March 31, 2011

Butterfly Kisses Revisited

Happy April and welcome to another Papertrey Senior Team group post. Today we're revisiting Butterfly Kisses. This was a go to set when I first ordered it and now I'm creating more fun projects that pair Butterfly Kisses with heat embossing, Clearly Creative Cardstock, and some new stamps + dies.

I started out by embossing butterfly images with Zing Grapefruit and Powder embossing powders. I embossed both on regular cardstock and the clear cardstock. Just be careful not to over heat on the clear cardstock or it will melt and warp. I also embossed images from Button Boutique and Sending You onto their coordinating dies.
You can see the dimension and shine that the embossing adds.
As a colorful background I punched 1-3/4" circles from Happy Spots patterned paper.
Next up I selected some patterned paper and Vintage Buttons from my stash and arranged my elements onto the die cut images.
I then adhered the butterflies and circles to the dies with Rustic Twine. I carefully bent the clear butterflies up so the wings looked all flittery. The buttons become the bodies for the butterflies.
And here's two of my finished cards that have a green and Aqua Mist color palette. I used sentiments from Sending You on these cards. One is a sympathy card and the other a happy hello card. So soft and serene. On the bottom of the right card I used the small scalloped die and the Label Basics set + coordinating die to create stitched on accents.
And here's the two cards I created with the pink butterflies. More bright and cheery colors on these two. For the card on the left I used Ribbon Tails to create a horizontal border with a sentiment from Sending You. On the card on the right I used another Label Basics stamp image + coordinating die. The large scalloped border die was used on the bottom of the card.
I hope I've inspired you to revisit Butterfly Wishes. As popular as butterflies are right now, it's a great stamp set to add to your collection if you don't have it yet. Perhaps we can add a butterfly die to our wish list for Nichole too? Thanks so much for joining me today. :)

For more inspiration from Nichole and the Senior Design Team, please link to their blogs here:

17 comments:

Sharon said...

I am getting ready to play with my button and post/labels dies and stamps this coming weekend. Find myself coming to your blog often for my inspiration. By the way-I learned today that the original name for butterfly was "flutterby". That makes so much more sense, wonder why it was switched around?

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Michelle!

These are gorgeous!! Love the butterflies with the pretty paper circle behind them! Amazing!

Hugs, Wendy

Chelsea said...

Love your embossed butterflies!

Carol (HB) said...

These are really adorable Mish! I have to dig out my clear cardstock - LOVE that look!

Lisa S. said...

OH! I love everything you've done with these butterflies. So fresh and contemporary. Thanks, Mish, for such great inspiration!

Theresia said...

Oh, you are always so inspirational. Love the ideas, thanks.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I always enjoy your blog when I can get to it. Today's no exception. I love your work. Always playful, skillful and it puts a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Karey said...

So unique!

Unknown said...

Beautiful;) I so love the dp papers you use. I don't recognize the patterns right off hand today can you tell me who they are from? TY

Gabby said...

Holy Moly! All of your butterfly creations and cards are AMAZINGLY pretty and cheery and so blasted cute! The last post with the contrasting papers ... wowza! All of the colors and the way you used the die-cuts ... you never cease to amaze and inspire me! :)

Noreen said...

I love how you paired the buttons with the butterflies! It's a really fun look.

Melissa said...

These are just the cutest things ever Mishie...adorable!
Melis

Stephanie said...

so, so pretty! I love these colors

Casmiles said...

I need a die or punch to match the butterfly kisses butterflies. GOTTA HAVE IT, please, please, please. I know that once I buy tht set, I'll be cutting lots and lots of them out, and I can just imagine how much easier (and enjoyable) and NEAT it would be if I had a punch!

karen b said...

I love this set--have used it often and every time it makes me smile. I really like the colors you used and can't wait to try embossing on clear card stock. Every thing you do inspires me!

Diana F. said...

I love the color and the creativity with the Button Boutique. I would never think to put images like butterflies with BB. This is why I come to your site every day, you help me become a better cardmaker. Thank you.

Anne Tussing said...

How adorable are these little gems!?!?! I love the butterflies on the clear cardstock and on the button cards. You're going to make me get those button cards yet!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails