August 6, 2014

Project Life 2014....Week 19

Today I'm back, sharing my Week 19 of my Project Life 2014.  This week's spread was made using the August Life Pages Kit from Gossamer Blue.  The kit is packed full of journaling cards, stamps, embellishments, an alphabet and fun new cork designs.  
Here's my 2 page spread for the week. 
 The left page.
 The right page.
 This is my 4 x 6, main insert which features the week #, stitching, the alphabet and cork pieces.  I punched a circle from one of the cork pieces and used the reverse side to stamp on my own sentiment from the Life Pages stamp set.
 This 4 x 6 insert features a Heidi Swap transparent embellishment, machine stitching, a journaling card designed by Traci Reed and some Notebook Paper Labels from my shop.  I ran them right through my typewriter for easy journaling.
 One of the things I've loved lately is staging my photos so that there are blank spaces for embellishments or journaling.  Here I photographed 2 of my favorite vintage platters then used my typewriter right on the photo....then I added sticker letters.  You could easily use a phone app like Phonto to add journaling right to the photo before you send it to be printed.
 On to the 3 x 4 journaling cards.  Love this notebook paper looking card.  I added typewriter journaling and a stamp from the Life Pages Kit.
 More 3 x 4 cards from the kit.  It's so easy to add a bit of journaling and a photo.  Instead of a full 12 x 12 that only has one photo and a bit of journaling, I've simply added it to a 3 x 4 slot in my weekly spread.  Easy enough.
 Here I've stitched on some sequins and adhered a cork piece above a photo.  You can easily staple or stitch through the cork if you want.
 More journaling cards to finish off my spread.  I love rummaging through my kit to find just the right journaling card.  Sometimes just a little pattern is all you need behind a photo.
I'll be sharing more weekly spreads made from the Gossamer Blue kits soon.  In the meantime I hope you've had a chance to check out our new Design Team.  There are so many new creative gals joining our team....the gallery is going to be rockin'.

Gossamer Blue is also now a manufacturer.  I'm super excited about this!  It means that now in addition to a great assembly of monthly kits, there will be full collections of papers, stamps and embellishments....all designed by our talented Gossamer Blue designers.  There are three new collections coming soon......Get Happy designed by Allison Pennington......On My Desk designed by Paislee Press........and Gramercy Road designed by One Little Bird.  Can't wait to create projects with these three new lines soon.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Yay...you're back!!! I've missed your inspiration!
Hope you're having a great summer!

Debbie P said...

I don't get to comment often, but I love your PL spreads. They are so well done & so inspiring! Keep them coming!

Sharon said...

I love love love your layouts Michelle. They are so full and colourful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails