March 29, 2011

Easter wishes card

Hey friends. I've been reading in the Papertrey forums that you'd like to see some Easter inspiration + there was a question as to what the double line image from the Label Basics stamp set was to be used for. I've got both of those covered in today's post. :)

Easter seems to be late on the calendar this year, April 24th. That gives us more time to create a few springy/Easter projects, right? I'm starting off with this colorful card that uses Friendship Jar and Friendship Jar Spring Fillers. Remember that if you want to use the jar image, it does not come with any of the fillers sets.
I decided to use the cute chick in the egg image for my card today. So cute and chubby. I'm also using the tied twine image that is a new addition. I love this look. For perfect placement, stamp it right where the jar starts to curve.

Using my Copics, I stamped the chick image and colored it with my Copics. You can see the fully colored image on the right. I cut the colored image out carefully with scissors and attached pop dots to the back. Next I stamped the image a second time onto a stamped and die cut jar image. Using just 2 of my Copic markers I colored the image, just making sure the very outside parts of the image were colored.
I did this double coloring so that when I adhered my fully colored image, you can see some of the image and coloring beneath. Many times when you purchase a store bought sticker embellishment, you will see this double layering with pop dots in between. Love that dimensional look and so easy to achieve with our own stash of products.
Before I adhered the fully colored chick image, I stamped my jar with the polka dot filler from the original Friendship Jar right over the partially colored chick. I love the pastel background and it doesn't overpower the chick image. Using the Jar Toppers die, I die cut and stamped the coordinating image from the original Friendship Jar set. My completed jar embellishment was adhered to a Dainty Doily that was sewn to a piece of Sassafras patterned paper. The *from the heart* sentiment from the Spring Fillers set was stamped right onto the doily, near the stitching.
The bottom of my card features some Angled Label Basics dies that were stamped with the Label Basics stamps. These labels will be staples in my supplies, I can tell already. To address the question in the PTI forums about what to do with the double line stamp image from Label Basics.....the line image is to stamp over the labels to create divisions. You can stamp the image right in the middle or to the side....you can create journaling lines of sorts. On the larger images, you can stamp a line in the middle to create a postcard looking division. Lots of possibilities. I can't wait to try it with my Project Life album....the date on one side with some journaling on the other.

Today I stamped two of the angled labels first then die cut them with the coordinating die. Erin Lincoln shared that it's easiest to stamp the labels first then die cut. I totally agree. Next I stamped the double line image on both of my labels. On one section I stamped the Easter wishes greeting from the Spring Fillers stamp set. On the other sections, I sewed on buttons. Lots of possibilities with the labels. A very basic set of stamps but oh so many options.
A pretty little card to add to my stash. I'll probably keep this one on my desk for a little Easter decoration for a while though.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by! Maybe someday it will actually seem like Spring around here.

22 comments:

Dianne said...

How BEAUTIFUL and what great inspiration for Easter cards! It's already in the 80s here in Florida, so I'm in a "Springtime frame of mind"!

Thanks for all you do!

Dianne

Cindy H. said...

This card is just adorable!! I love all the images and I have all the Friendship Jar images :) The colors are so pretty and Spring-y! tfs

Dianne said...

Absolutely adorable card. Love all the extra details.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Of COURSE! I had seen that little stamp, and couldn't figure it out, but now it makes perfect sense on those labels! :)

Lauren said...

Mish-this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm in love with that little chick! Love, love, love this card!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful...what a great, cheerful card. And thank you so much for your detailed response to my question about the "double line" stamp image in Label Basics. You are so thoughtful....and my 15 y.o. daughter says I am "famous" now because you addressed my question on your blog...hahaha!

Karen L.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this cute little chick card! I am sooo ready for Spring to be here (weather wise and not just calendar wise. Ü)

Kim H. said...

I love the card! I just got the friendship jar stamp set so I think this will be my Easter inspiration this year!! I also cant wait to try out the button die's that go with the Button Boutique vs. using real buttons! thanks!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Adorable!

Karen said...

The perfect Easter card. I love everything about it.

Diana F. said...

I love all the wonderful color on this card. Great Easter/spring inspiration. I need to get to work on some Easter cards, I keep going back to Button Boutique. I just cant put it down.

Lynn said...

So adorable. Love that chickie!

Chelsea said...

So cute chickeee!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Michelle,

This card is sooo tweet! ;-) Love the spring and easter colors that you used, looks awesome and there's a lot to see on the card and that chick is so funny!!

Hugs, Wendy

Kathy said...

So adorable!!

Country Mouse said...

So, so pretty! I love the soft, spring colors! Very pretty card!

Tasha said...

Wowzer! Such a beautiful and adorable card
love tasha xx

Lori said...

Hi Michelle,
I have a question for you, I don't have a sewing machine, but I love the look of fabric on cards, can you suggest a good glue for me to use instead of sewing fabric on my cards? A I love the look of stitching, but I don't like to sew!!
Hopefully you will have some great suggestions for me! There are so many cute fabrics out right now, I'm going crazy wanting to use some of them.
Lori

Jen said...

Beautiful as ususal!!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is sooo cute :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the sweet, baby colors. I enjoy so very much and admire your work! God bless!

Anne Tussing said...

This is SO adorable! I love the idea of coloring the image below your popped up image. That solves the problem of sometimes seeing the uncolored image peeping from underneath. I have to check out the Spring fillers set! I NEED it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails