April 26, 2008

Rain, rain go away

Today we got the last of the soccer games done for the season. But there are so many things left on our list to do outside. Eric would like to turkey hunt all weekend and get the yard mowed. I would love to finish cleaning out my flower bed, get new mulch in and plant some seeds in my garden. The girls just like being outside. But the storms look like they're rolling in again. So for today, I say *rain, rain go away!*

Isn't funny how there always seems to be the perfect stamp for what you're wanting to say? My husband would say it's just plain sick to have so many stamps. There, there dear...get over it, the stamps are staying!! This is my first time using Karen Lockhart's Umbrella Shoe stamp and rain, rain, go away sentiment. It's just perfect for this time of year...the rains just keep coming when all we want to do is be outside. Here's the layout I based this sketch on, another one for you sketch book. After stamping and coloring my image with Copic markers, I cut and embossed it with a Spellbinder's Oval Nestabilities Die Template....then on a green scallop oval then pop dots. Instead of a word tab below the horizontal strip, I used two snippets of folded ribbon and white brads to keep them in place. Paper is Papertrey Spring Moss and the floral is by Basic Grey, I believe. Backgrounder polka dot stamp is from CHF.
Notice how I raised up the horizontal sentiment strip on pop dots too. This brings more focus and dimension to the sentiment and also nicely conceals the ribbon snippets and brads.
I also stamped a Lockhart border called Rose Ribbon on the inside of the card. Kinda like flowers that bloom after the rain showers.
Here's a closeup of them....all colored and glitterfied.
Now you may have noticed this piece in the top photo. As you know I'm into this whole stationery look. So I decided to add some fun to this card by sending it in a clear envelope. This piece of patterned paper will slip into the envelope with the finished card. Two separate pieces...the card front will show on one side and this piece will show on the other side through the clear envelope. On this piece, I can write the recipient's name and address so it will be all fancy like. I think I'll write my return address along the left hand side, going up and down. The postage stamp will go on the outside of the clear envelope and will go through the postal system just fine. And my mail lady will love to see a little eye candy! And when I get cards in the mail from my stamping friends that are in clear envies.......pure delight because I get to see the beautiful card right away! Just a fun idea for you! Clear envies are available through Stampin' Up! and other companies that sell stationery/gift wrap supplies. Now I think I'll go pull a few more weeds out of my flower bed before it rains!

20 comments:

Lee said...

What a cute lil shoe!!! And, of course, a brilliantly adorable card!! I got my very first card with a clear envie last week.....I never knew you could do that!!! And I always love how you add those little details to make your cards that much more special.....the inside border (glitterfied is a word I LOVE!!! LOL) is just gorgeous!!! Hope your rain goes away soon......we got more snow here this morning!!! LOL

Stefanie Staniak said...

Absolutely Beautiful! You will never cease to amaze me!

Carol (HB) said...

Dang girl, you are just SO GOOD! This layout is going in my new sketch book! Ü
HB

Chantelle said...

What a cute image to stamp. And another great card design. I love the extra detail like the ribbon and brad placement. I'd love to CASE this one!!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card and a really nice idea for sending it in the clear envie. I just always stick an address label (stamped, of course) but this is so much more classy!
LeAnne

Elaine said...

This is incredibly cute! I agree that this time of year calls for the rain sentiment -especially in Seattle! Fortunately we had a great sunny day yesterday - not so sure about today though! Thanks for sharing your cute stuff Mish!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle! I haven't stopped by your blog in a few weeks, and today I finally had the time to set down and enjoy it...so many wonderful ideas from someone with immense talent!! Thank you for starting my day with a BIG smile ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Love the card and that image!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Gorgeous, Mishie! Send me your sketch book - pretty please?!?! LOL - HUGS!

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done!

DeeDee said...

What a great idea Mish....love that BG paper and the umbrella shoe stamp is way to CUTE!!!

Lynn Put said...

This is fantastic, so clean, crisp and pretty!
Love the idea to use the clear envies, I'll need to get my hands on some!
Thanks

Bevie Pearl said...

I adore how you designed this card. I really like the ribbon tabs. I hope the rain goes away...enough liquid sunshine, huh?

Juanita B said...

STUNNING!! TFS.

Becca said...

What a cute shoe and the card is wonderful as always. What is in the Creation Station this month?

Bela

Juanita B said...

FANTASTIC, your work gives me so much JOY!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cad and the paper your used. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! TFS.

CreativeMish said...

I love your little sketches you provide with your cards you create! Are you ever going to put together a little book??

Cindy Lyles said...

boy using clear envies - if I were your mail carrier your house would be the highlight of my day!!! LOVE these Mish!!!

Debbie Olson said...

Mish, another winner! This is SO Spring-y--makes me happy to look at!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Classy and cute! Could you tell me what size the Spellbinder templates were? Large ovals or small? Cam2dg@aol.com. Thanks!

cynthia

Related Posts with Thumbnails