April 6, 2008

Lockhart Garden Angel meets Making Memories

Today we were outside all day! Me thinks my Spring is on it's way and I am one happy camper. First, my husband took the girls turkey hunting.....no luck this morning. After that we were up at the barn yard at my folks' and we visited all the animals and planted potatoes. Anybody else love to *noodle* for new potatoes? I then tried to ride my bike while the entire family laughed at me from afar. Apparently, it helps to have air in the tires!! Pfft.

DH also tilled up my garden and I think he got into my beloved rhubarb plant. I have not picked from it for two years so that it will mature properly....and then Eric tills it up today, he thinks. He probably did it on purpose because he hates rhubarb! If you've ever had a heavenly slice of my mom's fresh rhubarb strawberry pie, you would think differently! Mmmmmm, I can taste it now!! Jordan loves it too and calls it *celery pie*, that just cracks me up!!!

Then we did the dreaded yearly task of cutting off the old pampas/maiden hair grass in front of the house. We lopped off about 10 giant bunches of that, then I trimmed off all the bushes and some old plants. Tomorrow, I'll take the rake and clean out all the flower beds to prepare them for new plants.

We just finished up supper with country style ribs and I have lowfat coconut cream pies in the frig just waiting for us. What a day, life is so good in my little part of the world!!

So after my fun day on the farm and outside, I thought I would pull up a card I did using Karen Lockhart's Garden Angel. I love any stamps with flowers or nature, especially this time of year so it's a nice card to finish off my day outside. I paired it with some Making Memories Garden Party paper from my Spring Inspiration Station and a Lockhart thank you sentiment. Image was colored with Copics to match the patterned paper and then was cut and embossed with oval Spellbinder's Die Templates. Copics, Spellbinder's Dies and Lockhart images are from Ellen's online store HERE.

I hope that Spring is on it's way to your neck of the woods, my friends! Being outside really raises my spirits and there's just something about enjoying God's green earth that I just love. And that sunshine gives you a burst of important vitamins, so it's good for you to get that fresh air. Have fun!!

19 comments:

Juanita B said...

What a fun and busy day.It sounds like everything will be coming up roses. I sure hope your rhubarb plant is okay...I'll say a prayer for it.

Beautiful card with great blending of focal point and font, wonderful paper as always. TFS.

Bevie Pearl said...

Your card is beautiful.
I have a rhubarb plant in my garden and I can't kill it. (Sorry to say I have tried.) So I am sure that yours will be just fine. I like strawberry rhubarb pie too!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Another fan of rhubarb here! My kids LOVE the upside down rhubarb cake that I make..a sweet older woman gave the the recipe.. Calls for strawberry jello, yellow cake mix and tons of sugar! Still winter here.. wishing for spring!

Carol (HB) said...

I'm glad you got some sunshine today Mishie, all we got is rain! pfffft. Oh well, nothing to do but stamp when it rains. :)
The card is adorable - total perfection!
HB

wendy peatross said...

How fun for you to get to work outside. We still have some snow banks on the north side of the house, but I did see tulips starting to peek through the dirt this morning. Spring just might be on its way.

Lee said...

What a gorgeous card....so soft and lovely!! And sounds indeed like a perfect Sunday!!! My dh LOVES strawberry-rhubarb pie....wanna share a good recipe??? As for Spring.....we've still got a wait!! Snow here tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day. It was beautiful here in Illinois too. We are so ready for Spring :o) Gorgeous card. The perfect card for the perfect day! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Please share your Mother's strawberry rhubarb pie recipe with us. I lost my recipe. I hope your rhubarb survives the tilling...

Dottie K. said...

What a busy bee you've been. Hurry up spring. I just want the sun to shine. Love the card and that garden angel. :)

Lindababy said...

I just can't get enough of your blog thanks for everything.

irene said...

You've had a busy day that's for sure. I love rhubarb too. And your mothers pie.... it sounds yummie. Bye Irene from Holland

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so jealous! We have just rain, rain, and hail - the whole day! And the kids are on spring vacation! I am sure that the weather will improve immediately, when they are back to school on Monday!
Your card is beautiful as usual!
And I agree, rhubarb and strawberry - just delicious (unfortunately, my husband and the kids HATE rhubarb - I really don't know why?! It's the same with gooseberries - I love them - they hate them!

Have a great day!

Nessie (from far, far away!)

Lynn Put said...

Michelle,
It sounds like you had a wonderful day, your talk of rhubarb makes me think of my Grandma's rhubarb that she used to grow in her garden and the pies she would make from it (man I miss her and her pies).
Your card is beautiful, I love the colors and how fresh looking it is!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful!!!! love the soft colors and your wondering is wonderful!

Glad you are getting some Spring there!

DeeDee said...

WOW, sounds like a day of FUN to me!!! I love this garden Angel stamp....very sweet!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beautiful card and I love the dialog. Now, once the magazine is started we will have to get you to write a book. Maybe a series, you know, Little House on the Prairie in the 21st century !! :)
Love what you do Mish !! :)

Maria Matter said...

A very pretty card, such soft colors. Thanks for sharing!

CreativeMish said...

This is such a pretty stamp. I love the detail

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! It's wonderful being paired up with that Making Memories Garden Party Paper!! :) Can't say that i've ever had rhubarb but everyone says is so good! I guess i'll have to try it this year! TFS

Wendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails