April 18, 2008

Lockhart Baby...Sweet Pea/Clothesline

TGIF everyone! It will be a short post today. I am SICK.....head cold, non stop coughing and probably a touch of the flu. Not enough to keep me down, just enough to keep me running in slow motion though. Thank you so much for all of your kind words to my postings. I love to hear your thoughts and that I inspire you. What a great thing to be able to do.....inspire someone!

Well on to today's post. These are some more little baby cards that I'm going to be giving to my niece once she has that sweet baby girl. I know she will appreciate some cards that can be used for thank you's, etc. Patterned paper from Making Memories Garden Party collection, ribbon from Papertrey Ink, Palette Black Noir Ink Pad. Copic markers and stamp images from Ellen's online store. I thought this card would be cute for Chelsey to send out with an updated baby photo. It seems most baby cards are geared only for thank you notes, but this one could be used that entire first year for almost anything. The image is called Clothesline and is by Karen Lockhart. Sentiment is from A Muse.
This card could be used in the same nature as the card above. Baby themed but generic enough in nature that it could be used for anything baby related. I'm particularly hoping to receive lots of updated photos of that sweet little bundle so maybe if I give her lots of cards AND postage stamps.....with all of the envies addressed to me..........she'll get the hint! This image is another Karen Lockhart stamp called Sweet Pea in Pod. One tip on Copic markers....when coloring images that are basically one color....like peas......select 2-3 colors right next to each other on the color chart. These markers will be just a shade or two darker or lighter and you can get some great shading without a stark contrast.
Okay, I'm outta here for today my beautiful blogging buddies! Coming soon: my new Inspiration Station, some step by step Copic coloring (just to refresh) and some Crafty Secrets prize drawings.

21 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh these are beautiful. I just love the colors too. Thanks for posting and sharing Cynthia

Anonymous said...

the cards are babilicious!!!
feel better!!!!!!!!
chelle

Latisha said...

The last time you used the clothesline stamp and made inchies. I typed as fast as I could to Ellen's store. Its a very cute stamp. You are so uber talented I love checking out your blog...daily. By the way the Sr. picture post cracked me up especially the pictures of the guys and his hand just positioned so. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Dottie K. said...

I hope you feel better soon. It's getting to nice out to be sick. The cards are beautiful. :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable!

Anita Knits said...

Great cards, fab colours.

Thanks for the hoarding tips the other day, did so enjoy now I've got to put into practice.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Anita

salusa said...

So cute!! Hope you feel better soon!

Rose Ann said...

These are so darling, and I really love the layout and pretty papers! Hope you feel better!!

Tricia T said...

As beautiful as always! :) Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

oh cute, cute and cute card!!

i love it

MJ

Courtney said...

These are adorable and I hope you feel better real soon!

Lee said...

Those are soooo sweeeet!!! I love that little clothesline image!!! And I cannot wait to see your Inspiration Station!! We close on our new house in 2 weeks and I get my own little Craft Room!!! My DD and I both want to set up an Inspiration Station like you do!! And PLEASE!! I need a Copic tutorial....I joined a club but my coloring is just awful with them!!!! LOL Okay, enough of my rambling!! Take care of YOU and get some rest and feel better sooooooooooooooooon!!!!! Hugs!!!!

Paper Bling said...

I peek in daily and love your work! These are darling...and I really dig your new pic! The reflection shot is a brilliant idea for your blog. :)

Monika in VA said...

SO cute! I really enjoy seeing how you incorporate the great DP~ your niece is very lucky to have you & great talent. I hope you get to feeling full speed soon ~ that means take some time & take care of yourself!!!

TTFN!

Tami McBeain said...

These are so sweet! Get some rest and feel better!

Lynn Put said...

These cards are darling, your niece is lucky to have such a talented Aunt to create beautiful things for her!
You are an inspiration, rest up and feel better!

LAZY-TROUT said...

These cards are so adorable - I love the clothesline image it is just so cute!

I hope you are feel better soon!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Love your cards! I understand about the birds, they are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I like the color combos on both of these. They're both adorable cards.

Charmaine

Vicki Chrisman said...

NO WAY Michelle.. those are the cutest cards EVER! ADORABLE!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Girl! I stopped dead in my tracks today in Target when I spotted this gaw-jus MM paper you've been using . . . it's MINE now, baby!! :D Love your baby cards with it (and also the sweet Easter card you sent)!!

Jordan did a fabulous job on her bird watercoloring above, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails