August 28, 2014

Honey Beer Bread.....you will never need another recipe.

Edited:  When you link to the recipe it states the amount of beer is 12 ounces.  Hope that helps. 

Sharing recipes is a wonderful thing, isn't it?  I love it when I go to a community gathering or family event and someone brings a delicious new recipe.  Most times, the cook is willing to share the recipe and I go home with a new recipe for my files.  I feel that Pinterest is wonderful way to share recipes too.  I've gotten so many good, good recipes from there.  I always feel inclined to share my favorites.  

For years I searched for the perfect beer bread recipe. I remember going to those Tastefully Simple parties and always thinking that those boxed beer breads they used for sampling the dips were the best. But they were pricey and as someone who likes to make recipes from scratch I didn't want to keep buying the boxed mixes.  My searches always came up empty and believe me I've tried lots of beer bread recipes that failed.  I think I would have just been better off drinking the beer and calling it good.  

But fast forward to today and I have the perfect beer bread recipe.  Seriously, this is good stuff. The recipe is in my Recipes Bread Pinterest board and here is the link to the Honey Beer Bread recipe
 When we have friends over it seems they leave their beer in our garage refrigerator.  Since we are pretty much social drinkers those leftover cans might sit for months.  I usually use up some of the can by making a double batch of the Honey Beer Bread.  I always snicker when I crack open a beer, or two,  at noon. The husband comes home from work and sees empty beer can scattered about and sometimes wonders.....
 Here is the Honey Beer Bread that I made yesterday.  Can yo see how moist it is?  Other beer breads that I tried were dry and crumbly and just tasted like yeast.  These loaves are soft and moist and the honey gives them a slightly sweet taste along with the yeast from the beer.  Yeast....or whatever it's called.
 The top and bottom crusts, just look at how golden they are.  I use a full stick of melted butter for each recipe.  I pour half in the bottom of a sprayed bread pan and then pour half on top.  Fresh from the oven the loaves are slightly crunchy with a buttery flavor.  THE best part.
 For this loaf I added in candied jalapenos (recipes can easily be found on Pinterest) and a sharp cheddar cheese.
 For this loaf I added some fresh dill from my garden and some sharp cheddar cheese.
 Cheese and other additions add so much flavor to the beer bread.
 The possibilities are endless for the additions.  You could also do a bacon/cheddar combo, any herb you like or anything you can think of as long as it will hold up well in the bread.
Of course the plain version is pretty darn good too.  All you really need is REAL butter to top the slices off.  The loaves hold up well and last for days.  I always like to make a double batch, in two separate bowls, and give one as a gift.  Good stuff right here, folks.  Hope you give it a try.

1 comment:

susy said...

Sounds yum, thanks for sharing. Wondering what size bottle of beer you used? They come in so may sizes now days and I imagine our sizes will be different here in Australia anyway.

Related Posts with Thumbnails