March 15, 2011

fabric inspiration + floral cards

Hey there. It's the day after the big Papertrey release. I hope you got some fun goodies to play with. I'm excited to get back to my supplies and stamp some more. I'm also looking forward to playing with these wonderful new Moda Bliss fabrics I got this week.
Although I didn't have time to create anything with my new fabrics, they sat patiently in my craft room and offered colorful inspiration for my paper crafting projects. Over at Nichole's blog, she's got her day after post which features some of her favorite projects from the Design Team. This is the card she picked from my PTI gallery and it's my favorite too.
I used Sending You, Background Basics: Gingham, Ribbon Tails and lots of colorful inks + new dies on this one. After having 2" of snow again yesterday this card is like a breath of Spring to me. Love the rainbow of colors. To create the flower accent I stamped the flower in pink ink and then used a marker to color the edges, dragging color into the center of the stamp. Then I huffed on the stamp and inked up my die cut.
This is another card from my PTI gallery this month featuring Flower Fusion #2 and the coordinating flower die. A little bit of gingham background and and a Tiny Tag was also thrown into the mix.
Oh those sweet little tags are so fun. Hope you enjoyed all the inspiration this month.
I'll be back in my stamp room this week, finishing up my Project Life pages....stamping Eric a birthday card...and a few get well cards. Hope you're able to get inky this week! Have a great day everyone and as always, thanks for stopping by my blog. Stay tuned this week as I show you more of this month's PTI projects + a few other goodies. :)

11 comments:

Simply Shaz said...

2 VERY beautiful cards..LOVE them :) Ooh that fabric looks 'delish' Great idea to use the inspiration from the fabric for your cards. Can't wait to see what you create with the fabric though :)
Shaz x

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards as ever Mish! I can see how that fabric pile is *totally* inspiring as well ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Renee said...

Gorgeous cards!
The first one just made me happy...love the Spring colors!
And the 2nd one...
again Happy!:)
Love that gingham!
And can't wait for my goodies to get here!
On that note...LOVE Postmarks!
Thanks so much for granting wishes...(I have another one for you) love, love, love it all:)
You and Betsy did an AMAZING job with that set and I just see so many possibilities!
Again...so amazing, so inspiring!

Melissa said...

Your PTI projects are the sweetest Mishie...love the fresh, playful colors. Enjoy your day.
Melis

Darla said...

Those cards are gorgeous, LOVE them!

Cassandra said...

Love all of those cards Mish, and your material pile too.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Love the colors, curious what you'll create with those. And wonderful cards with you, pretty mix of colors as well, wonderful!
Hugs, Wendy

Diana F. said...

I love both these cards, the colors just pulled me in. I am craving bright, happy colors. I just love those fabrics all lined up together. I would just want to stare at them all day, never touch them. So sad to hear you got snow. Hang in there, spring is on its way.

Sudha said...

Pretty creations dear.

Tasha said...

You totally rocked the florals, these cards are fabulous, love the colours and the fabulous layouts
love tasha xx

Sonya said...

Awesome cards--you have such talent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails