January 23, 2013

Project Life 2012...Week 45 & Week 46

A little something for the card makers.  I shared these Christmas thank you cards over at the October Afternoon blog a while back.  Here's the link to that post in case you missed it.  
I also have have Week 45 ad Week 46 to share from my 2012 Project Life album. This is Week 45.  I used almost all pre-made journaling cards that I had created for my stash this week.  I was able to add lots of photos and type my journaling for some quick pages.
I added a few embellishments and a few found objects like this sticker from when I voted.
The pre-made journaling cards were very mixy matchy but so were my photos from this week so it all worked out just fine.
I used lots of typed labels to add some quick journaling.  I was gearing up for holiday mode so I knew I didn't want to take a lot of time on this simple week.
For Week 46, I reached for more of my pre-made journaling cards.  These all coordinated but I wanted to tie them all together in some way.  I used blue strips of patterned paper to do the trick.
I machine stitched the blue strips to all of my journaling cards so that it looked like I created them all specifically for this layout.
Here's the 2 page spread for Week 46.
The left page which uses 2 of the revamped journaling cards from above.
And the right right side which features another of the revamped journaling cards. I used some of the same patterned paper and colors for the rest of my inserts to tie everything together.
I love how that blue strip of patterned paper draws the eye to each insert.
A little more stitching and some Washi tape for further embellishing.
I typed right on the journaling cards + added date stamps.
This week also had a 6 x 12 divided insert.
I had made this recipe card previously of my mom's scalloped potatoes and weenies.  The original is in my recipe book but I took a photo of the recipe card and used it for my Project Life album.  I made several copies of this also to hand to friends and family.  I used one on a cookbook gift for my mother-in-law for Christmas.
The recipe card flips up.  I created a handmade page protector for it by trimming a page protector down and adding stitching.
This is the page with the recipe card flipped up.  The top photo is actually the back of the recipe card flipper portion.
I used more of the blue strips of patterned paper to tie this insert to the main Project Life pages.  Some stamping adds lots of embellishing but keeps the inserts flat.
Two more weeks in the books.  I'll be photographing and blogging the rest of my 2012 Project Life weeks all through February.  I'll be back tomorrow to share an October afternoon project with you.  Thanks for stopping by.

Note:  I'd love to hear from you......if you're doing Project Life this year, how are you going about it?  Strictly kits with simple journaling?  A mixed approach?  Digital?  Let me know what's working out for you this year.  :)

20 comments:

Marion said...

I started Project Life this year and have to say seeing your work was one of the main reasons and inpired me a lot. Currently working on week 3 and until now i am loving every minute of it.
I have the original page protectors, but no kit, i want to use my stash. A few coordinating papers for each week, lots of journaling and a few accents here and there, i try to keep it quite flat. :-)
Will be stopping by here for sure again and again for inspiration.

Mindful Memory Keeping said...

With a baby on the way (DD#2 due in April) I'm trying to keep it much simpler this year. I'm limiting myself to the olive and baby girl kit, grid cards, and stamps. I'm also trying to keep spreads to one page per week or fitting multiple weeks in a two page spread. Love your PL posts!

Sweet Woodruff said...

You do such lovely, inspiring work. Thanks for always posting and sharing.

Michelle said...

I am on year 2 of Project Life, and loving it. I bought the Olive and Seafoam kit, but I also get all the latest and greatest lines from October Afternoon, Crate Paper, Studio Calico, Echo Park, Basic Grey and many others. After seeing your awesome posts about premaking journal cards, I started doing the same. I will cut sets into 4x6 size, some journal cards and then bag them all in quart size bags. I decided to not corner round this year, but as last year, I am still inking my edges (love the vintage feel). Thank you so much for the time you put into posting. I restarted my blog, and for the first time I am posting Project Life. I now have a HUGE appreciation for the time you invest on our behalf!

tracy said...

Michelle,

Can you share how you use the typewriter on the labeling sticker. I'm having a hard time making it align properly.

libbywilko said...

Love the recipe, might have to try it ! I am doing PL digitally using a few of BH PL digital kits ; clementine and Seafoam... So far behind already :-)

Angel said...

You have inspired me to jump in on the band wagon... I got stuff to start and I am gonna mix I think. I got the clementine Card set but I like the idea of using my own stash so that is what I will do..
I must say I look forward to reading your blog everyday... I find that it my inspiration fix. So Keep posting..lol
I am new to Project life but I hope to have a album full of memories at the end of the year...
I love your style and your tid bits....Keep it coming...

Unknown said...

Largely due to your inspiration, I have started PL this year. Weeks 1 & 2 are done. Week three is in pieces and I hope to tackle it tomorrow or Friday. We spent a few days with my in-laws the first part of the week while mom had surgery (which had an awesome outcome!) so I was busy taking lots of notes and snapping pictures where appropriate to mark our time with them for week 4. I ordered a turquoise kit and got the cobalt kit as a gift so I am alternating weeks at this point. I have stamped a few of my own cards or embellished plainer cards with stamping. My kids already love looking back through my weeks and it is only two weeks. Thank you SO much for all your inspiration, suggestions and encouragement. I am so very glad to started this adventure!

Shayne said...

I really love your 'mish mash' style and i need to learn to be less OCD when putting together my Weeks. i find that i've got to have everything matching which is crazy. Must learn to add more embellishments too. I'm using an actual Clemintine kit, have the digi mini Mayfield kit and have also subscribed to the Studio Calico PL kit. So a bit of everything. Am definately going to have to 'mish mash' more.

Thanks for the great inspiration here Michelle!

Mandalika said...

Your PL is really inspiring, I just love the way you put it all together.

Unknown said...

Thoroughly enjoying your blog. I am doing PL for the first time. A mix of the Clementine kit, grid cards (love those) and the mounds of papers I have on hand. Love this relaxed approach to it. It is the first time I have scrap-booked in years.

Dawn Gross said...

I've done project life for several years but this is the first year I'm doing weekly layouts. For right now I'm sticking with the seafoam kit until I see how it's going to go. Love looking at your pages! I've been following your blog for a long time and can't believe how grown up your girls are all of the sudden!

Dawn

Carol W. said...

Beautiful PL Layouts! This is my first year with PL. After a few weeks of research at the end of last year, I decided to use Studio Calico's PL kit and Citrus Twist PL kits. I also hope to get Becky's season and holiday's mini kits when they hit the stores.

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

You've inspire me! I think I'll have to do a Project Life for our family!

Lori Craig said...

Aren't you lucky to still have bittersweet hanging around. It's almost impossible to find anymore nearer to the city. Beautiful photo! Hugs!

Dionne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dionne said...

Hello Mish,
I have to say that you helped me decide to do project life last year. I had so much fun and really enjoyed looking at your layouts. This year I plan to do it a little more relaxed and more organized. I did some printing at home and some out but for me the price of printing out won so that's what I'll do this year. I also had a PL kit and realized although I love the ease of the kit, I get bored and will be working mainly from my stash. Your PL book you made was brilliant so I copied and made one for myself sense you were all sold out. I still have a week left to do from last Dec. but no worries. My Family and I really enjoy looking back at what happen in 2012. Thanks for all your awesome ideas and sharing all you do.

Cubby House Crafts said...

I have just ordered all my gear for my first PL, I am really looking forward to starting and only new to scrap booking. Love your PL pages!!!
Lisa

Cubby House Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SewAmy said...

You have probably been asked this a hundred times (I see someone asked it up a few comments) but I can't find the answer. The cute type writing you do on your PL... do you use a real type writer? and how do you line it up? I love that look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails