October 20, 2011

Holiday Planners & More...

'Tis the season for my much anticipated Holiday Planners. When the holiday season rolls around, all of my friends and family look forward to their Holiday Planner so that they can begin jotting down gift ideas, recipes, long to do lists and more. I like to hand out the Holiday Planners at least by November 1st and this year I'm adding in a few other items to make a perfect "re-gift". Here's a little shot of the merry little mess I created down in the Craft Department.

Every year I love to use a simple red and white color scheme for the holidays. Sometimes I leave it at that....and other times like this year, I'm adding in some aquas and greens to the mix. I'm also going with a candy cane stripe as you can see in the patterned papers and twine in my photo below.
Here's the whole gift ensemble. My idea is that in addition to my usual Holiday Planner, I'm also going to include 2 cards with envelopes and 2 gift tags with enclosure sacks. Many times the recipient will say "It's too cute to use"...or...."I want to keep all of it for myself". Well this year they can keep all of it. Or they can keep the Holiday Planner and give the rest away. Or they can keep the Holiday Planner + 1 card + 1 tag and give the rest away. You get the idea? I think I'm going to type up a little note enclosure that says this is the perfect *re-gift* and how this is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

The time is critical here for handing these out. I plan to give mine out by November 1st. This way the recipient can start using their Holiday Planner & other items. It's also a nice way to give a little gift to someone you don't buy something big or expensive for. And it's great to get together with the recipient early in the season before all the hustle and bustle starts.

Okay, here's what I did for my ensemble of goodies. Each piece has some similar items:

*Kraft cardstock base with white splatters (I used Studio Calico white Mister Huey)
*1 vertical, wide strip of aqua colored candy cane patterned paper from Candy Cane Prints
*1 vertical, narrow strip of red colored candy cane patterned paper (see above link)
*1 horizontal strip of Rustic White cardstock with sentiment (except tags)
*1 tiny pint jar embellishment with snowflake embellishment
For the Holiday Planner I used 2 White Notepads so that the notebook will be thicker and last a little longer through the holiday season.
All jar embellishments use the smaller friendship jar from the Friendship Jar Summer Fillers stamp set. The Pint Jar die is sold separately and makes mass producing these projects a breeze. I created 5 total jar embellishments and then started the projects from there. I colored each jar with a Copic marker, just around the edges. The pinked paper is from Crate Paper's Peppermint line. The snowflake die is from the Peace Be Still Collection. Snowflake stamp is from In the Meadow. Pure Poppy Vintage Buttons and Red Baker's Twine are from the PTI store.

For the sentiments, I used Take Note. It's still a favorite set of mine that Nichole designed from my concept sketches. Paper is from Crate Paper's Peppermint Collection. Vintage ribbon is from my stash.
Here's what the inside of the Holiday Planners look like. I use Scor-Tape to adhere the notebooks to the cardstock cover. Note: I do not have measurements for the cutting and scoring for the notebooks. I mark where I want to cut & score with my fingernail. The measurements are so small that they never turn out right when I go by a set number. I just make sure to add a little extra to the cardstock cover so that it fully covers the notebooks. For the notebook enclosure, I used a brown paper sack from my shop that I trimmed down and stitched around.
Here are the pair of cards. Same concept for the jar embellishment and patterned papers. For the sentiment strip, I used my Scor-Pal to create 2 raised lines on the top and bottom of the strip. That just adds a little dimension without the addition of more papers, inks, etc. These cards could easily be used as Christmas cards, thank you cards or well into the winter months of next January, February, etc. The *just a note * and hand are from Take Note. The *Winter wishes* is from Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers.
Here are a duo of tags that are made with the new Tag Sale #5 die. It's a new favorite of mine too. The sentiment is from Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers. Red chevron sacks are from my shop.
And there ya have it, a fun little ensemble that will surely put the recipient in the holiday spirit. The perfect re-gift! Hope you enjoy!

Note: You can click on the *Notebooks* label at the end of this post to see all my previous blog posts featuring my notebook creations.

40 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Awesome gift sets, Mish! Who wouldn't want to receive one of these? I'd be thrilled, but totally understand them not wanting to use it. So pretty to look at…so easy to hoard. : )

Mandalika said...

This are wonderful, I would be delighted to recieve one of these! Great idea to include little extras in the same style.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Awesome!! No wonder your friends wait for these so excitedly. I seriously LOVE every tag you ever make... but then, I am addicted to tags.... :)

Donna said...

There are not enough "oooooo"s and "aaaaaaaa"s for this set of beauties. I could not love them more or be more inspired. Fabulous!!!

Holly Saveur said...

Super cute Mish love the colors and design and ideas..thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Simply wonderful Michelle and thanks for such a detailed post.

LuAnn said...

fantastic set and I love that you give out holiday planners! so thoughtful! but way too pretty to give away LOL

Suzanne Russell said...

I love this idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Peggy said...

Love the whole ensemble and the thoughtfulness behind it.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Kristy Hansen said...

thank you for the detailed instructions on how to make these great little gifts. I think they are so cute. I want one for myself. Off to look thru some of my goodies to see if I can use up some Xmas paper from last year before I dig into this year's stash. :)

Pat said...

OMG!! I just found your website and all I can wonder is how much I have been missing out on!! Your projects are sooo beautiful and whimsical! I LOVE all of them! Thank you so much for inspiring the rest of us!

jintyoo7 said...

Delightful notebooks, love the red and white theme :o)

Anne said...

Still laughing at comment from Pat above. I still remember the awe when I found your site all those years ago. Thank you as always for the wonderful inspiration. I have 50 notebooks to make tonight. Will definitely be visiting for ideas.

Marian said...

Those are really cute. What a great way to stay organized.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only person who "measured" with their fingernail. Good to know I'm not alone!

Danielle Flanders said...

These are so cute, Mish!

Cele Schaffer said...

These gifts are SO beautiful! You never cease to amaze me...I quickly had to go online and order Crate Paper Peppermint! Have you seen the new October Afternoon Holiday Style?? Swooning over all the Christmas deliciousness this year to pair with my new PTI Christmas stuff!

Cele Schaffer said...

P.S. Posts like this through November would really satisfy our craving for 12 days of Christmas (LOL!)... Just sayin. All kidding aside, your work is so amazing that I look forward to getting to the computer every day to see what you have done next. What an inspiration you are to so many people.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I have coppied your notebooks and everyong LOVES them!
Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas!
Susan

jan metcalf said...

Great gifting Mish! Pretty color combo and the little pint jars are perfect!

Marlena M. said...

Such a great idea! I love the color scheme. ;)

Debbie Olson said...

So darling, Mish!

Rose said...

I love these gift sets!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a fun get ready for Christmas post! All your project are sure to delight anyone and get their Christmas mojo going. Love it Michelle, thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with your notebooks and tags! You are so inspiring!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Michelle, this are wonderful gifts! Not only are you giving a bit of yourself in what you created for them, but you used images that you designed as well.

I love the touch of aqua with the red and white!

Lynda said...

Fabulous set...very inspiring ideas!! Thanks for sharing, Mish!!

LindaSonia said...

This set is gorgeous... wish they were available to buy ready made...

lisa westphal said...

**A-MA-ZING**!!!! I am SURE your friends are squealing with joy as they see this year's planner and goodies!! I am excited for them! -LOL!! :)
**Please promise to NEVER STOP CRAFTING! :) My heart skips a beat each time I visit your blog!! <3

StinkerbellSteph said...

Absolutely charming projects! I love the color combo, the embroidered red detail, and how fun it would be to pull this out of your purse or on your desk to keep things organized. Would make it all a little less stressful to have this cheerful planner to organize it. TFS!

Gabby said...

Very nice gift ensemble! Love the cards ... colors and design! :)

Nicole said...

WOW! These are the cutest gift sets ever!! Thanks for the very thorough explanation too. So cool!

Bobbie Lynn said...

You amaze me with all your beautiful work. I enjoy your blog and I love your "project life" album too. Looks like a lot of fun to do.
Have a great weekend.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

I LOVE these! Such a great idea to give them out early so they can use them for this season, rather than giving them at Christmas and then having to wait a year to use them :)

Paper and Ribbons said...

What a great idea Mish, you've inspired me to make my own holiday planners!

Angela Pyjas said...

Im telling you, You are so very creative! This is a great idea! Thanks do much for all your great inspiations! Your Awesome!

Diana F. said...

I am such a huge fan of your notebooks. I was so excited to see you posting some new ones. I agree with you, I think sending them out the 1st of November is key. So my plan today is to pull up some Christmas music on Pandora and make some notebooks.
Thank you for sharing your talent, I cannot imagine papercrafting without you or PTI.

Veridiana Fromm said...

Ich liebe deine Jar-Entwürfe!

Schönes Wochenende,
Veridiana

Pam said...

Wow! Awesome sets! I would love one of these & would be one of the people who doesn't awnt to give it away. Fabulous!

Paper and Ribbons said...

What a fabulous idea Mish, I just had to have a go and make my own!

Holiday Lists Notebook

Ang x

Related Posts with Thumbnails