August 12, 2014

Greeting cards from Gossamer Blue August Kits

Today I'm sharing some fun cards I made using journaling cards and lots of little embellishments from the August Gossamer Blue kits.  
 I typed up some simple greetings onto a journaling card, trimmed them out and added pop dots to the backs.
 There were lots of little bits and pieces from the kits that were perfect for adding to card fronts.  These fun Grand Bazaar Die Cuts & Transparencies from Basic Grey are from the Life Pages Main Add-On Kit.
 I decided to create six cards so I lined up six various journaling cards (there are lots of patterns in one set) and started with some basic layering of little sticky notes and tags.  I always love when there's a set of post it notes in a kit....these are from Heidi Swapp and are in the Life Pages Add-On #3 Kit.  This is a great little kit, loved it this month.
 I built up the layers using clear embellishments, vellum pieces, brads and the resin pieces.  I set my sentiments where I wanted them too.
 Before adhering the sentiment pieces down I used some simple white thread to create a messy bundle, wadded it a bit and secured it in place with double sided tape.  For the pretty Basic Grey Resin Stickers, check out the Main Add-On Kit.  Gosh, this is a good kit too.  I love the 12 x 12 papers in this kit and plan to use them for scrapbooking some of Josey's senior photos.
 Now that I had all my journaling card pieces finished, I selected some papers from the August Bits & Pieces Kit.
 I took my card front pieces over to my sewing machine along with some yellow thread.
 I added stitching to the journaling card pieces to either secure pieces into place or to just add some decorative stitching. I always love how that adds such a homemade feel to a project.
 I secured all the pieces to my card fronts and in no time I had a happy little pile of cards.
 Here's the six cards all sitting pretty.
 I love how everything is layered on top of the simple journaling cards to begin with.
 So many fun pops of color and texture.
 Once you've used your Gossamer Blue for your main projects, I always make a little mini kit of sorts to create some cards.  Those leftover bits and pieces are perfect for creating cards.
 We all know it's fun to have cards waiting in a basket...instead of scurrying around to make a card at the last minute.
 By keeping the sentiments simple, you can create cards that can be used for any occasion.  Or you can get specific like I did with my thank you cards.
 Don't forget that cards make great gifts too. I like to give a card with a written note on a sticky note tucked inside the package.  That way that card can be reused also.  Oh, the colors just make me happy.
Okay card makers, I always get messages that you miss my cards and would like to see more.  Please chime in to let know what you think and what types of cards you'd like to see these days.  Thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Michelle, I LOVE the yellow in these cards! I agree that the stitching always adds a bit of home....feel touch to it! You are so good at building layers, I have always admired your final touches to your projects! The cards are beautiful. I need to have some masculine cards handy, as I'm always scurrying to find those in my girly stash of cards! Thanks again for your inspiration!!

Laurence W said...

Lovely cards ! Thanks for sharing !

Anastasia said...

i love these - what a great process - you seem to end up making so many in one go!

Sharon said...

I love how you layer and will use this concept in my PL. Tx Michelle.

Yvonne said...

Your cards are always so pretty and clever. I enjoy making a batch at one time also. It's so much easier to make a mess once and have a stack of cards as opposed to making 6 messes and having 6 cards. I am always partial to "thinking of you" cards. That sentiment covers a lot of territory. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

I get so excited when I see you have made more cards! I would love to see guy cards and little kid cards. I have relatives in those categories and there seem to be few examples out there of that type of card.

Christine said...

Oh Goodness! I came here from a pintrest link (to a 2011 post!)and got lost perusing your whole blog. I think I've found blog to add to my favorites! You do awesome work and have such creative ideas! Thank you for sharing with us.
~Christine

Tami McBeain said...

Great cards as usual, I always love your cards with all the layers and fun embellies!

Anne said...

I love your post today! Your jars of pickled peppers are just beautiful. The cards you make are just so inspiring. I have a little tip about putting a message inside cards. I have a punch from Stampin' Up that's a 1/2" circle slit. It only punches half a circle and leaves a slit in the paper. I punch two of these right across from each other and a couple of inches apart on the inside of the card, then I write a message on a piece of paper and slide it behind the slits. That way the recipient can reuse the card. Thanks for sharing with us!

Moonie said...

Gob smacking stunning is all I can say!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing.. so so inspiring

Related Posts with Thumbnails