May 3, 2008

Iced Coffees

Okay guys, I have our winner of the set of four Crafty Secrets Images and Journal Notes pad. Congratulations to Stefanie (Hi Stevie!) Email me your snail mail address and Sandy from Crafty Secrets will send out your goody package!!! Thank you to everyone for your great responses. There's a lot of coffee drinkers out there for sure!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...
Mish I love your card and your sister will too! I have to confess, Sambuca or Ameretto in my coffee is always a special treat !! LOL !! I'll bring some to retreat ! :)
While we're on the topic of coffee, I thought today's post would be perfect. Do you like iced coffees? I LOVE them and could drink several a day...but I usually settle for about one a week when I'm in town. For under $2 bucks, McDonald's has awesome iced coffees!

Check it out here(I hope this link works):


Last year, I was vacationing at my sister's in Colorado. Every time we went out and about, we stopped at a McDonald's for an iced coffee. We saw an employee making them so we jotted down what we saw him doing. Since then we've been making iced coffees at home and they are GOOD! Jordan loves them too but I have to cut her off, she gets too wired! At the coaxing of my sister, I drank TWO LARGE iced coffees one day and boy was I bouncing off the walls. I was so geared up I couldn't sleep all night. My eyes wouldn't even shut!

So I decided that my recipe file needs that recipe before I forget it. I made a recipe card for my sister too. She'll get a kick out of the little story that I wrote on the card. I typed the recipe on my computer and printed it off on cardstock and cut to size. Patterned paper strip is from Cosmo Cricket. The cute stamp is an Itty Bitty Lockhart image called Hot Chocolate, perfect for coffee too. I used the new long oval Nestabilities from Spellbinder's, they are so awesome...great for those stamped images that need a skinnier space. The coffee mugs are colored in with Copic markers, originally embossed with coffee scented embossing powder but mine must have been too old....smelled good in the jar but the scent disappeared when I embossed it.
Well, back to my stamping table.....DH is umpiring a baseball tournament for the little boys til supper time, the girls are away on their Girl Scout trip......what's a girl to do but........STAMP!!!

12 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

WOOHOOO - Congrats Stevie!! Love your recipe cards, Mish!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Holy Moly !! Did I really win a prize ??? That is just too exciting ! Mish, you are wonderful ! :)

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I just love all you super cute recipe cards!
Congrats to Stefanie!

Bonnie said...

Mish, Love all your recipe cards lately. I'm going to have to try the coffee. I'm not a coffee lover, but a good jult sometime, could help.

Anonymous said...

Mish, your recipe cards are inspiring! I'd love to start a recipe book like yours!
2 questions... where do you get the inserts for your book that fit the cards so well, and second, is that a font on your recipe cards, or is that your handwriting? If that's a font, I love it, and would like to purchase it. Would you email me where you purchased it, if it's a font? Thanks!
Jennifer Good
stevegood9@cs.com

Lori Craig said...

Hey - this recipe looks great! I might have to try it. Believe it or not, I've never had an iced coffee.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I love your blog and use your sketches and paper choices as inspiration quite often. I want to make your 2 1/2 by 8" teacher notepad gifts from Dec. HOW DO I SPLIT THE NOTEPAD IN HALF? I tried a one-arm paper cutter but it didn't work. HELP PLEASE. donna
donnacalamari@msn.com

cyndi said...

ok i love iced coffee and that particular blen from McD's seems to be the only caffiene that i feel...reg coffee...nah..anything else..nah ..but one of those is like jet feul. i dont get it...is it a secret recipe?
and i am LOVING your recipe cards...you should do a blog on how you make them...or did you and i missed it like a dork?

Sarah said...

I LOVE iced coffee, but when I make them at home, they never turn out right.. What brand creamer and syrup do you use?! Thanks!!

Adorable little cards. I wish I had the time/ effort to convert all my recipes into something like that!

Lee said...

OH I'll definitely have to try making these.........'cuz then I can add extra sugar!!! LOL I love those adorable recipe cards!!! If you come back out to vacation in Colorado......let me know!!! I'll come meet you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in the font that is on the Iced Coffees recipes. Is it something that you sell? Please let me know as I am getting ready to put together a Family recipe album...thanks, Jennifer Franzen

Anonymous said...

I realize that I do not have my e-mail address here jennylynfran@aol.com
I am very interested in the font that is on the Iced Coffees recipes. Is it something that you sell? Please let me know as I am getting ready to put together a Family recipe album...thanks, Jennifer Franzen

Related Posts with Thumbnails