March 18, 2011

etsy tag + fun tag storage idea

Hey there, we're officially on Spring Break, woohoo! Today we're headed out for some softball fun + Dear Hubster offered to take me to my favorite shopping stop, Nell Hills. Yay!

I'll leave you with another project from the March Papertrey release. I'm always using tags for my Etsy business, adding them as little thank you's on wrapped tissue packages. Pine's new Tag-its #2 set is perfect for mass producing tags. I stamped the polka dotty circle image first then added in a flower and thank you sentiment.
Using a 1.75" circle punch I punched out all the circle tags. Next, using Maile's Modern Basics stamp set, I stamped a colorful border along the bottom of some Medium White Parcel Tags. I stitched around my tags with green thread.
Lastly, I adhered the circles to my tags with pop dots then added red baker's twine. Cute little additions to my Etsy packaging. Love. :)
Here's a fun tidbit that I'd like to share. I've been finding these vintage receipt holders or receipt spikes as they're sometimes called. I love the green ones. I use them to hold all my decorative masking tapes(from Etsy).
And also to hold my completed tags. Each time I create a little stash of tags I just add them to a receipt holder. Keeps them nice and neat + I love the vintage look.
Hope you enjoy! Have a fun weekend everyone!

10 comments:

roxanne obrien said...

As if I didn't want the sets enough, you made me want them more!!! These are beautiful and love the colors you used :)

Kim G said...

I didn't get that Modern Basics set, but now I wish that I had, love this!! The card you did with the Zing embossing powder also makes me want this set!!

Diana F. said...

Wow....ok, I did not get these particular sets and now I want them, good grief. You just have a way with design and color that makes me see stamp sets in a whole new way. You are just awesome.

Lynn said...

the tags are adorable! Love that idea for holding the tapes. You got me started on the "happy tape" kick. If I had them out on a pretty stand like that I would probably remember to use them more! tfs the idea!

Stephanie said...

these tags are so cute! I love the receipt holder idea, I'll be on the hunt for these now :)

Tammy said...

These are absolutely Stunning! I LOVE them thanks for the inspiration!

Shirlann said...

Whoa...what a brilliant idea for the receipt holders!! I remember the diner we used to frequent when I was a little girl had one sitting on the counter and as the meals went out, the cook would push a copy of the order over the nail! So fun!
Happy Spring Break to you...enjoy!

Linda Breedlove said...

Enjoyed looking at all your lovely little tags... what marvelous ideas you come up with. This stuff is just too cute!
Have a Happy Day!

Wendy ten Hove said...

I do get a real summery feeling visiting your blog!!! Love that! You really know how to use fresh and splashy colors!! Such pretty creations!
Hugs, Wendy

The Mad Scrapper said...

I am wondering where you buy your pretty masking tapes from? Thank you for the help :)

Melissa,
ScrapinMadCrafts@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails