April 11, 2008

Scrapbook weekend here I come!

It's time once again for my scrapbooking weekend with some fun friends. I'll be returning on Sunday, so have a great weekend! Below are some little boxes that my friend Carmen and I made for our cropping friends. Inside the boxes are some minty foot rub along with a pair of warm footy socks to wear while cropping and a pack of gum for that late night breath! Carmen's also going to pick up some gourmet cookies that are in the shape of a foot and they have tiny M & M's for the toes! Ack, I can't wait!! We tied the boxes up with some super cute ribbon and made a personalized, monogrammed tag inspired from one shown in a Stampin' Up! publication. Patterned paper is from SU!, letters are cut from Cricut, Prima flowers.
At the last minute, we came up with another fun idea....a scrapbook layout for each of us to complete at the crop. We made a simple, 2 page layout and included a sketch of how to assemble the pages. We're going to take photos during the crop, run them to the one hour photo place and then surprise our friend with these pages. The tag from the above photo will be used on the pages as the main accent. Fun, huh?
Well, I've got my Becky Higgins sketch book all packed so I'm ready to head out. I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll try to post something on Sunday but I'll be drop dead tired....we only sleep a few hours each night so that we can crop a ton of pages!!

22 comments:

Lee said...

Oh that sounds like sooooo much fun!! I'm envious!! The boxes are just adorable!! And little foot cookies with M&M toes?? Please share a photo of those!!! LOL Have a FANtastic time!!!

Erin McKinney said...

cute stuff! Have fun!

Melissa said...

I am SO jealous! Have a fabulous time!

Many Blessings,
M.

Amy said...

Wanna give some advice? I am not much of a scrapbooker but would like to do more. I am going to a 12 hour crop that a CM consultant is having and I need some advice about what to take. I have a couple of incomplete scrapbooks that have been started and need work (my daughter's first year and a vacation) and I also have a couple of albums that need started (a birthday one and a Christmas one). I don't know what is a reasonable amount of stuff to take. Plus I am a stamper. Should I take stamp stuff? AND I have a SU scrappin' kit, would it be rude to take it to a CM event? I know, long question but I thought you could help! Thanks for any input you have time to share!

Bevie Pearl said...

Have fun, Mishie!! Your gifts are so delightful. I am sure that everyone will love them.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. I sooo do love them. A group of us our going in May.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Have a wonderful time Mish! The girls are going to squeal with delight over your gifts !! :)

Anonymous said...

Those packages and tags are darling! Wish I was going! What a great idea. And I love the page layout you created for everone to do - great idea. Have fun!
Barb M.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your gonna have lots of fun this weekend! All your little gifts are so adorable. Have a fabulous time, Mish!!

Wendy

CreativeMish said...

I wish I could Scrap n Stamp all weekend! Have a great time! I can hardly wait to see what you make :)

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous boxes! The ribbon looks like the the one you used on your Valentine boxes that Ellen Hutson sold, just a blue version. Where, oh where did you find such beautiful ribbon? (I ask because I purchased the Valentine box from Ellen and loved it!)

Paper Bling said...

I'll be scrapping all weekend as well, but without one of those cutie boxes...LOL! Have a blast, and I can't wait to peek at what you create! :)

Mary said...

I love the little boxes that you made. The ribbon that you used is gorgeous!

Mary

Anonymous said...

It sounds like so much fun! I am wondering what scrapbook sketch book you have from Becky Higgins, maybe she only has one.

kathleenh said...

These boxes are so cute and fun! I love the ribbon and the tag. I love your idea of the coordinating scrapbook page utilizing the tag from the box. Brilliant! I hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!!! The cookies sound great with the M&M toes! Be sure and take pics of them! Have a wonderful weekend.

Elaine said...

I hope you have a GREAT time!!! the little boxes are such a nice little surprise - I love the idea you shared with us! Wanna come to Seattle?? ;-)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Hey Mish! you are having A BLAST this weekend! I love your boxes and the tag - what a great project - using the tag on that page! SO SO CUTE!

Sharon Harnist said...

What darling gifts and scrap pages, Mish -- hope you enjoyed your weekend!

DeeDee said...

WOW, that sounds like loads of FUN and what a nice surprise in such a adorable little box!!! I hope you had a BLAST!!!!!

Juanita B said...

You are SOOOOOO thoughtful! I think this is a wonderful thing you're doing. The boxes are beautiful, the paper is beautiful, and the page will be beautiful. I anxiously await photos from your weekend, I hope you had a blast and TFS.

Niki Estes said...

I used your sketch for a layout yesterday and love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing it! Hope you had fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails