April 22, 2008

Papertrey Hidden Notecards

I made this notecard ensemble for the Papertrey Ink contest a few months ago. I call these Hidden Notecards and you'll see why in a little bit. I packaged the notecards in a clear plastic stationery box that has the top 1/2" or so cut off. There's a big magnet on the back so that I can keep these on the side of my fridge and can reach for a notecard without having to open the box each time. All supplies are from Papertrey Ink.


Here's what the notecard looks like from the front. It appears that the oval accent is adhered to to the polka dot strip and that this is just a card front with all the pieces adhered firmly.
But actually the scallop accent is attached to the front of the notecard and then the notecard slips out from behind the polka dot strip of cardstock. This is where the hidden notecard comes into play. The base green piece of cardstock is 1/4 of a sheet of cardstock(no folds) and the white notecard is folded so that you can open it up and write in it. Here's what the notecard looks when out of hiding. You just slip it back to the card base when you're done with the writing part. I used Spring Moss for the card base, Aqua Mist for the polka dot strip, along with the Polka Dot Basics stamp set and white cardstock for the folded notecard. LOVE the polkadots!The polka dot strip goes all the way around the card but there will be a gap when you fold the two pieces on to the back of the base card. That gap is easily covered up by an oval cut piece of cardstock which makes the perfect *handmade by* accent. For the stamps on this piece I used Beautiful Blooms and Just Hatched. The cardstock strip is only adhered on the back, no adhesive is used on the part of the strip that is on the front of the card. Then on the front of the notecard, place 3 pop dots right above the cardstock strip. Then center and place the main scalloped oval accent piece on the pop dots. This precise placement of the pop dots will ensure the proper stopping point for you to slide the notecard into place.
I used three different oval Spellbinder's Nestabilities to make the main accent piece. The top white oval and the bottom scallop oval are also embossed which looks so professional. Stamps used are Beautiful Blooms and Spiral Bouquet with Aqua Mist, Spring Moss cardstock and ink, and also Palette Black Noir Ink.

I just love coming up with unique cards like this. Hope you enjoy!!!

32 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Wow!!!! This is amazing!! Love the design and colors. You're so creative! I always get excited when you have a post because I know I'm going to see something creative and I always love it. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful day. :) Dottie K.

LeAnne said...

What a great idea---you are so clever, it's always fun to see what you have come up with next!
LeAnne

Broni said...

I love this idea! So unique and clever! These notecards are just beautiful!

Jenn said...

Michelle, these are JUST FANTASTIC!!! I'm so glad that you decided to share these. Great work.

Anonymous said...

How cool are these! Love this unique and clever idea.

AmyR said...

And yet again you have come up with something FABULOUS!!!! I am LOVING these!! *claps hands*

Anonymous said...

You are so clever and creative! I love to see what you'll come up with next. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us so freely and generously. I appreciate how much time it takes to write up a post.

Becca said...

these are so very nice...what a cute idea.
Bela

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

Hi Mish! Wow, these are beautiful. You are so talented. Thanks for showing these to us now I must go and make a few myself :o)
Have a great day.

Stefanie Staniak said...

See, what did I tell you. You are just a genius at these new designs. Beautiful note cards and they would make such a wonderful gift.

Courtney said...

I think I just spit coke all over my moniter. These are just awesome! And my nesties are coming in next week! Akkk! I can't wait! TFS

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful...something i would expect to see in a high end boutique!!! very nicely done!
thanks for sharing!!!
chelle

Lee said...

Wow!!! Soooooooo pretty and I just LOVE the hidden part!!! Tooo creative!!! I definitely am CASEing this.....actually I'm CASEing so many of your fantastic creations.......I need to start a list so I remember them all!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

MIsh --- I love these!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

LAZY-TROUT said...

Fabulous idea - and so amazing!!

Thank you so much for sharing - I really need to give these a try!

CreativeMish said...

Isnt this clever! What a fun idea!

Kelly Booth said...

Beautiful...Always love your Creations!

Bonnie said...

This is brilliant as usual Michelle! So beautiful and classy! Most likely will case this one too!

Karen said...

Genius! Your creativity constantly amazes me. It is so greatly appreciated that you are always willing to share with us.

Whimsey said...

You are so magnificently talented; when I grow up; I wanna be like you! OK, who cares I'm older than you? LOL

Kristi said...

Perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! colors, design, and a very creative mind! Awesome!

Ruby Craft said...

I love these note cards. But then I love everything you post. Your pieces are always so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful cards! What a clever idea!
C Burke

retiredheather said...

What a fantastic idea. A great gift idea. Hope you know alot of us plan on casing this idea. Thank you so much. I can think of guite a few people who would appreciate such a great gift. I see it attached to lots of filing cabinets in many offices. Thanks.
Retired Heather

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous! You have the most fantastic ideas and I'm always very grateful that you share them with all of us. I really like the idea of using the clear case as a holder that is easily accessible. How many times have we grabbed for another sheet of paper because it was "quicker"?
Thanks for your inspiration...once again!

Mindy said...

I really like this ensamble and enjoy checking your blog daily. Thanks for sharing your ideas. (and don't forget to post your scrapbook pages, I can't wait to see them either)

Jana M. said...

What a fabulous idea!

Bevie Pearl said...

so pretty and what a great idea!!

Juanita B said...

BREATHTAKING & STUNNING!!! TFS

Elaine said...

Wow! These are such clever ideas! Love it!

Debbie Olson said...

MISH! Get OUT! These are so original--you are amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails