December 21, 2008

Christmas Cookie Tags

This year I've baked more Christmas cookies than ever before. I decided to do my baking early and I got tons of cookies put up in the freezer. I give the cookie trays away as I think of people to give them to....like the bus drivers, the mail lady, neighbors, coaches, etc. I've given away so many little plates that I have to keep making more and more cookies. Great gifts though and I've enjoyed all the baking this year.

I made up a bunch of simple tags to tape on the top of the plastic wrapped plates. Super easy to make. I used the Baking Stamp Ensemble from Just Rite Stampers for the border and center to make the perfect tags for my plates. The stamped images were cut and embossed with a large Spellbinders circle die template. I paired the tags up with some October Afternoon Christmas paper, Papertrey Kraft cardstock and Vintage Cream twill ribbon.

Here's a little glimpse of my cookies this year, I tried lots of new recipes from a Better Homes and Garden cookie magazine.
I simply used little holiday plates and then double wrapped my cookies with plastic wrap. I attached the tags with Scotch tape on the backs. I gave away lots right away after baking and some went back into the freezer for when I see people next.
Hope your holiday season is going great! The girls are officially on Winter Break so I hope to wind down on my Christmas projects soon.

11 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Boy do they look yummy! Love the little tag and I've seen that adorable paper and was wondering who made it. Thanks for listing that. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Mish,
Just wanted to tell you how many ideas of yours I used this holiday season. Ya'know all the people you gave those cookie trays to, well for those people I made a set of 12 notecards (mish inspired)put them in a pti clear card case. Then I wrapped with a pretty pti ribbon put the pipe cleaner through with the two jingle bells (mish inspired). Then to homeroom teachers, and my fourth grade team, I also made coordinating gift card holders and put gift cards to jimmy johns.(mish inspired, heck knocked off!) All with a pack of basic grey figgy pudding. You should have seen how beautiful they all were. thanks so much you made me look like a queen!
heidi hrae

Rachelle said...

Oh these tags are perfect for this. Quick and easy, but gives a finishing touch. Your cookie plates look delicious!

Melissa said...

So sweet and delicious Mish...you are amazing....have a Merry Christmas.
Melis

DeeDee said...

Oh WOW, these looks so yummy! The little tags are just so sweet and perfectly matched with your cookie tray.....your friends are so lucky to have you!!! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot miss a day of your Holiday inspiration! My stamping and crafting days are fewer and farther between due to my arthritis in my hands and joints, but with as far in advance as you plan, I was almost able to keep up with you! Thank you for a wonderful blog!

Anonymous said...

Your tryas look yummy. The tags are perfect. TFS and have a wonderful Christmas. Ann Lind

Anonymous said...

Mish~
Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing all your wonderful creations as well as letting us get to know your family a little. God has given you a talent and I appreciate you sharing it with all of us.
Have a Christ Blessed Christmas!

CHARLOTTE said...

Using the tray is a good idea - just wondering how large the tray is. Also, you freeze the dough until you're ready to bake or do you bake all the cookies and then freeze it? BTW where did you get those trays from? Have a merry christmas and hope you continue to inspire us in 2009.

Mandy said...

Tags look fab, and what a lovely idea to give the cookies away like that, fabulous!

Mandy

Melanie said...

I just LOVE this idea for the cookies. It's just wonderful!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails