October 12, 2011

Swimming for Katie....

Hello friends. Today I'd like to share the link to a fundraiser for Katie Renz. Katie was diagnosed with an inoperable cancer in December 2010. Since then Katie has shared her journey with cancer through many posts. I have spent the last hour wiping away tears as I've read Katie's story on her blog. I hurt for Katie and her family.

Cancer is such an ugly disease. I hate it. I hate that my mom had cancer reoccur three times when I was a teenager. I hate that her face is scarred from it. I hate that some of my precious family members and friends have died from cancer. I hate that my mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer just this year. I hate that a great teacher at our high school just died from cancer before school started.

But I LOVE that friends and family come together for a cause. I love that my mother-in-law has just completed her radiation and her outlook is 100% hopeful. I love that my mom still lives next door to me. I love that there are people willing to share of themselves to help others.

Please take some of your time today to visit the i {heart} papers blog to learn the details of how you can help. Links are provided for stamps and digital images that are for sale to help support Katie. 100% of the profits go to Katie and her family. You can purchase stamps or you can do like I did and make a donation just by clicking the *donate* payment button at the link above. There are also links to a 3 day blog hop, with many designers participating. Please help in any way that you can.

Katie, my prayers go out to you and your family.

2 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Thanks for spreading the word and helping Katie!

christina #4635 said...

My heart goes out to Katie and her family. I ordered my stamp last night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails