April 24, 2008

Time for Tulips

Today I'd like to show you the stamp of the month over at Ellen's online store. It's the Tulips stamp from Karen Lockhart. I paired it up with the Lockhart Thank You sentiment, some Basic Grey Perhaps patterned paper, Prima flowers, Copic markers and Ranger Glossy Accents. I colored the tulips to match the beautiful colors in the patterned paper and on the envelope. I love the solid scratchy papers that come along with the patterned paper pads. They make the perfect accents for layering or in this case, the envelope flap. Here's a closeup of the tulips. I don't have one single tulip left in my yard. I think DH either mowed over them too many times or the deer ate them all up. They just don't come up anymore. But I always love flowers in the early morning when they were all dew covered. By using Glossy Accents, I was able to achieve that dewy look by dotting each tulip with a little coating. Just a pretty accent to this card.
I know how much you love the sketches so I snapped a photo for you all. This is a great layout because you can easily use two patterned papers from a collection. I've also added in that horizontal strip that I love to use so much on cards. It's the perfect place to add a sentiment and it tucks right under the main image. I made the scallops on the bottom by using my SU! slit punch.

Well I'm off to work in my stamp room today. Storms rolled through Kansas yesterday.....as they say, April showers bring May flowers. And in Kansas, along with those showers come tornado warnings! I'll be watching the weather closely today for sure. Have a good day everyone!!

17 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is fantastic! Thanks for the tip/idea on using the scratched paper for the envelope flap! Looks wonderful!

Stay safe today. Hope the weather doesn't turn on you all.

SueB said...

pretty card! tulips are funny and especially when you just get leaves, it's usually 'cuz the bulb has sunk too low in the soil. try digging 'em up and planting them again, 4-6" deep or whatever the original directions intended and maybe they'll bloom again next year.
later, alligator!
- Sue

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beautiful card. I love the envelope flap.

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is so pretty. Tulips are my favorite flower. I love the envelope flap. I'm going to try your sketch. Hope your weather gets better. Can't wait to see what's next. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! That tulip stamp is great and love your sketch!

DeeDee said...

Ooooooh, we've been having storms too Mish...hope all is well at your place!!! This is a beautiful card...love the glossy accents on the tulips...great touch!! BTW, I'm having a blog candy give away to celebrate 10,000 hits over at my blog....please stop by and check it out if you get a chance!!

salusa said...

I have this stamp too and just love it. Thanks for sharing another layout. You inspired me to start my own book of layouts. I really have a very difficult time just creating a card from scratch so this will be so helpful! Thanks!

Linda Carson said...

Lovely! I ordered this stamp yesterday....where is that postman!

Anonymous said...

beautiful tulips and fabulous layout...running to get my sketch idea book...thanks for another great one to add!!
chelle

Michele Kovack said...

Your coloring is always amazing! Love your sketches! I am waiting for you to "write" a book of those sketches! I will be the first in line to buy it!

Chelle! said...

You are such an amazing inspiration!!! I love the idea about using the scraps for the envelope flap--you are incredible!!!

Kristie said...

This card is gorgeous. I've just started stamping and found your blog on one of my blog-hopping expeditions and just wanted you to know that I love it! I've found heaps of inspiration and lots of really useful tips - I'll be passing on your address to all my friends here in Australia, so keep up the good work!!

Lee said...

Ohhhh...........how gorgeous!! I love tulips........well, any flowers really!!! What a pretty layout too!! Tornadoes?? Be careful!! I'm hoping the snow will eventually melt so I can see "real" flowers again at the new house!!! LOL

Courtney said...

This is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I always LOVE your sketches. They are so inspiring, and I love to see how you develop these cards! This one is great! It really has my eye because of so much DP that I have (wonder why I got some of it!! LOL!). So perhaps I can use some of it with this design! You're amazing...and fabulous!! TFS!

Juanita B said...

WONDERFUL card and layout! Great work, MISH! TFS.

Debbie Olson said...

Love the glossy accents as well as the coordinating envelope, Mish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails