August 19, 2014

Introducing Tray Tuesday...when 2 kits collide

Hey there, today I'm introducing a new little series here on the blog that should be fun.  It's called Tray Tuesday and it's all about what's on my tray.  I've developed quite a fondness for vintage trays of all kinds.  Whether they're metal with decals, wood, silver, hammered aluminum, tv trays, etc.....I love 'em.  I always spy them when I'm out thrifting and it seems they like to come home with me.  

So what is Tray Tuesday?  If I've got something in the works and it's on a tray, I'll post it on a Tuesday.   Simple as that.  It might be a paper project or it could be a batch of fresh strawberry jam right out of the cooker....or a batch of freshly baked cookies....garden fresh goodies.....a stack of stationery with pens and stamps that I'm getting ready to mail out.....it should be fun to see what ends up on a tray.  

If you follow me on Instagram, I'll be using the hashtag #traytuesday if you want to join in and post any photos.  I'd love to see what's on your tray.  
 Today I have two pretty trays with two kits from the upcoming September Gossamer Blue release.  I'll be doing a series of posts in September showing how these two kits collide to create some pretty paper projects.
 You'll be to see how easily the Gossamer Blue kits coordinate with each other in a beautiful mixy matchy way.
Hope you'll join me for Tray Tuesday....and be looking for more posts soon.  The girls will be back in school soon and I've got lots to share.

10 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

Awesome idea!! I have some trays that need to come out and play, so I'll play along on instagram with you!!
Love this kit too - can't wait to see what you do!!

richardbreaks said...

This looks great! HOW do manage to keep a surface clean enough for a tray?? I would have to do "top of the heap" Tuesdays. Can't wait to see more of what's coming!

kolleen said...

Exciting! Thank you! Love all the goodies but the gold alphas are to die for!

Tami McBeain said...

You always have such fun ideas! I love trays, I found one that is in the same color as yours but it has little legs that fold out for a breakfast in bed tray! I think my heart skipped a beat when I found it! Looking forward to seeing what's on your tray on Tuesdays!

Dawn Gross said...

Fun! When I try to follow you on IG, the button won't stay on follow. Any ideas?

Dawn
dmg314

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

What an adorable idea!! I'm thinking I need to find me some cute trays, and join in the fun (though I kind of agree with Richard - how would I ever I manage to find space in my craftyden, clean enough to put one, haha!) ;) Your trays this week look like they're full of fun inspiration!! Thanks for sharing, Rx

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

What a fun new series! On my tray right now is a TV dinner, or at least the 2014 kind, which means a very yummy Napa Salad from Raley's with grapes and all sorts of fruits and nuts. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area you know :) Just in the past few months, you've helped me find myself in a way that was gone for 26 years of the sense of adventure and being happy over the little things in life. I don't have any flowers this year but I hope to next year. I have purchased some of your favorite paint but I haven't started painting this year. I haven't done any canning this year but I hope to next year. I still haven't started my Project Life but I just joined Gossamer Blue and almost flipped over not having that stamp about the desk until you said it was in September's Kit. I do look forward to having a few less Rubbermaid's full of my life and bring it to life.

My daughter had a very important event in her life last weekend that I was so upset over missing because nobody told me the date and I was imagining the great pages of memories I could have with her first and documenting them second. Hopefully soon something new and current will come up because that is the very first page I will make.

So thank you Michelle for helping me discover me again, one step at a time.

I do hope we can get together for a day when I'm out in your neck of the woods around Sept 10-ish or so.

Everydaynaseeha said...

Love your tray(s)! This looks right up my alley. I am going to go take a photo right now even, and post it on Instagram! I've got about 1/2 dozen trays with goodies in them set up all over Domesticraft! Looking forward to seeing next Tuesdays!

Michelle said...

Those photos are pretty darn inspiring!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

love the idea of Tray Tuesday! I can't wait to follow and play along!

Related Posts with Thumbnails