April 16, 2008

Snail Notecard

Hi everyone, I'm so glad you liked yesterday's post of the Inchie Notecards! Today I'm using that Lockhart snail again....it's actually called Escargot if you go searching for it in Ellen's store. My little helper Emma will be assisting me today.......she's the curious kitty in the photo below. She just HAD to hop up on that chair to see what was there while I was photographing my project! She helps me most of the days that I photograph outside. Here's one card of another set of notecards that I made, using the purple Arturo notecards and Basic Grey Sprout paper from Ellen's shop. Simple little notecards with lined envelopes.

After stamping and coloring my image with Copic markers, I cut, embossed and layered the snail image using Spellbinder's Rectangle and Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities. The polka dots from the patterned paper would make a good background mat I thought.
I simply folded my pre-scored notecards (which are SO soft by the way), added a strip of patterned paper and mounted the snail image in the center. Again, by using a ruler, you can find that center mark easily. I added two decorative pearls for a little snail trail.......or do you think it looks like snail poop like my daughter said? LOL! I debated on whether to leave them or not.
A simple lining for the envelope and my cards were complete.
Again, another wonderful project for teacher's or Mother's Day, graduations, etc. Or just great to have on hand for simple thank you notes or little gift enclosure cards.

20 comments:

glitter girl said...

Thank you for providing me with my daily "fix" - I love the little snail cards you've posted this past week....
Have a great Wednesday!

Dottie K. said...

Adorable card! Love the tips you provide. Very useful!!! :)

Tricia T said...

Love these, Mish!! The soft colors are so pretty. I noticed you use the Sketch markers rather than the Ciao. Do you have a certain assortment, or just all of them??? :)

Unknown said...

Charming - I am getting drawn into your snail 'phase' and I don't much care for snails ....

Melissa said...

Emma is beautiful. You are lucky to have such a pretty little helper!!

Monika in VA said...

Cute, Cute, Cute ...

(I think your daughter is right about the pearls, lol~ it was the first think that came to my mind even before I read your comment...)

You are so making me want some snails ~ darn my blown budget for the month ~ Love the whole Snail Mail thing ~ you are so inspiring!!! Darn it!!!

Oh, and your cat is so precious~ I miss my fur babies!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Oh so sweet - snails are SO CUTE and this is ADORABLE!

Juanita B said...

I love these, you used one of my favorite colors!! Emma is gorgeous!
Your work is out of this world, TFS.

TWO questions; what are those beautiful flowers called and what does the rest of the writing say on your ruler, LOL? Is it from the criminal court, teehee?

Dawn Easton said...

These are wonderful! I love the colours you chose to use. So soft and pretty and that image is totally adorable!!

Tami McBeain said...

Another adorable snail card, you're makin' me love snails!:) I love your furry helper!

MichelleO said...

snail poop!! HA that made me nearly spit on the screen. I didn't see that coming! These snails are really just adorable, and I love the way you have been using them! ADORABLE

Lee said...

Sooooo cute with that lil snail!! And WOW!! How simple is lining an envie....I never knew!! Thank you so much for sharing that tip!!!

salusa said...

Very cute! (The kitty too)!! :) That's a great idea to add a special touch to the envelope. I have never seen that before and would never have thought of that very nice little touch!

Linda Carson said...

I vote to keep the poop! Looks FANTASTIC!

Debbi T said...

Cute.....but is that a crime lab ruler??? If so.....why do you have it? *wink*

Jen said...

Very talented!!! I see that you use spellbinders...what die cutting machine do you use? I'd love to get a good recommendation. Thanks! Jennie

Sandy Knecht said...

Your card is adorable. I'd leave the pearls in.

Donna D from Ottawa said...

Oh! You big tease!!You had me so jealous to see your lilacs in this picture... till I looked closer and saw they were not real!
Think I'll case this for a Mother's day gift this year... Thank you for the inspiration - great job!

Lori Craig said...

Girl - I am catching up on my reading, but I had to stop and say: I had sooo many good times with good friends in Lyon County when I was in college! 4 words: Cowboy Palace, Industrial Avenue. I {heart} Emporia! LOL

DeeDee said...

Mish, these too are adorable little note card sets....I love the soft colors and that sweet little snail!!! Also, what a sweet faced helper you have there!! Thanks for the great instructions!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails