March 16, 2011

new tent topper design

Hey everyone! Happy, Happy Birthday to my hubster Eric! In celebration, I'm going to get my hair done today in the city and then head to a quilt shop and antique shop. I love birthdays! LOL!!

I also love these little cards I made for the Papertrey release this month. I was working with Sending You and Ribbon Tails but didn't have a real plan for a card design. So I just started die cutting and stamping some elements. I also ended up stamping the flower from Flower Fusion #2 and another larger flower from orange felt. Love the orange and gray color combo with the Vintage Cream buttons.
Next I just started layering pieces and stamping on images. This new rounded die cut from Sending You is so fun to work with. Something new and a little different. I kinda liked the Ribbon Tails accent under the flower and then loved the stamped leaves with the sentiment below.
Then I had these Fine Linen pieces sitting nearby. I cut four from one 8.5 x 11 sheet....so each one measured 2.75 " x 8.5", then folded in half.
I added some old book print to the front for a nice background.
And then it came to me to make mini Tent Topper cards. I came up with this original design years ago and have been using the design over and over again ever since. You can see many of my other Tent Topper card designs by clicking the *Tent Topper* label at the end of my post today.
By aligning the focal piece above the top of the card, this acts as the topper to the tent folded card, hence the name Tent Topper. As long as you keep the total height of the card under 5.5" it still fits in an A2 sized envelope. Can't wait to make a few more of these. I might try a version of these for Easter cards.
Hope you enjoy! Have a great day. I'm off to the city!

15 comments:

Becky said...

Cracking up that you're treating yourself on Eric's birthday :) In reality, it's all for him, right? Lol Love these little cards! Would they fit in a regular envelope?

Anne said...

Ha Ha. Just like something I would do. Three birthdays in my house this week. I love spring.

Debbie R. said...

I like the new version of your tent topper cards. I love making them, but I wish they turned out as pretty as yours! Have fun today!

Jennifer Chapin said...

Very cute cards Michelle! Have fun in the city today :)

Melissa Sauls said...

LOL!!! Love how you are celebrating his birthday with some " you" time!! Totally sounds like something I would do. :). Love your project here....well, just really love anything you create! :)

Julie said...

Have a wonderful day in the city! Love these fun cards...I'll be casing them as soon as my PTI goodies arrive!

Bugga in OK said...

Great cards, Mish! Makes me wish I'd ordered that cute die. Oh well, next time.

You were making darling tent cards when I first found your blog several years ago. You continue to inspire me with your boundless enthusiasm and creativity!

Tasha said...

Oh fab design, great colours and fabulously cute. I love that you make them in sets, i would love to try and do that but not sure id have the patience
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Wowsers - these are *seriously* cute Mish. I never tire of seeing your tent topper cards. They always seem as fresh as the first! Love that!
This colour combo is to-die-for.
Hope you got some good shopping done, hugs, Ruth S ;)

wanda50 said...

Mish...
I love this card and I can't wait to get my hot little hands on my new stash of goodies soon...as they should be shipping by Friday I hope. This was another great release and because of you and the wonderful Design Team at PTI...I am hooked on everything. Tell the hubster "Happy Birthday" from Nascar Country in Martinsville, VA home of the Martinsville Speedway.

Denise Young said...

Nice :)

margot said...

What is your secret for stamping the images so perfectly in the diecut shapes? I love the look just can't believe I'd be capable of doing that! :)

jan metcalf said...

Very cute, love the orange and gray together!

Scraplaflus' said...

Magnifique, j'adore vos réalisations. Bravo
Aurélie (France)

The Mad Scrapper said...

I've never heard of a tent topper card until I came across your blog. I want to thank you for the inspiration this card has provided. I tried to order all necessary supplies to make this card but sadly some items were sold out so I had to tweak it a little. I am happy with the new sketch though. I had no idea how quickly the "new release" items went at PTI. Thank you again for sharing.

Melissa,
ScrapinMadCrafts@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails