April 30, 2008

Nature Inspiration Station

Edited: Hey everyone, just popping in to answer a few questions.

1. The Weight Watcher's cook book that had the coconut pie recipe is called WW 5 ingredients, 15 minutes...it's one of those magazine type cookbooks and the date said display til Feb 19, 2008, so not sure if it's till available.

2. The two large snail stamps are from Whipper Snapper and can be found under the Sea Life category, I believe. The small snail is a Karen Lockhart creation and can be purchased at Ellen's online store. DeeDee, your snail card on your blog is adorable.....I have a friend that has that Cricut cartridge so I can get some cut from her. Thanks for the head's up though, cute!! Isn't funny that the snails are in such demand right now!?

3. Winners for the Crafty Secrets prize drawing will be announced tomorrow, along with another Crafty Secrets prize drawing! Sandy from Crafty Secrets is so generous, she wants to give away MORE goodies!!

Here's my new Inspiration Station. My theme this time seems to revolve around NATURE. I get so inspired this time of year from all of the singing birds, the green grass and blooming flowers, garden seeds and plants, the sounds of frogs in the creek, muddy boots and dirt in my fingernails, warmer weather.......ahhh, I love this time of year!
I found this collection of SEI papers called Dill Blooms and I LOVE IT! I really love the look of these basic botanical images with their long stems, spiky blooms and colorful leaves. And the colors remind me of the 70's colors I grew up with....burnt oranges, olive greens, browns, golden yellows, creamy colors and turquoise.
I had fun shopping in my own stash of adornments. I love to dig through all of my ribbons, buttons and flowers for goodies to add to my projects.
And the botanical images are very noticeable this year it seems. These stamps and cut images are new from Crafty Secrets. Love them!
And SNAILS. I dunno why but these little creepy critters have won my heart over. Now I'm looking everywhere for snails!
Now this next batch of goodies switches gears a little bit. It's bright, it's fun, it's girly, it's cheerful......it's FUN! It's a series of papers from K and Company called Berry Sweet, I believe. Still very nature oriented though but on the bright side.....lots of funky and fresh flowers, butterflies, cherries, strawberries, owls, fish and more. I'm loving these papers for little girly gifts and stationery.
And here's one of my first cards made using the SEI Dill Blossom papers. I paired it up with the Whipper Snapper stamp called Louise, designed by Sweet Miss Daisy herself....Anna Wight! This image caught my eye because when Josey was a wee little girl, I would lay in bed at night with her. A little mouse (my index finger) would sneak beneath the covers and come visit Josey every time I layed down with her. Mousy, as Josey named her, would talk to Josey and wiggle around and tickle her, and rub her arm.......all under the covers because she was too shy to come out. Ohhhh, how Josey loved that little *mouse*. She would pet her and hug her and give her kisses....I can still hear her sweet little voice say *hiiiii Mousy*. And when we moved to our new house in the country, amazingly Mousy moved with us!! Oh, the memories we make. I think I'll mail this card to Josey and sign it from Mousy. She'll get quite a kick out of that!

Okay, enough of memory lane. I've got sweet party mix to make for the big Girl Scout trip my girls are going on this weekend. I'm Nervous Nellie thinking about my girls being gone for three days!! But I'm still going to take advantage of the free time and make a date with my favorite fella. Dinner? A movie? Buy some flowers for the garden? Hmmm, who knows!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your inspiration station is always a fun post. Recently, I purchased a small bulletin board and have incorporated some of the things you use.
Since you are loving snails so much right now, maybe you could have a Saturday Snail card!

Anonymous said...

Love the inspiration station!!!!!
Can you tell me what Weight Watchers book you found the Coconut cream pie recipe in? I'd love to get it.

DeeDee said...

Oooooh, I've been waiting to see your inspiration station.....I love all your "stuff"!!! That paper is really yummy!!! If you would like some die cut snails Mish....email me I can send you some....I just posted a snail card on my blog!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I just bought 2 snail stamps this morning at the Just Johanna stamp site! I'm also on a Nature quest!!
Love your inspiration station....

Laura said...

Oh no! You didn't tell who makes those cute snail stamps.. eeek! i want those, too! :)

Lee said...

Oh I love seeing your Inspiration Stations!!! Our move is coming up soon and my dd and I can't wait to start making a little Inspiration Station of our own in the new Craft Room!!! I just love your Josey memory and tribute card....what a sweet memory!! I know us moms always worry 'bout our kiddos when they're away....but do enjoy a bit of "date" time....it's a rare thing until the kids are gone....and I'm in no hurry for THAT!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

i love the nature station!!! i just love that you put that darn snail stamp with the flower pot...i KNEW i should have bought it!!! i just LOVE him!!!
thanks for the inspiration!!!
chelle

Judy Rozema said...

There must be something going on with snails lately! A few of my stamping buds and I LOVE them and we have even formed the unofficial "snail club" as all the cards we made (without telling each other) had snails! Yours are adorable! What a fun inspiration station!

Dottie K. said...

I always enjoy your inspiration station. Love the card and your daughter will love the surprise. How doesn't love getting happy mail. Have fun on your date night. :)

Dottie K. said...

I always enjoy your inspiration station. Love the card and your daughter will love the surprise. How doesn't love getting happy mail. Have fun on your date night. :)

Karen said...

I am really looking forward to what you make with this inspiration station. I have a 6X6 pad of those SEI papers. I keep looking at them and thinking that they should be framed on the wall. I haven't been able to bear cutting them. I know that as usual, you will come up with some fantastic things and I will be willing to make that first cut. Thanks for sharing with us

CreativeMish said...

These are all so cute! I love it when your post your inspiration station with all the coordinating papers, ribbons, embellies, etc! The the Nature stuff!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Awwww, you melt my heart! =)
Love what you've done with Louise!
and what sweet memories, too!

wendy peatross said...

I love the way you put things together. Thanks!! I just put up my first card that I used copic markers on. You'll have to stop by and take a look. www.stampinfromtheheart.blogspot.com.

Monika in VA said...

That little mousie card is just about as sweet as the story behind it. I hope that you're able to make good memories every day of your life (& then make a great card to share with us ;-) ...)

Anonymous said...

You've been nominated for the Arte y Pico award!

www.stampinintherain.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Those snails are so cute! Love the new SEI paper! I must look for it. Your blog is my inspiration but it would be nice to have a spot like yours!

Lana said...

Yahooooooooo! I have all of that paper! WOOHOO! Let's get creating Mishie!

Beth said...

Those snails are okay {wink!}

love your station! Love the mouse card too!

Becca said...

there is that inspiration station again...toot toot, ..I am pulling in... what a great idea. I was wondering what you would come up with next. LOL>
Such a sweet mouse card too.
Bela

Sharla said...

I love looking at your cards, so much talent. The mouse story is precious!

Stefanie Staniak said...

The mouse card is absolutely adorable !! And of course your IS is beyond my dreams - love it when you let us in to your creative world.

salusa said...

I love seeing your inspiration stations - I reallly have to try make my own sometime! I really have trouble being inspired! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your free, private time with no kids!! They will be fine and have tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

oohhhh I love pie!!
Everything is just gawgous!

Becca said...

Hi Mich: come and join me tomorrow on NSD for some events.
Hope to see you there,
Bela

T Sharee said...

I would love to feature you on my blog. Would you be interested in doing a giveaway on my blog. You simply choose the item and send me a picture with some info. I then post it and after a certain amount of time (usually a month) I draw a winner from the comments. The winner is then responsbile for contacting you with their shipping info. The item goes directly to them from you. Please look at my past giveaways for more info. Thanks Tiff

Related Posts with Thumbnails