December 27, 2008

Computer Info Notebook

Hi everyone! I think I have a Christmas hangover. I've been working on Christmas projects, gifts, recipes, etc for so long that I don't know what to do with myself now! We had a wonderful holiday but I'm glad it's over now. I'm ready to start the new year off with a bang.

A few days ago, I posted some basket tags that I made to get my organizing going. Today I made a new computer information notebook that will hold all of my family's favorite websites, passwords, website addresses, etc. You can see that my old notebook in the background was looking pretty shabby. My notebook was super easy to make. I simply cut my front and back pieces of cardstock to measure 4" x 6", which will match the size of the lined notecards I used for the guts of the book. I decorated my notebook front just like a card, using background papers from October Afternoon, velvet ribbon and dressed up buttons. I bound it all together using my Bind It All machine. You can see the inside of my book below, just simple, lined, 4" x 6" notecards.
And here's a shot of the back, using some leftover October Afternoon patterned paper. The base cardstock of the front and back covers are Papertrey Kraft cardstock with the edges inked in white ink.
For my fonts, I used Just Rite Stampers Brayton Font and rectangle wood stampers. Both of these sizes below come in one set so you get a good variety of font sizes. There's also a third size to round out the set. I used Versamagic Java ink to stamp my words. My circle image is cut out using a Spellbinder's Circle Die Template. I love that I always have just the right size of circle in my collection.
And here's my journal sitting by my notepad basket that I rejuvenated the other day with some stamped tags, using the same Brayton font.
You'll be seeing lots more organizational ideas from me.....I'm on a roll, baybee!
Sale: Be sure to check out the JustRite blog for some great sales going on. You can get the details HERE.

13 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

What a great idea!! I can't tell you how many times I can't remember a username/password combination on a website! Thanks Mish! :)

Michele Kovack said...

I really need to do this myself! Could you just make an extra? : )

Tandra said...

laiOh cool idea! I have so many different passwords, and just rely on my brain *snort* to remember it all!
Thank for the inspiration!
Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I've been wanting to make a list of these passwords but now I have the inspiration to actually get it done! Thank you sooooo much for sharing...

Sandy said...

cool idea.

DeeDee said...

Ooooh, I love your idea!!! I just have a big ole rolodex to keep all my stuff in....but its not cute like your little book is!!! HUGS!!!

Dottie K. said...

I started doing a computer book a few months ago. It was getting to hard to remember all the passwords. Of course yours is so cute. I just used a book from Michael's, I don't have a bind-it-all machine. I love organization and post info on my blog and love to read others suggestions. Looking forward to more. :)

Michelle Whitlow said...

Hi there! I'm new to your blog. Love the notebook!! I just did a little notebook for Xmas preparations for next year. Now I think I need to do one like yours! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

WOW! this is great. Thanks for sharing this idea. I need to do this myself. I have so many passwords and usernames I can't remember either. Happy New Year!!!

Chelsea said...

Great Idea!!!

I have tons of websites that i like to visit and passwords galore .. nice way to keep all of that info organized ... and sooo cute!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! This is a fabulous idea! I have so many passwords its amazing I can remember them all!!!!! I'm so going to do this!

Vina said...

I love this idea! I wa sooo tired of hunting thru stacks of post it notes just to find a password. I just made a little booklet for myself & I am so happy that everything's alphabetically organized & compact. Thank you so much for your inspiration! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I reached right down into my drawer and got out some index cards and put them on my stamping table for my next visit there! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!!
Lynnor

Related Posts with Thumbnails