October 11, 2011

Project Life Update....

Project Life...Week of July 31-August 6

Lots going on this week.....summer canning, school shopping, Jordan got her iPad2, and prepping for our summer vacation.

Here's the two page spread. This week I used lots of papers from the My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pads. I can see that 6 x 6 pads are going to become a staple for my Project Life. Perfectly scaled patterns, takes up less storage space, very easy to mix and match with my other supplies. I also used Studio Calico sticky notes, Elle's Studio tags, Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday stamps and Papertrey's Road Trip stamp set.
Here's the left layout. I usually pick 1 or 2 photos in the weekly lineup which will decide the color/theme of my chosen supplies. The pretty jars of peach jam was my highlight inspiration photo this week. All of my papers have a warm feel to them + I also used some aqua blues to match my small suitcase, Jordan's shirt and the blue sky from some other photos. Suitcase sticker is from the American Crafts Amy Tangerine line. All journaling this week was done with my vintage typewriter.
Here's the right layout. A common theme this week was to use a strip of patterned paper on the left side of a journaling card.
Here's my dated insert. I used patterned paper, stickers, a punched circle for the dates and an Elle's Studio large circle accent. See the end of my post for a fun tip..
Here I used the *road trip* phrase from Papertrey's Road Trip stamp set. It's stamped on a Studio Calico sticky note. Love those little things.
More SC sticky notes + a little snippet from Elle's Studio for the date. Cloud chipboard piece is from Studio Calico. Used my Tiny Tim stapler to keep it secured.
Here I used my Bic Mark-its to create the *she loves it* title. Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Cream twine add a little bit of interest to the white space on the right journaling card.
Here I used a Smash Book journaling sheet to type my journaling + I added a punched circle that has been stamped with Ali's Technique Tuesday stamps. On the right is one of my favorite journaling cards....I used a Fabrip piece from Studio Calico plus a piece of My Mind's Eye patterned paper to create two vertical, notched banners. Sticky note is from Studio Calico.
And now for a tip: I used one of the foldable journaling insert cards from the Project Life kit to create my main dated insert. I left it unfolded, stitched on some patterned paper, used a 1-3/4" circle punch to fill in the raised circle area + added some sticker letters to an Elle's Studio large circle tag. Very easy to transform cards that may not match otherwise.
Okay, so how are we doing on our Project Life pages? Are you caught up? Me...no. But I'm getting there and am enjoying the process. I also love to see what others are doing with their Project Life pages.....so please post links in the comment section. :) And who else is excited about the new Project Life kits coming soon? Meeeeee.

19 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

lovelovelove all the little details on your journaling cards!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

starting my 1st PL in the new year, and I'm so inspired by yours!!!!!

Sheri Twing said...

Wow! I love your PL! Definitely one of my favs I've seen!

DawnBeery said...

Love your project life pages! I can't wait for the new release!

Jenni said...

GORGEOUS PL! i love everything you have done here!!

Anonymous said...

I've had my project life box for close to a year. Hasn't even left the box. I just can't seem to get inspired to do one. I love looking at everyone's though. I don't have a life that would allow me to make the album. I work, sleep, avoid people. Love what you do with yours though.

Cele Schaffer said...

This is my favorite spread of your project life so far! The colors are just perfect and all the little details make it come alive. This is inspiring me to try PL for 2012 even though it seems very overwhelming. I also want so much to do December Daily this year and am making the commitment to start. I can so relate to Jordan as I have been saving my $$ also for the I-Pad but was hoping I-Pad3 would be out before Christmas. May have to follow her lead and go with #2!

Shay said...

I have been enjoying your Project Life posts and they are really helping me to consider trying it out this year. Thanks for posting all you do.

Anonymous said...

The little details really transform this into your own design... so cool.

Unknown said...

Love the details! I'm excited to start project life in January, and you have such great inspiration. Thank you!

Rachelle said...

Congrats on being featured on Becky's blog. I love seeing your PL updates. I too cannot wait until November to order my new PL kit!!!! so exciting.

listgirl said...

I love your Project Life pages and always enjoy your updates. You can see my PL pages here on my blog: http://www.listgirl.com/search/label/ProjectLife

I'm also very excited to get my hands on the 2012 new PL editions, especially the Clementine one because it's designed by my friend Lili Niclass.

Tracy said...

Wow! I love your PL pages. I have been wanting to start, that you for the inspiration.

Nicole said...

I LOVE how you have a theme going on each week. I actually just received my first little white box this afternoon and can't wait to start it after the new year!

Karen B said...

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us, it is soooo inspiring!

Vera said...

Lovely pages. I am bookmarking you for reference for when I work on my Project Life :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Hey Mish! Saw this, and instantly thought of you... seems to combine some of your favourite things - gourds and washi tape! ;)

http://www.artfaithlove.com/2010/11/plaid-pumpkin/

Ursula Schneider said...

this entire thing looks awesome! TFS

Kristine D. said...

What program do you use to collage your photos -- getting four photos on one 4x6? Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails