October 18, 2011

Fall Birthday Cards...

Hi there, I'm back today with a few Fall birthday cards. Lots of October birthdays in my family so it's been fun gettin' crafty this month. My cards today were inspired by a scrapbook page by Keisha Campbell. You can view the page here at Keisha's blog. I was particularly inspired by the clever use of her little banner she created with manila tags and baker's twine. So off to work I went. Be sure to stay a while at Keisha's blog, she does amazing work. Thank you for the inspiration, K.

Here are my two completed birthday cards, I just love the Fall color palette.
I started off by creating the tags for the card banners. All of my papers I used today are from a 6 x 6 pad of My Mind's Eye patterned paper....Darling Deer I believe it's called. I added some pieces to Small Manila Tags, splattered with October Afternoon Sprinkler spray mist and then cut the tags into flags. The tags were topped with Studio Calico chipboard butterflies and tied with Vintage Buttons in Terracotta Tile. I used Chocolate Baker's Twine for the buttons and to create the garland.
For the card bases, I used Rustic White and more of the MME patterned paper. Using Papertrey's Birthday Bash Sentiments I made two separate pieces for the sentiments. One was stamped on scrap paper that I notched with scissors and the other was stamped onto a Label Basics shape. You can see below that I stitched all the sentiment pieces to my cardstock piece before I adhered it to the card front. This way, no stitching shows on the inside of the card.
So happy to have a few more cards crossed off the list this month.
How about you? Have you made your card list for this month? Have you mailed out any cards? Make your list and get crafty! :)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Ohhh my Mishie! I think these are some of my very most favorite cards of yours. Love the design, but also all of the sweet colors and elements.
Wonderful!
Melis

Cele Schaffer said...

Loving your use of the spray mists! Just wanted to say I went to your soup recipe which got me SO excited about the holidays and wondering if you and Melissa will be blowing us away with the 12 days of Christmas this year?? I look forward to it all year! The Christmas cards and box you made recently were absolutely beautiful.

Cindy Lyles said...

I can remember and know exactly which Keisha layout you speak of! These are amazing Mish, as always!

Unknown said...

These are great! I love that these cards would work for guys too. I have hard time making masculine cards. I want them all to be frilly and floral. For some reason, the guys don't seem to be that into it. ;)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I have a great bit pile of these tags just waiting to see some ink... thank you for the wonderful inspiration!! Gosh, I love coming to visit you :)

Michelle said...

I love tags! Cute way to use them.

Keisha said...

wow, LOVE your tags/cards! Gorgeous work! I have to give you a big thanks for also linking...and for the beautiful compliments in your post!!
Keisha

Related Posts with Thumbnails