March 13, 2011

Tiny Tags

Welcome to the second Group Post for the March Papertrey Ink release. Today Nichole and the Design Team are showcasing Tiny Tags, with original concepts by Melissa Phillips. What a perfect little set Melissa thought of.....now we can all make little tags like the ones Melissa uses on her sweet projects. This set is full of tiny tags stamp images that have coordinating dies + lots of small sentiments that fit in the tag openings. Today I'm going to show you my Project Life pages that I worked on for this week using Tiny Tags and other products from this month's release. If you'd like to see any of my other Project Life pages just click on the label at the end of this post.

Project Life...week of March 13th

This is my double page spread showing my photos and journaling card inserts. Journaling will be added and some of the photos will be changed out once the week progresses. My theme for this week is about how lucky I feel...I will be showing photos of things I love and how I feel about each photo.
The left side of my two page spread which includes the 4 x 6 weekly date insert.
And the right side of my two page spread.
For each two page spread there is a 4 x 6 insert which has the month circled and gives the time frame for this week's photos. To embellish this insert I used a large manila tag, some chipboard stickers, small letter stickers and a journaling block from the Green Boutique patterned paper collection. If you click on the link you can see that there are sheets that contain text blocks which are perfect for Project Life and scrapbooking in general. I stitched around my tag with green thread and tied New Leaf Baker's Twine through the hole on the tag. For the striped patterned paper accent, I used the small scalloped border die.
Now onto my journaling card inserts. It was so fun to embellish this week's card with the new Tiny Tags stamps/dies. I kept with mostly a green theme because of the St. Patrick's Day holiday this week. For the card on the left I used a circle die with heart + patterned paper. I also used a polka dot heart stamp/die + some stamped stitched heart images that come in the set. I machine stitched across the entire row of hearts with green thread. For the date stamp I used a Labels Basics stamp/circle die. For the card on the right I used another text block image and embellished the top with a snippet of patterned paper + machine stitching. The *good stuff* stamp is from stamp I had in my stash from years ago.
The journaling card on the left was embellished with the new Flower Fusion #2 stamps and die. This block will correspond with photos about the country life. The right journaling card was embellished with a simple stamped tag that has the *enjoy* stamped inside. I stitched on the tag and then added a brad. This journaling card will tell about how much I enjoy my job and how lucky I feel to work from home, doing what I love.
The left journaling card here is for Eric's birthday coming up this week. I used the awesome numbers dies + Green Boutique patterned paper. The star tag from Tiny Tags was stamped, die cut and stitched on with my sewing machine. I'll be adding in an additional 8.5 x 11 page with more photos from Eric's birthday. The journaling card on the right features 3 die cut and stamped flower tags from Tiny Tags. I stitched over all three then added an Epoxy Dome Sticker over each flower. The paper on the top edge was die cut with the Small Scalloped Border die. This journaling card will correspond with a photo of the reds. For this journaling card I used two square Tiny Tags with the words *Mom* and *Dad*. The & sign is from Get to the Point. This card will correspond on photos that I want to take of our parents and how lucky I feel to have all of them in our lives still. The journaling card on the right features another Tiny Tag stamped and die cut tag with the *hello friend* sentiment. I tied it with more baker's twine and adhered it over a ric rac die cut snippet of patterned paper. I used another circle from Label Basics for the date stamp. This card will correspond with the cell phones photo, talking about how lucky I am to be able to correspond with friends all over the world via phone and computer. And that will wrap up this week's Project Life. I really enjoyed using Papertrey products on these pages and look forward to incorporating more into my scrapbook pages.
I also created a card for today using the cute flower tag from Tiny Tags.
I thought the flowers would make adorable buttons so I reached for my Button Boutique supplies again (dies should be back in stock early this week so be watching the website). One fun discovery I made was that the small die cut flower tag from Tiny Tags nestles perfectly into the flower die from Flower Fusion #2 being released this month. I love this layered look.
My card also features the fun background prints from Background Basics: Twinkle which will be introduced this month. This is a delicate little background that I know I will reach for often. As you can see below my card, I was really inspired by my Moda Bliss fabrics. Many of my color combinations were inspired by fabrics this month.
And there ya have it for my projects today. Please visit Nichole's and the other Design Team blogs to see even more uses for Tiny Tags:

20 comments:

Noreen said...

I love all the different shapes of the tiny tags - and the way you used them!

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous. Love the look of the twine.

Jill Norwood said...

Love the project life inspiration on your blog. My husband has brain cancer and I just ordered project life to try and document our journey as a family and to keep as many memories written down as I can for our son and for myself too. I know I will refer back to your blog posts for help when I get started. Love how you incorporate your PTI stamps into the scrapbook pages! You are such an inspiration! :) Jill / Seattle Wa.

Eveline said...

Great work. Love the use of the stamps on your layouts.
Eveline.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Wow! Your project life layout turned out great, but I think I'm most excited by your darling card! I adore it and I love your discovery of how the two flower dies can be layered! So cute! :)

Kim H. said...

I love the button card! Those cards just make me smile every time. What wonderful memories they bring to the surface each time I see it! Also, your project life book is so beautiful. I wish I had done it this year. I will for sure do it next year now! I just love how you capture life.

Sudha said...

Stunning creations dear.

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Michelle! I love the colors you chose for your layouts and the card is so sweet!

Erin said...

This is awesome. I love how you stitch acrossed all of the embellishments.

Elaine A said...

Michelle -

Awesome work, love the layout! And how clever of you to turn the little tags into buttons! LOVE THEM!

Elaine Allen

Sallie424 said...

I just love your blog. Your creativity with a joyful spirit is like the first warm spring day we can have anytime we visit :)

Diana said...

I love looking at your Project Life layouts, I love the creativity and how you pull in many different stamping elements into the design. My jaw dropped when I saw the card, loved the colors and design. It is such a joy to come to your site, you put a lot of time into showing us pictures/text of how you do things, I learn every time I come to this blog, thank you.

Unknown said...

Talk about inspired, WOWeee! I just got my PL album 2 weeks ago and I'm feelin good having the basics done up through March so far. I'd LOVE to kick it up a notch like this!! But with twins coming soon, I may only be dreamin :) Still, keep that inspiration coming!

jan metcalf said...

Your fancy buttons are SEW cute!!

Gabby said...

Tags are nicely used on your s.b. page. Very cute card, as well! :)

Judy said...

I love your sccrapbook pages as they inspire me to work on my scrapbooks.

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is fun! I love all the colorful elements! Makes you feel happy!
Hugs, Wendy

carole said...

Beautiful project ! The more you avance into your projetc, better it is. Thanks for sharing.

Simply Shaz said...

Oh...this is just simply adorable! Those colours are FAB!
Loving the look of your project life album. I've been meaning to do one myself for the ast 3 years...lol Maybe next year will be the year i eventually do it.
Shaz x

Unknown said...

You do such a GREAT job. Your cards are special and I would be proud to send anyone of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails