited. They dug out the snow clothes (of course everything is mixy matchy because you just wear what fits, right?) and decided to shovel the driveway. That didn't last long and they headed off to play on the swing set. Love those rosy cheeks. Good day for cocoa, marshmallows and huge dollops of Cool Whip...and wet snow clothes scattered all over the house for Mom to pick up.
And sitting by the fire, looking at the beautifully decorated Christmas tree, being thankful that we have a nice, warm home.
And after I shipped the girls off to Grandma's house, I stamped! That was, after we sang *Grandma got ran over by a reindeer*. We danced and laughed at the thought of poor ol' Grandma getting run over on her way to pick up the girls!!

Onto my card, I'm winding down on my Christmas cards but I'm still into the Christmas colors. So I opted for red today(kinda easing into Valentine colors), using Karen Lockhart's Itty Bitty Birds. I colored the image with Copic markers, using my Colorless Blender on the birds' stomach areas. Images were cut and layered with Spellbinder's Long Rectangle Dies. Sentiment and ribbon is from Papertrey Ink. Patterned papers from My Mind's Eye and Cosmo Cricket.
For a finishing touch, I used an oval acrylic sticker and cut a little flag for the sentiment. It's nice to add a few more cards to my regular stash and perhaps get a head start on next year's birthday cards.
Hope you're enjoying the wintry weather if it's in your neighborhood. I really don't like the cold but I'm having a change of heart about winter....gotta love all the seasons as they come and go.

23 comments:

Dottie K. said...

The girls look great all bundled in their snow gear. Love the card and the red colors. Hope you stay warm. :)

Chris said...

That hot chocolate looks delish! I love the card - the papers are so folksy and I never know how to use those acrylic stickers. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

Loving the red colors! The card is beautiful, the little birds are so cute, great job. The hot chocolate looks to die for. Merry Christmas

peggylee
http://peggyleeshabbychics.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

I don't think I have ever had a snow day, and if I did get a day off due to weather, it would be WAY too cold to play outside. It has been -37C(-34F), and -47(-53F) with the windchill. I wanted to stay home by the fire, but I had to work and get groceries. Such is the life in Saskatchewan.

I hope your girls enjoyed the snow, and the hot chocolate, and congrats to you on making a non-Christmas card.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Your girls look adorable in their snow gear and the hot chocolate looks yummy, but I don't think i'll be drinking any today since it's 80 degrees here in Florida! :)

Love the card!

Anonymous said...

The hot chocolate and fire look very inviting. I can be there in about 12 hours, ok!? :-)

Ronni said...

YUM-MO at the pic of hot cocoa!

Melanie said...

Beautiful photos! And I just LOVE the birthday card!

Anonymous said...

What a TWEET (sorry, bad pun!) birthday card! Love the snow photo - your girls look so cute and leave me longing for cold weather. It's 35C (I thinks that's 95F) here in Australia and very high humidity - YUCK!

Karen said...

I adore this card. I normally am not big on red, but this card feels just right. I also love the rosey cheeks on the girls. They looked like they were having a lot of fun. Snow days are some of my best childhood memories.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Just a heads up - I was just on the PTI website and they have 1/8 and 1 1/2 inch scor tape available at the moment. :)

Anonymous said...

your posts always warm my heart! I have a special place in my heart for redheads (I have two of my own) and I love how you use Longaberger! hee hee! oh yeah, and your card was cute too.

Anonymous said...

I love the color combination you used -- what a beautiful card. Love the rosy cheeks on your girls!

Julia Aston said...

I can just smell that yummy cocoa! and your tree looks so pretty with the fireplace near by!

I love the papers you used on your card and the fun acrylic sticker over the image!

we're having a little snow this morning - but it's supposed to melt by evening as the temp is rising.

Anonymous said...

Now you've done it! I may not be able to get that song out of my head today, lol.

Beautiful pictures of your cute girls and lovely tree near the fireplace. I've always liked the way you use the fireplace for your banner. It feels warm and inviting when I visit your blog.

Your birthday card is really adorable! I love the red and white colors - so crisp! TFS

Elizabeth S. said...

The girls look so great all bundled up. Love the card!! It is beautiful.
Can you believe that here in sunny Southern California we are getting snow. It is so pretty to watch.

retiredheather said...

We are in the middle of a major storm right now. I will be surprised if DH and OS make it home from work today. As a retired teacher I know how important storm days are. This one started too late. Great card. I love the mixture of DP
Happy Holidays
Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh, looks like everyone is having fun at your house. Your girls look so cute. Nice card.

DeeDee said...

Mish, your girls are adorable and I just love this card....so sweet and so Mish!!! HUGS!!!

liannallama said...

oh, I'm really feeling the red love right now! My favorite color and what a cute card!

Lee said...

Hi Mish!!!! I haven't stopped by in a while, but wanted to tell you I make sure to peek in frequently to gaze at your amazing creations!!! Your lil sweetie pies are just adorable and enjoy them!!! Mine think they're "too old" for snow play nowadays!!! LOL

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, like how you have highlighted the image, pretty papers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails