March 18, 2011

craftworthy day cards...

Hi guys. Today I have some cards to share that were inspired by this colorful fabric from Amy Butler (I think....my fat quarter didn't have any of the edge on it). I love picking up fat quarters of fabric because they're just the right size to work with. In case you didn't know, a fat quarter is a 1/4 of a yard of fabric but it's cut differently. Usually with a 1/4 of a yard of fabric, you'll get 9" x by whatever width the fabric is. That's a pretty long and narrow piece of fabric to work with. So now shops offer fat quarters....still 1/4 yard of fabric but it's cut 18" x 22". They're usually priced $2.50-$2.75. Love 'em. Look for them in little baskets right near the full bolts that are of the same pattern.
When I picked up this fat quarter, I loved how bright and tropical the pattern was. Sometimes those patterns are hard to work with though because the colors are hard to match. No fear because I knew I'd have plenty of Papertrey Vintage Buttons to work with. I chose Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse and Orange Zest.
The pink in this fabric is extremely bright, almost neon pink. I remembered I have a few of these envelopes left in the shop. Perfect color match for the pink.
I whipped up some button cards using the Button Card die and coordinating Button Boutique stamps. I placed a Martha Stewart paper doily under a snippet of pinked fabric then stitched around twice with orange thread and my sewing machine. I placed an Orange Parcel Tag on the background of the card. Sentiment was stamped on a Double Ended Banner die and adhered with pop dots.
A perfect little stash of cards to mail out to some crafty friends.
Hope you enjoy! Yesterday I was parked on the couch most of the day with a head cold. I kept my sketch book nearby and sketched up 4 pages of button card ideas. You'll be seeing lots more button cards. :)

8 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

These projects are gorgeous, Mish! I am so happy to see Button Card projects and hear that more are on the way! I've had my stamp set since last month, and my dies are in the mail... can't wait, such a fabulous set. I hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards Mish! I love that Amy Butler fabric too, and have made many things from it as gifts ;)
Your button cards are cute - I'm looking forward to seeing more of those when you're feeling better! I totally adore Button Boutique!!
Hugs, Ruth S
PS. I have a Button Boutique idea on my blog tomorrow (for my Sketch-On-Saturday post). Check it out if you fancy ;)

Renee said...

If this is what we get from you when you're sick...
no wonder we gasp with all of your projects when you're well!
Gorgeous!
Love everything about it...
and will definitely be CASEing for crafty friends!:)
Thanks so much for sharing this fabby card!

Janet L. said...

Cute, cute, cute projects, Mish. I hope you're feeling better today!

Sudha said...

Awesome, lovely creations. Hope u r feeling better now.

Tasha said...

oooh love these colours they look gorgeous together, loving the button card nd all those yummy buttons too
love tasha xx

Diana F. said...

I am so in love with these bright, happy colors. I cannot get enough of the Button Boutique cards, love, love, love them. Thank you for all the work that you do on this blog. I was reading your Tweets recently and saw that you were making notes of designs for more Button Boutique cards, I am so excited! I do hope you are feeling better. It seems everyone I know right now is sick, bring on the spring and summer!

Sharon said...

Yeah for the button cards! My die is on its way, so I can't wait to get started :) Bought brand new pinking shears and some fat quarters of my own for a different project, but can use the leftover to scrap-copy some tags! Thanks for the idea :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails